Best and Worst of Marvel 2007

What's going on around his waist area? :confused:
Nothing. He just doesn't have a belt that easily separates his torso from his legs like a lot of comic characters. He has a breastplate that comes all the way down to his waist and a black loincloth sort of thing that drapes down from that in the center. The sides have more green armor that aren't visible because he's sitting.

Kingdom Come had a fair number of armored characters, dude. Alan, the Blue Beetle, Batman, and a lot of other characters all had armor of various types.

Nothing. He just doesn't have a belt that easily separates his torso from his legs like a lot of comic characters. He has a breastplate that comes all the way down to his waist and a black loincloth sort of thing that drapes down from that in the center. The sides have more green armor that aren't visible because he's sitting.

Those are his legs? :confused:

Hahahaha, what sort of stupid reasoning did the series give for that?

That's the Metal Men covering the JLA (Super Friends) to block Braniacs nanobots from affecting them.

Nah, Justice was out of continuity.
That's the Metal Men covering the JLA (Super Friends) to block Braniacs nanobots from affecting them.
Ah, I see now. I'm guessing Superman got Lead, given that pretty much anyone else would die if you put 'em in a lead suit...

Damn, Ross really can't do anything modern, can he?

Oh you mean modern like design a new Captain America suit? Whoopsie!

So he's done a single design for modern, in continuity book. Wow. Go Alex Ross. :whatever:

Best Marvel Hero of 2007? Iron Man
Worst Marvel Hero of 2007? Spider-Man (for making a deal with the devil and being a whiny jackass)

Best Marvel Heroine of 2007? Ms Marvel
Worst Marvel Heroine of 2007? Sally Floyd

Best Marvel Event of 2007? World War Hulk
Worst Marvel Event of 2007? One More Day

Best Team Book of 2007? X-Men
Worst Team Book of 2007? Mighty Avengers (not because I hate this team or anyone on it, but because it took them nearly a year to tell a story that took place in one days time.

Best Relaunch of 2007? Thor
Worst Relaunch of 2007? Heroes for Hire

Best Fight of 2007? Iron Man/Hulk
Worst Fight of 2007? Black Panther/Silver Surfer (a chokehold on the Surfer? Comeon!)

Best Moment of 2007? Iron Man taking out the Skrulls in Illuminati #5
Worst Moment of 2007? Spider-Man making a deal with the devil

Best Mini of 2007? Annihilation Conquest: Star-Lord
Worst Mini of 2007? Can't think of any

Best Ongoing of 2007? Captain America
Worst Ongoing of 2007? Black Panther

Best Writer & Artist of 2007? Ed Brubaker & Jim Cheung
Worst Writer & Artist of 2007? Brian Micheal Bendis & Leinil Francis Yu

Best Marvel Villain of 2007? Red Skull
Worst Marvel Villain of 2007? The Hood

Best New Marvel character of 2007? Can't think of any
Worst New Marvel character of 2007? Can't think of any

------------------------------------------------------------------

And for those that keep putting Iron Man as a villain:

Marvel has him as the #1 HERO of 2007

Marvel >>>>> Iron Man haters

Oh you mean modern like design a new Captain America suit? Whoopsie!
What's modern about that? He adapted a Spider-Man movie design he did about 6 years ago almost line-for-line, only with a different mask and appropriately patriotic coloring, and made it shiny. :confused:
And for those that keep putting Iron Man as a villain:

Marvel has him as the #1 HERO of 2007

Marvel >>>>> Iron Man haters
I seem to remember most people applauding him when they named him best villain. I did. He makes a much better anti-heroic bastard than he does a purely heroic samaritan.

It really was a good year for relaunches. Nova, Thor, Immortal Iron Fist--all great stuff. :up:

I agree. It was also a great year for new characters, too.

Yeah, especially with A:TI and kinda/sorta with New Warriors.

And The Order. :up:

Agreed. :up:

The sad thing is, Marvel really was having a terrific year all around for 2007. I'm reading more of their books this year and they're mostly of better quality than 2004, 2005, or 2006. And then came OMD, which ended 2007 with the worst of bad taste. It is like a gymnast giving a 8.5 -calliber athletic performance for the judges, and just when the athlete lands and does the final pose, they take a dump all over. Pooches the whole deal.

For the record, WWH: Frontline wasn't terrible. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"