World Best non-Christopher Reeve Superman?

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
Don't vote unless you've actually seen them all play the role.

kirk-alyn-signed.jpg

Kirk Alyn

GRclouds.jpg

George Reeves

17_1_b.JPG

Dean Cain

George Reeves will always be Superman to me!
Reeves_pointing.jpg

i didn't like the superman portrayers... but I did like the superboy portrayers.

None, I don't like any of them but I'll go with Dean Cain only because I disliked the others even more.

Kirk Allyn was okay. Dean Cain talks like a girl (or Tom Welling for that matter). Reeves, however, was very convincing in the role, and he didn't even have the physique for it. He may not have always looked like it, but he just oozed the confidence of Superman. Dean Cain looked like a goofy kid running around in Dad's old Halloween costume.

I'd say George Reeves was my favorite out of the non-Reeve Supermans. I won't vote since I've never seen Alyn.

But just look at Dean Cain. He looks like he's absolutely in love with himself. I'd rather slap that snotty smirk off his face than be rescued by him. =P

I wasn't looking at a picture of Clark though. I'm looking at his "Superman"

And frankly, it sucked.

George Reeves hands down!
When you consider the budget that severely limited the production values of the series you become aware that Reeves performance truly made the show enjoyably "Super".

Tom Welling should have been in Superman Returns. he had chris reeves blessings. and has more of the features for superman.

Kal-EL84 said:
Tom Welling should have been in Superman Returns. he had chris reeves blessings. and has more of the features for superman.

Oh boy...actually Christopher Reeve's wife was completely won over by Rotuh as Clark and Superman.

Im going to have to go with Reeves. He was really good. I've been itching to pick up the new DVDs but just with lack of money. I want to see these episodes again.

Kal-EL84 said:
No. Never. I don't care if he had the Pope's blessing. He can't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Features? You mean the messed up grill? Evaporating physique? Oh, maybe the girly voice? He could pull off Supergirl, though.

Dean Cain, of course. Why do you guys always choose a bad pic of Dean to show his Superman portrayal?

capeshot8.jpg

lcev44.JPG

lcev206.JPG

George Reeves is so stupid that makes me laugh. Look at that pose...

SpiderDaniel said:
George Reeves is so stupid that makes me laugh. Look at that pose...

Compared to this smirky guy:

17_1_b.JPG

Reeves owns bot actingwise and lookwise.

Bad Superman said:
Compared to this smirky guy:

17_1_b.JPG

Reeves owns bot actingwise and lookwise.
That pic doesn`t give him justice. Look at the grannies pants of George Reeves. He is Fatman not Superman. George Reeves as Superman to me looks like the same as Adam West as Batman: STUPID.

I grew up with Dean Cain, so I always associated him with Superman. But as soon as I started getting into the Reeve movies, I soon forgot about him. I think Routh will be my favourite once SR is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"