Best CBM villain ever?

I would say, D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk and Ledger's Joker are probably on top of my list. I would give D'Onofrio the edge but that's probably because he had more time to flesh out his character and explore darker and subtle corners. But Ledger is amazing and his portrayal borders on pure genius, it's a gripping, cohesive, memorable performance.

And I am amongst those who thought that Marvel Studios failed at creating a memorable vilain, and that includes Tom Hiddleston's Loki. The actor is great, the portrayal in Thor was a good starting point for the character but from that moment on I feel like they failed at fleshing him out as a standout vilain. He's been mostly used as a plot device in Avengers (and was essentially Thanos' puppet the whole time) and Thor The Dark World seems to have put an halt to his villainous turn making him more of a mischievous sidekick, an entertaining one for that matter, but not a vilain anymore. Zemo was a great antagonist and a compelling character on its own but unfortunately lacks the typical comic book vilain flair (even though the low key approach works extremely well in the context of the movie).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"