Comics What happened to BIG TROUBLE?

Flashman

Civilian
Reaction score
-----------------> BIG TROUBLE <----------------------------

Character created by John Carpenter and Kurt Russell.
First Appearance: UNCANNY X-MEN #207 (July 1986).
Adapted by Tiziano Caliendo.

From the MOIRA Mc TAGGERT Mutant Archive - File 6795:

Subject: BIG TROUBLE.
Alias: HENRY SWANSON.
Previous Job: TRUCK DRIVER ('The Pork-Chop Express').
Classification: MUTANT.
Affilation: X-MEN.
Joined the team in: UNCANNY X-MEN #217 (May 1987).
Physical features: WILD, MESSED-UP ELVIS-LIKE HAIR; MUSCULAR BODY.
Behaviour: PERENNIAL JOHN WAYNE IMPERSONATION; WISECRACKING; OLD-FASHIONED CONCEPTION OF SOCIAL VALUES.
Special abilities: DRIVING; ELEMENTARY DISGUISEMENT.
Costume or battle clothes: JAPANESE SHOGUN T-SHIRT; JEANS; BROWN BOOTS FEATURING HIDDEN ARRANGEMENT FOR THE KNIFE.
Weapons and equippment: MIDDLE-SIZED KNIFE; MODIFIED TECH-9; METAL WRIST CLOCK.
Regular clothes as civilian: HARLEY DAVIDSON CAP; SUNGLASSES; PONCHO OR GRUNGE-LOOKING SLEEVE; VANILLA COAT; SHOULDER BELT.
Favourite team-up: STORM; PSYLOCKE; COLOSSUS; BEAST.
Arch-enemy: DAVID LO PAN ('The Vision')
One-liner(s): "What the hell" ; "It's all in the reflexes".

Mutant powers:

(DUMB LUCK) Big Trouble can uncounsciously generate a special energetic aura able to "warp" the probability lines trepassing the fabric of the reality surrounding him, to the point each minimum negative effort he does can instantly translate into the maximum positive result. The chance warping also acts as a kind of protection, since through simple acts as to run or to be steady on a place it activates itself and works as an "answer" to either any type of external attack (bullets; weapons; lightening bolts) and incidental factor of menace.
It's not known the extent of this power, since it was never tested.

(REFLEXES) Neuronal impulses enhance his physical reactions and allow them to be perfectly tuned with the optical perception.

Acquired powers: state of self-confidence induced by the Six-Demon Bag serum (a miscela of wind and fire condensed).

wtf the dude from big trouble in little china was a mutant?!?

I loved that movie! :eek: I would have loved to see Jack Burton in X-men even if was a spoof. :D

Eklypze said:
wtf the dude from big trouble in little china was a mutant?!?

What's wrong with it? XAVIER needs new blood to pull out his dream, and JACK is the right guy at the right moment.

That's quite disappointing, BIg Trouble was one of the key-characters of the "secondary" X-Men, I'm actually surprised at the very few resonance this genius post had in the forum.

Let's not forget that Big Trouble saved Wolverine's ass in an issue!

That's shocking!

I will report it to Carpenter.

''You just stare that mean ol' sucker right back and you remember what your ol' buddy Jack Burton always says at a time like this, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack?' Yes sir, the cheque is in the mail.''

Rambo said:
''You just stare that mean ol' sucker right back and you remember what your ol' buddy Jack Burton always says at a time like this, 'Have you paid your dues, Jack?' Yes sir, the cheque is in the mail.''

Great! I forget that... it's from UNCANNY #302, one of my favourite issues. I always liked the part when BIG TROUBLE caught a Ninja sword with an hand and said: "It'all in the reflexes". That was pure gold. I don't even remember what issue displays it, maybe when he was rescuing Psylocke from the Mandarin, together with Wolverine. :marv:

Flashman said:

Dude...

Someone close this thread...or at least move it to a fanfic forum...

Oh yeah, Flashman?...what's up with the spamming?

There are two types of newbies, those who contribute to the conversation and those who spam...we know which one Flashman is...

He got killed by Razorback for being an even lamer truck-driving super-character than him.

I'm not spamming, quite frankly. Just trying to take the original post floating on the surface for those who didn't read it in the first place. What's wrong with that?

Why so much criticism for a post devoted to one of the greatest POSSIBLE X-MEN?

BIG TROUBLE is way cooler than GAMBIT, so figure it out.:marv:

What's the problem, 'Cyclops'? Are you trying to act as a true American bad-as*? Pick up a new character, then. Cyclops is an intelligent being... despite the portrait they give of him in the movies.

Exploding Boy said:
And this is not spamming?

It was a "bump" effect, that's all... in order to keep the conversation ALIVE.

You shouldnt bump a thread unless you have something to contribute, but whatever.

Exploding Boy said:
You shouldnt bump a thread unless you have something to contribute, but whatever.

Oh --- okay. I will write more about BIG TROUBLE in the future to come.

What's about that issue where he hit Sinister with a beer cup, and that caused the fall of Sinister's machinery one second before would kill Cyclops and Psylocke? That was his dumb luck, of course. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"