The Avengers Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

watched it like .... 3 times now... im in love with movies again :D

okay so sadly the bit i missed since im in bangladesh was the 2nd post credit scene. but i guess i knw abt it pretty much. i couldnt hear what Loki was telling Romanov during their "interrogation." She asks him to spare Burton, loki laughs at her for wanting to save one guy while he's out to destory the world -- but what was Romanov offering in exchange? or was it NOT qud pro quo? Also, what did Loki say that made her go "you monster" and he says "no you're the monsters" ?

audio was terrible :( (yes even after three times, this was the bit that i cudnt get).
She wasn't promising him anything...so NOT quid pro quo.

Here's the dialogue as I have it between Loki & Widow for the parts you're wondering about (I may have a word or two wrong, so apologies in advance if I do - and also apologies for bad punctuation)

Loki: And what will you do if I vow to spare him?

Widow: Not let you out...

Loki: Ah no, but I like this! Your world in the balance and you bargain for one man?

Widow: Regimes fall every day. I tend to not weep over that, I'm Russian...or I was.

Loki: And what are you now?

Widow: [Widow stands] It's really not that complicated, I got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out.

Loki: Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter? San Paulo? The hospital fire? Barton told me everything. [Loki stands up, his voice takes on a darker tone] Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything?! This is the basest sentimentality! This is a child at prayer, pathetic! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors, but they are a part of you, and they will never go away. [Slams his fist against the cage] I won't touch Barton, not until I make him kill you. Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear, and then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain you mewling quim.

Widow: You're a monster.

Loki: [Chuckles] Oh no, you brought the monster.

Hope that helps, so it's mainly that last large chunk of dialogue that she's talking about when she calls him a monster (and despite what she says later, I do believe he rattled her with his words)

You're not deaf, they didn't say it. I just assumed Odin already knew about the Chitauri before sending Thor to Earth, and he just didn't know who they were serving.

Was it established that the Avengers had some sort of communications technology that allowed them to communicate from very far away? It looked like the we're doing it telepathically, and nobody seemed to have a Bluetooth type thing in their ear.

might be way too late for the party here but i'll still ask away.:oldrazz:

when stark asks banner how he relaxes, did he say "a bag of weed" as the last option?

might be way too late for the party here but i'll still ask away.:oldrazz:

when stark asks banner how he relaxes, did he say "a bag of weed" as the last option?
Yes, he said bag of weed, hence the 'mild drug reference' warning for the PG-13 rating

(side note I am now in the theater waiting for viewing #4 to start :p )

Yes, he said bag of weed, hence the 'mild drug reference' warning for the PG-13 rating

(side note I am now in the theater waiting for viewing #4 to start :p )

thanks buddy.

i bet that line was one of robert downey jr's adlibs. good on marvel for putting it in the final cut. :woot:

3 times in the theater is enough for me. i will patiently wait for the blu ray so i could watch it every week. :hehe:

thanks buddy.

i bet that line was one of robert downey jr's adlibs. good on marvel for putting it in the final cut. :woot:

3 times in the theater is enough for me. i will patiently wait for the blu ray so i could watch it every week. :hehe:
My personal 'in theater' record stands at 12, don't know if I'll get that many times in with this, but I do know I have at least one additional viewing locked for beginning of June since my sister wants to see it with us after she moves home.

It wasn't until my second viewing that I realize that when Hawkeye was under Loki's control he wasn't using his mechanized quiver.

My personal 'in theater' record stands at 12, don't know if I'll get that many times in with this, but I do know I have at least one additional viewing locked for beginning of June since my sister wants to see it with us after she moves home.

12? and what movie was that? my record is 8 times with The Dark Knight.

Phantom of the Opera (the one with Gerard Butler)... what can I say, I've been a Phan since I was about 8 that had to rely on touring productions of the musical to get my visual fix til the movie came out. While the movie wasn't as good as the stage version, it was nice to see it on the big screen as many times as i wanted.

Anywho... back from my 4th viewing. Haven't gotten tired of it yet, tried to pay more attention to characters when they were in the background/not the focus of the scene since sometimes you can notice interesting things (hard when Loki was on screen *lol*). Like after Coulson has told Thor about Jane, while Thor is talking, I don't know, there's just this look of respect that Coulson has for Thor. Found it interesting. (I'm also now curious to know what Coulson's middle initial of, I believe "J" -- according to his badge -- stands for).

Nice, mine is TDK with 7 theatre viewings as well.

I just saw Avengers for the third time this morning (place was still packed full) and finally got to hear Hulk say "Puny God" people still laughed at the scene, but they calmed down in time enough for me to hear the voice. Also that whimper Loki lets out as well.

I missed some of the dialog between Loki and the Black Widow. How did she know that Loki's plan was to manipulate the Hulk?

I missed some of the dialog between Loki and the Black Widow. How did she know that Loki's plan was to manipulate the Hulk?
It's actually just a single line of dialogue that causes her to work it out. She calls him a monster after everything he said to her (refer to my post a couple posts up) and he responds with "Oh no, you brought the monster." - well, she herself only brought one person on board the carrier, Banner. From that, and using what she already knew of Loki, she simply managed to work out that he probably intended to unleash the Hulk.

There were a few jokes that almost passed me by, like the Galaga reference (I had no idea what it was until I actually saw the agent playing a game). I also thought the Cap & 10 dollars thing was supposed to be an outdated way of him tipping the black for some reason, until I remembered the bet earlier. The humour in this thing is just fantastic, definitely reminded me of some hilarious moments in Firefly and Serenity.

When BW learns that Loki wants to release the Hulk, she assk that Thor comes to Banner's lab. Can't belive i missed that.

He said "That man is playing Galaga!" referring to a SHIELD agent playing the video game on his monitor.

As much as i like that line, i would have preferred if they had used a game that pretty much everyone knows like Super Mario Bros, etc. Most of the ppl in the movie theater didn't get it the 3 times i saw it.

What are the lines that Tony is telling Rogers on the jet after they pick up Loki?

Something about Calisthenics and him missing time for being a capsicle.

What are the lines that Tony is telling Rogers on the jet after they pick up Loki?

Something about Calisthenics and him missing time for being a capsicle.

Hope this helps:
Cap: I don't like it.

Stark: What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?

Cap: I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop

Stark: Well, still, you're pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing, pillates?

Cap: What?

Stark: It's like calisthenics, you might've missed a couple things doing time as a Capscicle.

Cap: Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in?

Stark: Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you.

[Quinjet surrounded by thunder/lightening]

They could've had just a few lines extra there about Cap knowing Tony's father. Just a few seconds would've made a difference. It didn't even need to be a full conversation, as they could've been interrupted by Thor.

Loki letting out a wimper after he was smashed by Hulk and Tony wiping sweat from his forehead after standing toe to toe with Rogers after their intense talk on who Tony is.

What I loved about that is nobody has ever gone toe to toe with Tony and actually made him sweat. He looked shaken almost. And Steve isn't even the bad guy.

Loki letting out a wimper after he was smashed by Hulk and Tony wiping sweat from his forehead after standing toe to toe with Rogers after their intense talk on who Tony is.

What I loved about that is nobody has ever gone toe to toe with Tony and actually made him sweat. He looked shaken almost. And Steve isn't even the bad guy.
It could just be me, but I took that to possibly be more a result of Loki influencing/nudging the tension between them up a couple levels in the entire room, than of him actually being shaken by going toe to toe with Steve (it reminded me a bit of when Loki walks by the lab on his way to being taken to the detention cell, Bruce takes off his glasses and pinches the bridge of his nose like he's developed a sudden headache).

If that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"