The Dark Knight Biggest Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Civilian
Reaction score
The biggest disappointment for me was the Joker's laughs, only like three and they were terrible, the commercial had better ones

what was your biggest disappointment?

Yeah, I was expecting a lot more laughter out of the Joker. I liked what we got, but there could've been more.

Well, I really wish there were more laughs too, and obviously, I wish he smiled a lot more.

No mention of Bruce's parents.
No sneak peak or anything for the Batcave.

The theater volume was a bit low, and the cokes are too big, i had to go to the bathroom during the movie. :(

more laughter, and i felt he needed more screen time, and the editing sucked, the takes from the trailers were better in my opinion, very few problems but i loved the hell out of this movie

Honestly I don't have too much to be disappointed with in the movie. Joker maybe could have laughed a little more, I thought he put so much in the character that he did more than just laugh the entire time. He gave me chills throughout, and made me laugh at the same time in more than a few points in the film. That's how I love Heath's Joker compared to '89. Alot more than just idiotic laughing :-)hehe:).

I hated how Pierce Brosnan didn't get enough singing parts.

Scarecrow. I loved Murphy's performance in Batman Begins but was severely disappointed with what we got in The Dark Knight. It's like he wasn't even trying. A terrible waste for one of my favorite aspects of the new series. I'm going to go see it again soon though, so maybe I'll like it better the next time around. I also thought Bale did a better job on the Batman voice in the first film. Both very small complaints to what I consider to be the perfect Bat-film and the best comic book movie yet.

oh and bales batman voice got really bad, i liked it in begins but this time it was just him slurring words together and i coulndt understand his speech at the end to the joker

the movie was great and i loved the evil laugh we heard when he first walked in the room with the mobsters

oh and bales batman voice got really bad, i liked it in begins but this time it was just him slurring words together and i coulndt understand his speech at the end to the joker

I agree.

Though I would say as a whole, this was the only Batman movie I thought lived upto the substantial hype it was given.

Not enough of the Tumbler. It was wasted on this film for the sake of the batpod.

see i never liked the deeper voice even in begins... but i understand he does it to mask his voice..
but do you know how hard it is for bale to even do that..i mean he has a pretty thick welch accent and to go from a welch accent to american to a "deep" american accent to sound intimidating.
i give him credit

MMoralN10Tion said:
Well, I really wish there were more laughs too, and obviously, I wish he smiled a lot more.

One could argue that he smiles all the time...

see i never liked the deeper voice even in begins... but i understand he does it to mask his voice..
but do you know how hard it is for bale to even do that..i mean he has a pretty thick welch accent and to go from a welch accent to american to a "deep" american accent to sound intimidating.
i give him credit
true

I thought the story was too rushed

Seriously

I hated how Pierce Brosnan didn't get enough singing parts.

i dear god i am so sick of those commercials. the one theater over here (the crappy cheap one i go to for the less exciting movies) has a 20 minute "making of" feature playing while waiting for the movie. it makes me want to kill.

as for dissappointments... the fact that it's not on blu ray yet and can't watch it at home whenever i want.

for real though, not many, i would've liked a td more green in jokers hair, and to have be a bit more clowny/playful. not to the extent of 89 or TAS (and definitely not west), but something more. he got the evil vicious **** down and he had a great laugh IMO and he was creepily fun at times, but i felt he needed a bit more, maybe a few more jokes, like the pencil trick.

one thing i was really hoping for, was that one guy harvey caught during the shooting, i was waiting for him to completely crack up and die with a nice big joker smilex smile. but alas, no.

also, whats up with scarecrow? did they really have to have that tiny scene of him getting caught? i wish they had more or left it out completely.

Murphy's lack of effort with Scarecrow and Batman's non-understandable dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"