best transformers series

Discussion in 'Cybertron' started by spidergrant, Jul 30, 2007.

?

best series

1. g1

2. beast wars

3. beast machines

4. robots in disguise

5. armada

6. energon

7. cybertron

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. spidergrant Registered

oh. well i read the gathering book and it turns out the book was all the comics in one. i only wish it wasnt black and white

2. Astrø The Man On The Moon

I HATE THAT TOO! :cmad: My Uncanny X-Men (writen by Stan Lee) were all black and White it is realy gay! :cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

3. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

Sounds like both of you got some special reprints.

4. Astrø The Man On The Moon

Yeah maybe im just not happy right now...:(

5. spidergrant Registered

beast wars the gathering is just one of those comics thats not meant to be blaack and white

6. Saved SynTheMerc

What comic is!? :huh:

7. spidergrant Registered

well i can see spawn would be kind of cool. same with batman and some other darker comics

8. Saved SynTheMerc

Only covers. I don't like black and white comics that much.

9. spidergrant Registered

yeah good point

10. ShadowBoxing Registered

Thats not really the case with Beast Wars or Beast Machines. Beast Wars originally had a storyline planned involving most of the toys that would've made it a direct sequel to "The Rebirth" where Optimus changed his form to an ape and Megatron was reincarnated and given Dino DNA. Even the tech specs on the Beast Wars toys were written around this storyline. However the cartoon's animation was so expensive and expectations were so low on Transformers being revitalized that Hasbro essentially handed full creative control of the show to Bob Forward and Larry Ditillo who wrote their own show from scratch, retooling the cast as they saw fit.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000 Registered

The facts of your statement are mostly right but there is one thing that I understand is different.........While those that piched the idea of Beast Wars story had intended for it to be a G1 continuation [even thou they new little of G1 history] to Hasbro's head honchoes, they rejected the idea and had them retool it so that it didnt have any conection to G1.It was the writters that tricked them into allowing by first showing them a retooled treament for the show but having them land on a planet with two moons.Hasbro heads wanted a fresh start with Beast Wars because they were hoping that their Machine Wars toyline would get popular enough to get a show of its owen with they were hoping would be conected to the G1 universe in some way.

And your statement doesnt really pretain to my staement about why some characters were changed...its a semi well knowen fact that Bob Forward hated the idea of trans-metals...thats why some characters never got the upgrade on the show but did in the toyline.He even wanted to have Primal in a regular beast form even if it were a different one.I heard him say at a convention that he asked Hasbro if they were willing to let him use the Lio Convoy design for Primal instead of the first transmetal Primal mold but he idea was rejected infavor of Hasbro's toyline releasese's

12. spidergrant Registered

i think transmetals were cool but i liked them being regualr beasts too

13. Diamondhead Registered

Beasties of course!

It would be very interesting to see a giant gorilla or a dinosaur transforming into a very sophisticated robot in the next Michael bay ,Steven Spielberg transformers movie.

14. spidergrant Registered

well id like to see the dinobots looking like what skorponok did

15. Saved SynTheMerc

Yeah but for Beast Wars if they ever do do it, I want to see them looking like real animals.

16. spidergrant Registered

yeah but if its live action the extra beast parts that go one there arms or backs would look really wierd

17. Saved SynTheMerc

Have you seen CGI? Cause the robots in the movie were CGI, and the BW in the TV show were CGI. CGI is advanced now. It can make anything weird. As much as I'd like to see a BW live action movie, its pretty pointless. With no real people, why bother making it live action?

18. katiserge01 Registered

i don't know about you guys, but the energon and cybertron series have really grown on me. i must admit i've seen only a handful of each, but i like how each episode built upon each other into a climactic end, especially the cybertron series. the animation was really good, and it was at its best in the cybertron series. i really like OP here with his faceplate off many times. he looks much younger and more expressive. :cwink: i think there's even more character development here than the g1 series ever had. i haven't seen a lot of the beast wars, so i really can't compare.

if you want to flame me because of this, go ahead and be immature. i only want to know why those series have garnered so much disgust from a lot of transfans.

i have to say though that i've already voted for g1 coz of hot rod/rodimus. :cwink:

19. spidergrant Registered

i feel like g1 had almost no character development

20. Saved SynTheMerc

When you have 25 guys, its easy to feel like that. Beast Wars had a consistent 6-10 or so cast on each team, which was perfect for character development. Thats why I loved it.

21. spidergrant Registered

im guessing because of the little g1 character development and only the new characters really getting development, every series now starts with about 3 or 4 characters. but yeah with beast wars characters got alout of development cause usually each episode focused around 1,2, or 3 characters with only a couple one with the whole team. the only problem was there wasnt very much decepticon development like with inferno. after his debut he usually only seen once or twice in an episode with no lines

22. BeefPie.. Guest

:trans: i heard that tf animated comes out next year

23. BeefPie.. Guest

.I.P Steve Rogers and Steve Irwin

Member of Panettiere Patrol

Heroes Quote of the Week: Nathan
    "You don't want redemption. You want ignorance. Let's go to the edge. You won't feel anything. You never do."

24. Saved SynTheMerc

And you quoted my signature.....why? :dry: