Best Marvel Comic You Ever Read?

Kool-Aid said:
Joe Kelly Deadpool except the end the end was balls. The guy after him had a better run though I think.

*Shakes head*

*shakes both heads, but not to much one or it'll throw up*

Doc Destruction said:
My single favorite issue is the issue where Spider-Man save the invalid kid from Morbius and then unmasks. I nearly cried, it was THAT good.

I JUST read that last month and it was AWESOME. Also Astonishing X-men

I would have to go with either the first arc of the Ultimates Volume 1, Daredevil by Kevin Smith or Ultimate Spiderman, again the first arc.

They all got me by the eyelids and held me right close to the page.

I'm a diehard subscriber. I love the convenience of getting my comics delivered to my house, and would never, ever consider buying a comic book at a retail shop. There are 3 main reasons I have for this:

1) Gimmicks. I believe that comic book specialty shops have restricted the reach of comics. This, in turn, makes them prone to relying on gimmicks, crossovers, and publicity stunts (or "relaunches") to boost sales every so often, rather than just relying on good writers and excellent art.

2) Price. I currently subscribe to 28 monthly titles, and I pay what averages out to 30% of retail (assuming $2.99 per issue) for my comics, direct from DC and Marvel. (that's 70% off the cover price) Why would I want to spend 3 times as much for my comics? (or have to subscribe to only 1/3 of the titles I get now)

3) Convenience. Without lifting a finger, I get the issues of my favorite comics in my mailbox every month. The mailman is already going by my house every day anyway, so I consider it the environmentally friendly thing to do. No extra wasted gas or time every month.

Now, this brings me to a question. I know there weren't any comic book specialty shops when I was very young. The first of them reared their ugly heads as the 1970's drew to a close, as I recall, and didn't start spawning in most of the cities around me until the early to mid 1980's.

Does anyone know in what year these evil entities managed to surpass the traditional subscription sales of comics? I've always been curious about that.

BTW, the lamest comic I'm subscribing to right now is Aquaman, which has perhaps the worst artwork I have ever seen. The best would be a tossup between Exiles and Green Lantern. (if you don't count the Frew Phantom, which I get by trading with a guy in Australia)

hmm favourite story arc..

The union jack mini is a favourite of mine,as in moore and davis' captain britain..

i alos like the current captain america run and i'm am loving new excalibur.

secret wars was fun too...and i also like the clone saga..i liked ben reilly.

-Earth X

-Romita Jr.'s Eternals

-Avengers Disassembled

-Millar's Ultimates 2

-Most of Bendis' DD

-Wolverine Origins

-Brubaker's Captain America

...that's such a mesh of crap and greatness I can't tell if you're joking or not. :confused: :( :o

CConn said:
...that's such a mesh of crap and greatness I can't tell if you're joking or not. :confused: :( :o

Heh, ask around, I like things across the board. From so-called 'classics' to the more reviled ones that a select few on here enjoy (Jewish Hobbit, GNR, ect.).

But you can rest assured I'm quite serious.

Best event: 1602

Best creative run: Grant Morrison's New X-Men
(Honorable mention: Dan Jurgens' "King Thor" saga. The "Eh...what?" last several arcs bring it down a bit)

Best arc: Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men "Gifted"

Best single issue: Astonishing X-Men #4

Best graphic novel: Marvels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"