Joker
Man of Steel
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Justice League
Suicide Squad
Green Lantern
Shazam

I wish they allowed us to do a list because MOS deserves a lot more love. it is my second choice on this list without a question. Top 3 from this list:

Joker
Man of Steel
The Dark Knight Rises

N3qn9N2.png

Not even TWS, CW and Raimi films are on IMDB's top 250 list. Considering that the Avengers' films have bigger audiences, yet are neck and neck with TDKR, in terms of GA score, is testament that Nolan's finale is holding up the test of time.
I would say this is proof that tdkr has a positive reputation and especially tdk trilogy as a whole as being evident with all 3 on the 250 list

Okay IMHO it goes like this:

My favorite DC film, Man of Steel, because I'm a big fan of Superman and I thought it got a lot more right than wrong, and was visually stunning and had a great score. However it's divisive.

The most enjoyable film was Shazam, its sheer fun and the kid actors are great. Not a masterpiece but a really good time.

However, the most important DC film of the decade was Wonder Woman - the story is okay, the supporting cast are very one-note ( especially the villains) but Gal Gadot is mesmerizing in the lead , and not because she's pretty - but because the director and writers totally understood the character and brought us a characterization that is IMO the greatest female superhero of all time. Wonder Woman personifies compassion, kindness but also strength and resilience - she's tough without being *****y and genuinely warm and has the highest sense of morality without being sanctimonious or preachy. The No Man's Land scene in that film is something really special.

So there we go.

:

My favorite DC film, Man of Steel, because I'm a big fan of Superman and I thought it got a lot more right than wrong, and was visually stunning and had a great score. However it's divisive.

The most enjoyable film was Shazam, its sheer fun and the kid actors are great. Not a masterpiece but a really good time.

However, the most important DC film of the decade was Wonder Woman - the story is okay, the supporting cast are very one-note ( especially the villains) but Gal Gadot is mesmerizing in the lead , and not because she's pretty - but because the director and writers totally understood the character and brought us a characterization that is IMO the greatest female superhero of all time. Wonder Woman personifies compassion, kindness but also strength and resilience - she's tough without being *****y and genuinely warm and has the highest sense of morality without being sanctimonious or preachy. The No Man's Land scene in that film is something really special.

So there we go.[/QUOTE]
i say you’re probably right on Wonder Woman. It being a success somewhat saved dc after bvs and ss

BVS
TDKR
Joker
MOS
WW

Rises is actually my favourite of Nolans films. It was most emotionally powerful of the three, the sewer fight was utterly heartbreaking, the climb from the pit inspiring. Few films make me cry, but Rises did.

After re-watching TDKR this week I still found it very good but the movie has a lot of problems. So my vote goes to Joker. Shazam and Wonder Woman are still up there though, and Aquaman has grown on me over time.

I still find MOS and BvS UC extremely under rated also.

Best DC film of the decade is the alternate timeline's Man of Steel that Matt Reeves would've made, had he been hired and had he brought the same heart and smarts that oozes out of 2014's Planet of the Apes.

After re-watching TDKR this week I still found it very good but the movie has a lot of problems. So my vote goes to Joker. Shazam and Wonder Woman are still up there though, and Aquaman has grown on me over time.

I still find MOS and BvS UC extremely under rated also.

Yeah. I rewatched the entire Nolan trilogy while doing some work at home last weekend - Dark Knight Rises has some great moments but its numerous problems stop it from reaching the same level of greatness as TDK.

I'd say TDKR is in the top five , but I wouldn't say its the best of the decade either. I still think its Wonder Woman, though Joker is a close second imo.

The DC actors of the decade imo are :

Christian Bale
Tom Hardy
Gal Gadot
Joaquin Phoenix
Margo Robbie
Jason Momoa

I just read everything and i didnt even know TDKR was hated wtf, i still remember how satisfied i was when it finished and everyone was going cray for Bane, idk what happened but i do remember at leas from my friends irl they all loved it

I just read everything and i didnt even know TDKR was hated wtf, i still remember how satisfied i was when it finished and everyone was going cray for Bane, idk what happened but i do remember at leas from my friends irl they all loved it

Well, it wouldn't go so far as to say it was "hated" per say. Yeah there was disappointment some of fans , and other fans loved it. It was the typical fan debate of its either , " The Best film ever! " or "The most disappointing film ever!"

There was a fan divide at the time, but nothing compared to what MOS brought a year later .

If anything, you had some fanboys losing it when certain Film critics didn't give TDKR positive reviews,
and literally threatened them.

But yeah, Hardy's Bane was praised and became a bit of a pop culture icon. I will say,
in my own experience at the time, of people who I knew, the reaction was a bit mixed.

So take that for what you will.

Last edited:
1. Wonder Woman
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Joker

It’s not hated at all really. The people who don’t like it are just really loud about it. It’s one of the most loved comicbook movies ever from all fan ratings and even critical ratings. Yeah bane is still iconic I’d say bane Thanos and joker were the big villains of the decade even just from memes

1. Man of Steel
2. Joker
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Aquaman
5. Wonder Woman

Man of Steel or BvS for me.

Also Watchmen for the consideration too.

Last edited:
I Yeah bane is still iconic I’d say bane Thanos and joker were the big villains of the decade even just from memes

Don't forget Loki. Before Thanos, he was pretty much THE MCU villain.

Personally, I'd add Killmonger as well

Don't forget Loki. Before Thanos, he was pretty much THE MCU villain.

Personally, I'd add Killmonger as well
True about Loki but I feel killmonger got overshadowed by Thanos even though I think killmonger is better

I'd say Thanos is the top cbm villain of the decade if I were to rank them or make a list, though Bane, Phoenix's Arthur/Joker, Killmonger , Loki, and Fassbender's Magneto would be near the top as well.

I think Phoenix's Joker has taken Thanos' crown for this decade of CBM villains.

This was a tough call for me. TDKR adapted a landmark Batman story, and did it well. Aquaman was a roller coaster that finally did justice to the character's mythos after so many years of mainstream misperception. However, I still have to give it to Man of Steel for finally exploring Krypton's history and dealing with Superman as an outsider in this incarnation of the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"