• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comedy Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

So they're sticking with that name, huh?

But yeah looks fun, and glad it doesn't seem they're leaning too hard on the "The lead from the old movie's child is the star this time" trope from so many other legacy sequels

2 is an awesome film it helps that the guy who did top gun directed it

It’s such a great summer movie to me. Great soundtrack. Easy vibe. Super funny.

Looks watchable which is fine for me and Taylour Paige is fine as hell.

That’s such a better trailer! Doesn’t hurt they remixed Axel F with Neutron Dance lol

All of Eddie’s jokes landed too which was a big surprise considering the last few outputs.

It’s not as polished as the Bad Boys trailer, I’m curious what those guys would’ve done with this, but the last shot definitely feels BHC kinda action.

This would’ve opened great in theatres for sure.

Maybe it's just me, but the
Police Captain is actually corrupt
is so unimaginative, not helped at all by
Kevin bacon looking slimy as hell
and involved in a major action set piece.

I really enjoyed the trailer. A lot of the OG characters back. I hope its as fun as it looks.

Looks really fun and I hope Eddie gets to play that character like used to.
Judging by this trailer, he still has that fast-talking rhythm again.

It is slightly funny to think back to the first one 40 years ago and how Taggart had that "i'm getting too old for this ****" vibe back then already and here we are in 2024!

This looks like it could be fun though. I hope. Usually my expectations with legacy sequels is really low but the third one was already pretty meh and all this needs to do is top that!

It is slightly funny to think back to the first one 40 years ago and how Taggart had that "i'm getting too old for this ****" vibe back then already and here we are in 2024!

What’s really scary about that is John Ashton was only 36 in 1984! Dude looked at least a decade older lol

Love that Axel is a father now in this movie and that he has a grown daughter in law enforcement all be it she isn't a cop

I’m eagerly waiting for this. I can’t say that I’m “excited” because I remember going to see part 3 in the theaters in college and feeling like it was the most disappointing experience I’d Ever had in the cinema.

Also not going to lie, I’m a little concerned about seeing Bronson Pinchot back in this. He was so hilarious in his small role in the first one. But bringing him back in the third was just stupid. Serge interacted with Foley for like 3 minutes in the first film and then they turn that into them basically being old buddies in the third. Looks like they are doing the same thing here.

I wonder since Axel has a daughter who is grown, then who is her mother? Is her mother the Theresa Randle character from Beverly Hills Cop 3?

I’m guessing that they will try to avoid too many callbacks to part 3

So Axel is still a detective? I would think all those years in the Detroit PD he would have been promoted

So Axel is still a detective? I would think all those years in the Detroit PD he would have been promoted
Not if you keep blowing s*** up
Honestly more surprised he wasn't fired
IRL, towns don't want to deal with the liability issues... shoot someone? no big deal, a judge will dismiss it... cause millions of dollars of damage annually that the city has to pay for? Yo ass is done

Actually, I’ve never met a cop who cannot tell you to the minute when their 20 years to pension is up. Axel really probably has retired and went back on the force in another role a couple of times and is bilking the Michigan state retirement system for all that it is worth by double or triple dipping into the pension program.

Or that’s at least how most cops over the age of 40 that I know do it.

Axel's boss back in Detroit Inspector Todd though...I wonder if they honor Todd in some way in this film? Or I wonder if Paul Reiser's character is now the new Todd with Axel reporting directly to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"