Best villain this year(so far)?

All the love Ajax receives one this page is refreshing.
I liked how the whole "what's my name?" running gag. Had a great pay off at the end.

It sums up my love of Deadpool. It's small scale and personal. It's about 2 guys who hate each other... That's it. No contrived end of the world scenario. More films need to start scaling it down. Suicide Squad should've taken a cue from Deadpool.
:applaud

None of these villains were that great to me. Zemo was fine but he wasn't really the focus of CW.

None of the villains stand out as particularly interesting to me this year. Kaecillius had the potential as seen in his conversation with Strange but the film doesn't explore it beyond one well delivered monologue. I actually though Eisenberg brought some real energy and interest to BvS, but was ultimately let down by a schizophrenic script. Apocalypse and Ajax were straight up dull as dishwater. Zemo comes out on top as a result of Bruhl's reserved performance and a script that flips the narrative around him in an interesting way. Of all the villainous moments this year, nothing was as powerful as Zemo surrounded by the murdered Winter Soldiers mournfully asking "you think I wanted more of you?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"