Birds of Prey Birds of Prey Critical Reception and Rotten Tomatoes Thread

This also bodes well for Gunn’s Suicide Squad. The GA will see Harley in a good movie and get them amped to see her again next year. Granted i wonder how big her role is gonna be in that.

My guess is pretty big. WB was already "all in" on Margot as Harley even before these reviews.

I'm pretty excited to see what Christina Hodson has in store with The Flash script.

Its a DC movie so 500 more votes. If it stays above 80 probably around 120 to be certified fresh.

Way too high, I say around 300+ similar to Shazam. It should be Certified Fresh tomorrow since it has 80+ reviews and it's RT score is over 75%

And I'll be the first to tell you that I was NOT going to give this movie a chance. Cassie being done dirty from her comic counterpart still irks me, but I'm willing to let that slide to see a good comic movie.
I still may not like it, but the odds go down when the general consensus is good, the reviews are good, the action is good, and the people that like it are just those people who don't like comic movies or action movies or being happy, in some case.

It's like when you look at those universally loved superhero films like Spider-Man 2, Dark Knight, and Into the Spider-Verse...the negative reviews are almost comical.

IMHO Cassie Cain and the Birds of Prey parts being fairly underdeveloped are its worst aspects. As a Harley Quinn movie it's good and a lot of fun.

IMO, this should've just been a solo Harley Quinn film and the Birds of Prey stuff should've been saved for another film.

Eh, the critic that gave 0/4 also wrote this recently...

LeQg6By.png

Even seeing the tweets a week ago, I was a little worried knowing they were only lifting the review embargo a few days before opening weekend, so the high percentage thus far is a pleasant surprise.

Why it's not "Certified Fresh" yet ?

Going off of RT's site, seems like it's up to the staff to make a final determination, assuming the score maintains its high number:

"A movie or TV show that reaches the requirements for Certified Fresh doesn't immediately receive the designation. Instead, it is automatically flagged for our staff's consideration. Once the team can determine that it's unlikely the score will drop below the minimum requirements, they will mark it Certified Fresh."

Going off of RT's site, seems like it's up to the staff to make a final determination, assuming the score maintains its high number:
Now it's at 88% with 100 reviews in, I don't really expect the rating to drop too much, can it go lower than 60 % ?

I doubt that, still it's odd that the staff at RT are waiting for something, lol. (Maybe they don't trust DC movies)

Now it's at 88% with 100 reviews in, I don't really expect the rating to drop too much, can it go lower than 60 % ?

I doubt that, still it's odd that the staff at RT are waiting for something, lol. (Maybe they don't trust DC movies)
I said earlier that DC needs 500 reviews. Was Joker considered certified fresh?

Im expecting it to stay in the 80s

For reference, Shazam! is currently fresh at 90 percent with 390 reviews. I wasn't paying attention to its score when it first came out, so no idea if it dipped higher or lower than that at the beginning.

I said earlier that DC needs 500 reviews.
But initially, you were responding to a question about “critical consensus.” “Critical consensus” (so labeled) is just the blurb that RT puts under the scores. If there are no reviews (or only a small handful) then “no consensus yet.”

“Certified Fresh” is an entirely different designation.

Does it remain that way, though? Because I know for a slight moment, again, Joker was fresh, but lost it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"