Birds of Prey Birds of Prey Critical Reception and Rotten Tomatoes Thread

92% with 49 reviews in. Wow!

How many reviews are needed to get a Critical Consensus ?

1. Glad the reviews are great! Seeing it with the wife this Saturday

How many reviews are needed to get a Critical Consensus ?
There already is

"With a fresh perspective, some new friends, and loads of fast-paced action, Birds of Prey captures the colorfully anarchic spirit of Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn."

Well s*** color me surprised guys. I wouldve bet all the chips this would be divisive. Seems like the trailers really arent doing this movie justice. Couldnt be happier to be wrong.

This movie is turning out to be everything Charlie's Angels wished/thought it was.

Grace Randolph has submitted one salty review but rated it fresh.

I do think she has some legit sources and i appreciate when someone tries to elaborate on their opinions even if i dont agree. That said, she seemed to be against this film from day one.

Once again, she's trying to hop on the hate train at the same time as the "whatevers popular train". One of the worst contrarians I've ever seen.

Just wow at these reviews man. I was not expecting these kinds of raves, but it's definitely another win for Warner Bros/DC at least critically as of right now. With all the awards and praise Joker has been receiving it's great to see them being able to continue that streak.

Definitely wasn’t expecting such glowing reviews. I personally found the trailers and commercials I’ve seen underwhelming, but nice to see DC continue being on a roll lately

Is there a user review thread yet? Would like to hear your guys’ thoughts on the movie.

They have found their stride and have been trending upwards every since Walter Hamada took over DC Films.

I always judge a movie by its worst reviews...and when the movie reviews are filled with the *****e-tastic condescension I see in the negative reviews for Harley, that makes me WANT to see it. The complaints come across like elitist snobbishness...so I may have to see it, now.

Congrats to DC for another critical winner!

I always judge a movie by its worst reviews...and when the movie reviews are filled with the *****e-tastic condescension I see in the negative reviews for Harley, that makes me WANT to see it. The complaints come across like elitist snobbishness...so I may have to see it, now.

Congrats to DC for another critical winner!

Mick LaSalle's review is particularly harsh. I hesitate to say unfair as I haven't seen the film myself, but in comparison to the general positive marks that his peers are giving Birds of Prey, his review seems extreme.

This also bodes well for Gunn’s Suicide Squad. The GA will see Harley in a good movie and get them amped to see her again next year. Granted i wonder how big her role is gonna be in that.

Last edited:
Mick LaSalle's review is particularly harsh. I hesitate to say unfair as I haven't seen the film myself, but in comparison to the general positive marks that his peers are giving Birds of Prey, his review seems extreme.

And I'll be the first to tell you that I was NOT going to give this movie a chance. Cassie being done dirty from her comic counterpart still irks me, but I'm willing to let that slide to see a good comic movie.
I still may not like it, but the odds go down when the general consensus is good, the reviews are good, the action is good, and the people that like it are just those people who don't like comic movies or action movies or being happy, in some case.

It's like when you look at those universally loved superhero films like Spider-Man 2, Dark Knight, and Into the Spider-Verse...the negative reviews are almost comical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"