DC Films Black Adam (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SV really showed its ass during that special.

I'm glad they went with red hair for Cyclone.

I really like what I’m seeing from BA, Hawkman and especially Fate. I’m a bit iffy on Atom Smasher and Cyclone, simply because their costumes don’t look as good. So we know who the villain in this film is yet?

I’m sure he’ll fight the JSA but you know they’ll ultimately team up to take on some greater threat.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that the JSA get done right by the movie. I like Black Adam as a character, too, but given the choice between the two, I pick JSA. . . especially since the JSA have been done dirty in almost every adaptation to date. When Stargirl and "The JSA got pretty much wiped out by the villains a generation ago" is on the *good* end. . .

FSl1jekWYAUcH8_

Gotta be honest, trailer didn't wow me. I have been pretty curious for this movie. The DC movies have been getting better as a whole, and I like Black Adam. But....meh. Looks fairly generic.

Very underwhelming trailer. Not sure if it's the confusing tone which looks both dark but humorous--could be the color palette--or the lack of "wow" factor to virtually anything. Nevertheless, I'll still see this in theaters as the character is interesting and I'm curious how they handle the Justice Society of America.

Well, this looks quite average and generic.

I expected it to look much better based on the initial first look with the lightning, yet it somehow looks like it borrowed from Black Panther, Iron Man and other CBM's in a very cheap way.

The ugly orange color pallete, sets and the jokes don't help either.

Overall, this certainly was one of the trailers ever released :D

Last edited:
Yeah. I’d much prefer BA as an outright villain. And the political leader of Kahndaq.

I enjoyed the trailer and have been really looking forward to this one. The thing I didn’t like in the trailer was the music choice. I think the next trailer will be much better though.

So , does this film take place in the main DC universe, i.e. The MOS, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman, universe, or is this another film which is sorta it in it's own world?

Looks generic. Flyers that look like Chitauri. Black Adam flying next to a couple of fighter jets like the first Iron Man. The only interesting thing in this is the JLA

It was underwhelming for me too. And the effects and cinematography feel very low quality. It could have easily been an HBO Max exclusive.

Looked cheap, unoriginal, and quite frankly boring.

But it's got the Rock, so I'm in.

Looks generic. Flyers that look like Chitauri. Black Adam flying next to a couple of fighter jets like the first Iron Man. The only interesting thing in this is the JLA
There's always going to be comparisons. Now you have Dr Fate as opposed to Dr Strange who has appeared across 5 movies so far. Atom Smasher as opposed to Ant-Man who's appeared also across 5 movies. That's the nature of having cbm across different companies.

Gotta be honest, trailer didn't wow me. I have been pretty curious for this movie. The DC movies have been getting better as a whole, and I like Black Adam. But....meh. Looks fairly generic.

Same. Just nothing new here.

The other thing is The Rock has become a franchise in and of himself - so it's like watching him with a BA costume on rather than the character being brought to life on screen. I dunno, kind of distracting for some reason.

Last edited:
I'm interested but it's funny how the vibe of the trailer is similar to Black Panther's trailer.

The tepid reactions to this probably speak just as much to the apathy with the ongoing churn of factory line superhero movies, as it does to the specifics of this project.

It's been really bad lately and I don't see it getting any better.

Yeah.
My reaction was just , " Its Okay ".

Yeah, like I think if this very same trailer came out in 2012, we'd all be reacting differently. But 10 years later we've seen this already many times before. But I will watch anything with Dwayne and I'm actually a fan of the director, he's done a lot of Liam Neeson movies that are shot well and have solid action in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"