Best Scene of Thor

one4smoke

Civilian
Reaction score
To me, it was when he gave his life to save everyone, laying there lifeless and you here those famous words of Odin. Then of course watching Mjolnir return to him.

When it comes out on DVD, I'll definitely wear that part out!

To me, it was when he gave his life to save everyone, laying there lifeless and you here those famous words of Odin. Then of course watching Mjolnir return to him.

The frost giant/Thor fight at the beginning is pretty dang epic. That's the scene I'll be wearing out haha

That WAS a great scene! There are so many in this movie.

My fav, however, is the scene with THOR and LOKI in the SHIELD interrogation room. One of the most emotionally powerful scenes ever.

That WAS a great scene! There are so many in this movie.

My fav, however, is the scene with THOR and LOKI in the SHIELD interrogation room. One of the most emotionally powerful scenes ever.

great acting from both of em in that scene! good stuff

There were many great scene's its hard to choose one, but a powerless Thor walking up to The Destroyer and offering his life in exchange for all the humans' one was pretty damn brilliant, as was the subsequent scene.

I love Thor trying to pick up his hammer and failing then that whole follow through into the interrogation room with Loki.

I think my favorite scene was the whole Destroyer sequence. Everything was so cool ... Destroyer marching through town, Thor making the sacrifice, Mjolnir returning to Thor ... so awesome. I do wish the actual fight between Thor and the Destroyer was longer, but still a great scene.

I just really liked the Frost Giant fight where he was twirling his hammer at super-speed. I was genuinely surprised they put that in there, and I've always loved the Mjolnir Helicopter.

I really enjoyed the scene between Thor and Odin at the end. I also really liked the scene between Loki and Odin, where Loki revealed that he knew the truth about his past... very intense.

Definitely the scene where Loki confronts Odin in the vault. Wouldn't look out of place in some high brow Oscar bait period drama.

The Frost Giant battle & The Destroyer's ramapage through town which includes the scenes where Thor sacrifices himself and regains his powers.

The destruction of the Bifrost Bridge & Thor's convo with Loki in the sheild interrogation room were amazing as well.

I really liked the scene with Loki in the vault where Loki learns that things he thought he knew about himself weren't what he thought they were. It's just so...real a scene despite it taking place in a fantastical setting. I mean imagine you are in Loki's place and you've just found out you're not who you thought you were.

Either that or I just have too huge a crush on Tom Hiddleston.

Bear with me guys. This thought occurred to me but the inscription on Mjolnir stated whoever could pick the hammer up would get the power of Thor. I was thinking, the meaning behind that might be that it's not just the immense physical power the bearer would get, but the power to rule over all the entire universe as the bringer of order. As we all know Odin named Thor as his successor and naturally he has more qualities to be a proper leader to keep the balance in the universe between good and evil. It's interesting that failing to retrieve Mjolnir would cause Thor despair while Loki acted calm on the outside, but as his actions afterwards would dictate, he was absolutely seething with anger. Odin in his infinite wisdom was testing both of his sons to see who had the qualities to be a benevolent, fair ruler when the time comes for him to abdicate the throne of Asgard and retire to Valhalla. That one, subtle scene where both Thor and Loki failed to pull Mjolnir from the impact site is so subtle, a person bereft of a sharp mind would totally miss the point of them completely! It must be tearing up at Loki inside to know that the man he calls a father doesn't think all his cunning is worthy of the throne. When Thor gives up his own life to save the people of Earth, Thor passed Odin's test.

THOR and LOKI in the SHIELD interrogation room

This one. I really liked all of scenes with Thor and Loki, Thor and Odin or Loki and Odin. Really good scenes capturing the dynamic between Brothers, Sons and their father.

The diner scenes, where Thor, Darcy, Eric and Jane are eating. Thor's stuffing his face, smaskes the mug on the ground and shouts, "Another"! That entire scene was so hilarious until Thor leaves to go "50 miles west of here".

Lots of great scenes in Thor. I loved all the ones mentioned above - Thor & Loki's interactions together, the Destroyer fight and Thor's revival, Odin & Loki's conversation in the vault.

I loved the confrontation between Thor and Loki at the end - particularly when Thor pins Loki to the ground with Mjolnir lying on his chest. And when he starts destroying the bifrost with Mjolnir, you really get a sense of how much power he has.

I really enjoyed the scene between Thor and Odin at the end. I also really liked the scene between Loki and Odin, where Loki revealed that he knew the truth about his past... very intense.

If there's any actually good scene in Thor, that's the one. But the first battle was quite good too.

That one for me too. Its beautiful

When Thor gives up his life and when he's reborn and gains back his powers. :up:

Why didn't Sif run to Thor when he fell? I would have liked that but I can understand why it was Jane. Heck why didn't the others run to him?

When Thor gives up his life and when he's reborn and gains back his powers. :up:

Why didn't Sif run to Thor when he fell? I would have liked that but I can understand why it was Jane. Heck why didn't the others run to him?

That scene is the definition of what a superhero is,Thor really put the "great power,great responsibility" line into practice.

That scene is the definition of what a superhero is,Thor really put the "great power,great responsibility" line into practice.

It was the definition of what Thor comics have lost sight of. It was Thor expressing his humility through actions. When they went to Jotunheim he put his pride before the consequences and put the people he loved in danger. Fandral got it in the chest because of it. In that concluding scene he realises exactly what his father said and places his own life before those that he loved to stop them getting hurt. He is able to say he is wrong and that these people matter. When was the last time comic Thor seemed to be explicitly learning his lesson? I always thought Thor's promotion of Jane as the most worthy woman he knew was a good expression of that considering Asgardians consider mortals to be inferior.

As for why Sif didn't run to him. It was a heartfelt scene between Thor and Jane when he explains that he did it to keep them safe. Three's a crowd.

For me, its four words that broke my heart.
"Can I come Home"?

After watching the first Thor many times, I have grown to really like the Thor/Loki dynamic so much that the final confrontation between them really is a great payoff for the entire movie. So definitely the Thor vs Loki battle at the end.

Although I must admit the line from Loki: "What more than that?", when Odin tells Loki that he is his son still send shivers down my spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"