Big Trouble in Little China remake with The Rock

Yeah, they need some crazy heads to come up with new and weird ****. They are gonna play this way too safe and mainstream. :csad:

Studios really want that 80s kid money don't they? You're next/the only one left McFly!

Last edited:
Why man? messing with classics is becoming the norm.

Why man? messing with classics is becoming the norm.

I won't be surprised with a Back to The Future remake at this rate. Ugh. I love The Rock, but I ain't giving money to this ****, especially to the writers attached.

Miller & Stentz are NOT Orci & Kurtzman. They've written some decent films.

Yeah but the original is such a love letter to Asian cinema, and I don't if today's market can handle that. It was ahead of its time back then, and it was a bomb.

It's funny how Zack Stentz & Ashley Miller are doing movies with Asian themes. First it was Lionsgate's Power Rangers movie and now the Big Trouble remake.

I can't see how the remake will be a huge hit. Sure, Dwayne Johnson is a popular guy but the remake will have to do a lot of things right in order to draw in the fans from the original.

Studios really want that 80s kid money don't they? You're next/the only one left McFly!

So it would seem. They're even creeping into the '90s now with remakes of Point Break and The Crow.

The original one is even hard to describe. I showed it to my young cousins and they all loved it b/c it so weird, and it felt so big despite being a small adventure.

The most important thing to point out is that Jack Burton was an idiot. He wasn't the true hero, and I loved that. I loved David Lo Pan's odd sense of humor. Carpenter did a great job of creating this underworld that exists but nobody knew about.

I love BIG TROUBLE....saw it a half dozen times at the theater, have the special edition DVD, posters, lobby cards.....fantasticly fun movie. It will be hard to watch a remake.

I love BIG TROUBLE....saw it a half dozen times at the theater, have the special edition DVD, posters, lobby cards.....fantasticly fun movie. It will be hard to watch a remake.

In my top ten of all time. BIG TROUBLE is nostalgia for me. One of the first films my old man showed me.

The most important thing to point out is that Jack Burton was an idiot. He wasn't the true hero, and I loved that. I loved David Lo Pan's odd sense of humor. Carpenter did a great job of creating this underworld that exists but nobody knew about.

That's one of the best things about it....you see the poster, you see the trailer, you think - Kurt Russel is the great hero with a funny little Asian sidekick......but Kurt is the bumbling loudmouth doofus and the young Asian guy is the competent hero who does things right.

Maybe The Rock gets it, and maybe he can channel the acting he did in 'Pain & Gain'. It's too early to tell.

In my top ten of all time. BIG TROUBLE is nostalgia for me. One of the first films my old man showed me.

That's funny....It was one of the last I was able to get my father to go see.

The DVD commentary by Russell and Carpenter is hilarious too.

Dear Hollywood,

Do something new for this generation, it's not a lot to ask for.

Regards,
jmc

Who will they get as the female love interest? Kim Cattrall was so hot back in the day & in the original BTILC.

Who will they get as the female love interest? Kim Cattrall was so hot back in the day & in the original BTILC.

She's not aging as gracefully as Dana Delany, but still pretty hot.

I'm looking forward to this. I love the original and I love the Rock, so I'm hoping for something good.

And regardless how this turns out, the original will always be there.

It's just the ratio of GOOD remakes are so slim. It might be good but it's such an unconventional premise that I feel it'll won't have the weirdness or charm of the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"