Big Trouble in Little China.

CyrusGrissom

Civilian
Reaction score
Awesome comedy fantasy action adventure from John Carpenter that is his most underrated movie yet! adored it since i was 5 in 1986 when i saw it in theaters in St. Louis.

Recommended!

the greatest movie ever made. It's so fun, that it's up there with True Lies of just plain fun action!

Kurt Russell is legendary in this. This is one of my faves.

One of the most quotable movies ever....Kurt Russell is great!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome stuff but I do wish to god they had done the sequel.

For me, the introduction of the 3 storms is one of the best in movie moments there is.

I also love the fact that the guy who you'd expect to be the hero (Jack) is actually the sidekick and the guy you'd actually expect to be the sidekick (Wang) is the hero; Carpenter turned our pre-conceived ideas on their heads.

Best poster I own:

china1.jpg

I prefer the sequel to be called "More Trouble in Little China"

I can't even remember if they had a sequel title in mind.

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: 'Have ya paid your dues, Jack?' 'Yessir, the check is in the mail.'"

Love this movie.

all they had to do was give jack his truck back!!!!

f**king love this movie. i grew up on it. that funeral fight scene in the alley is the coolest thing ever.

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

"Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."

Kurt Russell is just awesome.

He sure is :woot:

We need more Kurt Russell action films, YA HEAR HOLLYWOOD?!?

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

"Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president."

Kurt Russell is just awesome.

"Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe"

Jack Burton: "You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave."
Lo Pan: "Indeed!"
Jack Burton: "Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?"

I adore this film, i first saw this when i was 4 years old. I was mesmerized by it. Definitely one of the greatest films of all times. Just isn't taken seriously and thrown into the B movie category.

John Carpenter films are practically made to be "B" movies. Almost every single thing he's ever done fits that description. And almost every single thing he's ever done (particularly with Russell) is just sheer awesome.

It certainly does fall into the B movie cat. But that aside, this not only is one of the best B movies of all time, but one of the best films period. Which is my humble opinion.

Who else thought Thunder looked like a Garbage Pail Kid when he was about to explode?

Long time favorite film, I'm waiting for the inevitable Hollywood remake starring Dane Cook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"