Best Rock Band.

Yeah, they have a rollercoaster.

Being around a long time doesn't make you the greatest.

Selling out the largest venues in the world for 40 years, being on world tour contantly and selling out usually within a week of releasing tickets does kinda help...... And which band invented the fretless bass?

Also, who the **** are Days Of The New?

This poll truly was and is sucakge.

Selling out the largest venues in the world for 40 years, being on world tour contantly and selling out usually within a week of releasing tickets does kinda help......

It means they're great, and they get along well. Doesn't mean their music is any better than some of the bands that broke up over the years.

I'm not knocking you saying they're the greatest, I'm just saying that being around a long time doesn't really have anything to do with it. IMO, anyway.

Yeah, The Rolling Stones are hard to beat. I used to think Zeppelin, but having seen them twice now and listening to them non stop lately, my opinion has been swayed. It's really hard to argue.

It means they're great, and they get along well. Doesn't mean their music is any better than some of the bands that broke up over the years.

I'm not knocking you saying they're the greatest, I'm just saying that being around a long time doesn't really have anything to do with it. IMO, anyway.

Also, they helped with the civil rights movement to a degree and opened up the music industry to black artists, after citing influences the general white populace had never heard, helping most of them break into the limelight and gain respect amongst other things.

Helping to quash racism is seems pretty damn great to me.

Queen :heart:

Though I think it's hard to classify them as rock. Majority of their songs are pretty poppy.

I want to reach through the internet and slap the person who voted Nickelback

3/4 of the bands on this list shouldn't even be considered. And the person who said evanescence should be taken out back, tied down, brushed with honey and eaten alive by ants.

3/4 of the bands on this list shouldn't even be considered. And the person who said evanescence should be taken out back, tied down, brushed with honey and eaten alive by ants.

Absolutely. I think people are confusing "favorite" band with "best" band. I can acknowledge that some of my favorite bands belong no where near a list of best bands.

can't believe The Doors aren't on that list, of course they only had a four year prime. Pink Floyd is absolute genius as well

Thinking about REM, I would give them some major props. So many alternative bands of the past two decades more or less cite them as one of their biggest influences. I know Radiohead has for sure.

Jefferson Airplane
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Big Brother and the Holding Company
The Beatles
Queen
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Credence Clearwater Revival
Pink Floyd
Fleetwood Mac