• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comedy Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

This doesnt look bad so far, but you can clearly tell Eddie is playing this much lower key than he used to.
He’s been that way for years. Even the third movie had him more mellow. I watched his new movie Candy Cane Lane and he was such low energy, even for scenes where you could tell it needed more energy.

There's a clip in Jimmy Kimmel recently where he said:

“When I was on the set, we kept having that experience. There was a scene where they wanted me to run down these steps; it was outside, these cement steps. After I did it, the director said, ‘Can you come down faster with more of a sense of urgency?’ And I was like, ‘No, I can’t!’ I had to tell everybody, ‘Listen, I know I still look like Axel Foley but don’t ask me to do nothin’ you won’t ask Morgan Freeman to do.'”

I enjoyed that trailer a lot. Definitely more interested after watching it. As a child of the 80's I'm a sucker for this stuff.

I didn't realise they'd actually pulled the trigger on making this, looks like good fun. :D

Actually this looked way better than I thought. The action scenes actually look pretty interesting too. Trailer could've used a bit more comedy but I'm glad they didn't show too many of the bits

I disagree that this "looks like a Netflix movie". Production quality looks a bit better than those and quality wise seems fine and not phoned in and usually i don't like the Netflix originals. Save for ironically Dolemite is My Name.

Wasn't really into this before but I'll check it out. It looks decent at worst

EDIT: First time director though so my hype went down a little. Wish they got Craig Brewer

Last edited:
I disagree that this "looks like a Netflix movie". Production quality looks a bit better than those and quality wise seems fine and not phoned in and usually i don't like the Netflix originals. Save for ironically Dolemite is My Name.
Yeah, doesn't look too Netflix-y to me. Coming 2 America was from Amazon Prime and it looked waaaaay more Netflix than this.

There's a clip in Jimmy Kimmel recently where he said:

“When I was on the set, we kept having that experience. There was a scene where they wanted me to run down these steps; it was outside, these cement steps. After I did it, the director said, ‘Can you come down faster with more of a sense of urgency?’ And I was like, ‘No, I can’t!’ I had to tell everybody, ‘Listen, I know I still look like Axel Foley but don’t ask me to do nothin’ you won’t ask Morgan Freeman to do.'”
I saw something else on TikTok when the studio asked him "Can you grow your hair out like in the first movie" and Murphy replied "Can I grow my hair out like when I was in my 20s? No I can't"

Idk people are so weird about aging. People are not gonna be able to look or move like they did when they were young. Some people are lucky to but those people are exceptions to the rule. I remember there were a decent amount of posts on here with people being weirdos about Martin Lawrence's appearance in Bad Boys III when he looks like *gasp* a normal middle aged dude

I didn't see much of it but apparently Kel Mitchell got it too with Good Burger 2

Last edited:
Yeah, doesn't look too Netflix-y to me. Coming 2 America was from Amazon Prime and it looked waaaaay more Netflix than this.
Lord don't remind me.
Coming to America is in my top 5 but that was one of the laziest sequels. But thankfully I (or anybody) didn't have to go to the theater to see it

I definitely wish they went the Bad Boys For Life route with this by giving it a proper budget and a theatrical release but I'm guessing they didn't have a whole lot of confidence in this from the beginning.

Either way the action scenes still look pretty damn solid.

Do Netflix original movies not have proper budgets? The Gray Man supposedly cost $200 million.

I saw something else on TikTok when the studio asked him "Can you grow your hair out like in the first movie" and Murphy replied "Can I grow my hair out like when I was in my 20s? No I can't"

Idk people are so weird about aging. People are not gonna be able to look or move like they did when they were young. Some people are lucky to but those people are exceptions to the rule. I remember there were a decent amount of posts on here with people being weirdos about Martin Lawrence's appearance in Bad Boys III when he looks like *gasp* a normal middle aged dude

I didn't see much of it but apparently Kel Mitchell got it too with Good Burger 2
True, and with Beverly Hills Cop the last one came out 30 years ago. Hell Bad Boys 2 and 3 had what, a 17 year gap? These things should be expected at this point.

I saw the trailer for this. I am fine with how it looks. A $200 million Beverly Hills Cop movie in 2024 would just be ridiculous anyway.

I saw the trailer for this. I am fine with how it looks. A $200 million Beverly Hills Cop movie in 2024 would just be ridiculous anyway.
That's the thing. They could have pulled a lower budget film just fine if there wasn't so much emphasis on the action, which was never what made the original two movies work anyway. This looks like a cheaper version of Bad Boys.

Finally this movie should have come out years ago but now that we are finally getting it all be it on Netflix, I just hope Beverly Hills Cop Axel Foley lives up to the original 3 films

Well the first two anyway. I didn't care much for the third.

Number 3 wasn't very good at all. But given recent track record on these legacy sequels, my faith in this is low. Likely to be closer to BHC3 than BHC

But love that they have Kevin Bacon in this as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Axel has a grown daughter in this too...so it can be like a father/daughter road picture too

This looks great to me. Eddie actually looks like he’s having fun and giving a sh*t again after playing so many subdued roles.

I recently rewatched 2 and I know it gets hate but I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"