Bioshock

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
Now I know the team behind this has a legendary reputation on the pc but seeing as I am pretty much a console only gamer, mostly due to a crappy pc, I know very little of them.

But I have read a massive 8 page preview in a UK 360 mag and I think this will be fantastic. It really seems to be the first game that has ever effectivly shown a 'dead' society/world....the screenshots I have seen have really been quite emotional, but without using anything except the scenery.

For example, there is a table with party hats on it, and a big neon sign saying 'Happy New Year, 1959'. I don't know why but that struck me as poignent and really sad, which is probably the only time the background in a game has made me have any type of emotional response (aside from 'wow this is sure pretty'). If the background alone can do that, I am expecting big things from this game.

It seems like it's going to be an amazing game, but I, for some reason, lack any excitement for it. :(

Why? :(

It sound brilliant, an underwater world (which hopefully means no ****ing sewer level for once) that is unique to any game enviroment before it. Apparently because it was supposed to be an utopia, there were no weapons, so all the weapons have been made out of modified components of other things (which is cooler than it sounds trust me).

There are several updgrades, including increased speed, and bullets that act like phemones to some of the monsters so you can distract them or fight them against other monsters, and beacons to attract security ie sentry guns (modified out of a gun welded to an office chair, again coole than it sounds).

It sounds amazing, I can't wait for it.

I'm the only one excited about this game?

You all should be ashamed to call yourself gamers

They should have made System Shock 3 instead, that's why. :down:

Phaser said:
They should have made System Shock 3 instead, that's why. :down:

When you see more of this game, you won't even remember system shock.

Horrorfan said:
When you see more of this game, you won't even remember system shock.

On the contrary, it keeps reminding of System Shock. Especially that lame title.

If it helps try not to think of it as 'they should have made... first'. I have done that a few times and it ruins your enjoyment. Just accept it for what it is, trust me, it looks BRILLIANT.

We'll see.

But dammit I still want my System Shock 3! :mad:

Phaser said:
We'll see.

But dammit I still want my System Shock 3! :mad:

Think of this as system shock 3 ;)

It just looks so unique, I know its something I'm buying day one.

X Box 360 rocks!

Horrorfan said:
Think of this as system shock 3 ;)

No matter how good this game is, it can't replace System Shock. Nothing ever will.

WhatsHisFace said:
be amazed.

Yeah, told ya so:up:

I don't know what's so great about system shock because as a non pc gamer I never played it, but this looks absoloutly amazing.:up:

System Shock 2's sound doesn't work on my computer, so I can't play it without going insane.

This looks like an awesome game! It's kind of like a futuristic Oblivion, but not as cool looking (so far anyways). I can't wait to buy it and lose myself in it, just like Oblivion. Damnit, with these new action RPG's, old school ones like BG: DA are less interesting, but still awesome.

This game is going to be great and you all know it :mad:

villejo said:
This looks like an awesome game! It's kind of like a futuristic Oblivion, but not as cool looking (so far anyways). I can't wait to buy it and lose myself in it, just like Oblivion. Damnit, with these new action RPG's, old school ones like BG: DA are less interesting, but still awesome.
I really don't think this is going to be quite as open as Oblivion, but it's sure to be non-linear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"