DC Films Black Adam (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointingly generic to me also. I'm sure it will be action-packed and have great effects, but unfortunately it seems to be just what I feared it might be - the Rock playing (again) the Rock in a Black Adam suit.

He may not be able to inhabit a character the way a more talented actor might, but if they'd at least given him the ears and widow's peak he would look a little bit different from every other film he's in (bar clothing). But his look, the line delivery, the accent ........... seen it all before.

Let's hope it surprises us.

Yeah, that trailer was definitely underwhelming, but I'm still looking forward to this movie. I actually really like the color palette because at least it doesn't look like another dull, gray MCU flick.

I get what you guys are saying though, but what really bothered me in this trailer was the tone and the music but the tone more so because the jokes just felt forced IMO.

Hopefully, The Rock brings more range to the role as well, but I'm not going to lie I'm probably more excited about Pierce being in this as Dr. Fate more than anything else and he looks great so far.

Yeah, that trailer was definitely underwhelming, but I'm still looking forward to this movie. I actually really like the color palette because at least it doesn't look like another dull, gray MCU flick.

I get what you guys are saying though, but what really bothered me in this trailer was the tone and the music but the tone more so because the jokes just felt forced IMO.

Hopefully, The Rock brings more range to the role as well, but I'm not going to lie I'm probably more excited about Pierce being in this as Dr. Fate more than anything else and he looks great so far.

Oh, no! I’m still looking forward to the film, and hoping the next trailer is better.

I’m expecting Hawkman and Dr. Fate to steal the show, though!

Yeah, like I think if this very same trailer came out in 2012, we'd all be reacting differently. But 10 years later we've seen this already many times before. But I will watch anything with Dwayne and I'm actually a fan of the director, he's done a lot of Liam Neeson movies that are shot well and have solid action in them.
I am a pretty big fan of Unknown.

There's always going to be comparisons. Now you have Dr Fate as opposed to Dr Strange who has appeared across 5 movies so far. Atom Smasher as opposed to Ant-Man who's appeared also across 5 movies. That's the nature of having cbm across different companies.
I’m not comparing characters. I’m comparing shots that literally look like it’s from other films.

I’m not comparing characters. I’m comparing shots that literally look like it’s from other films.
But with specific similar characters, you almost inevitably will have similar shots.

lol at the pilot who ejected from the plane as soon as BA took it down. amazing reflexes!

This trailer was a bit of a slog to get through...

I'm sure it will be...fine.

The choice of music in the trailer sucked, very generic and unappealing

The visuals looked great and I get the feeling Pierce Brosnan is gonna steal the movie as Dr. Fate

Yeesh, that yellow filter is hideous.

blackadam-2.jpg

via @mikeposters (IG)

Meh. Looks like just another generic CBM so far...

Really looking forward to finally seeing the JSA on the big screen though. I hope BA is the gateway for plenty more JSA in the future...

Meh. Looks like just another generic CBM so far...

Really looking forward to finally seeing the JSA on the big screen though. I hope BA is the gateway for plenty more JSA in the future...

JSA looked cool, but left me wanting. Doctor Fate's magical effects looked like the mirrorverse. Hawkman looked like Falcon/Vulture -- really wish his wingers were more feathered rather than armored.

To be honest, I like the Rock a lot. The man's one of the only true movie stars left (i.e. his name can sell a movie, not an IP he's attached to). You can't get me to say anything bad about Rampage lol. So if this has that level of popcorn cheese / blockbuster fun, then I'm game. It just could have been so much more. Maybe it will be...

JSA looked cool, but left me wanting. Doctor Fate's magical effects looked like the mirrorverse. Hawkman looked like Falcon/Vulture -- really wish his wingers were more feathered rather than armored.

To be honest, I like the Rock a lot. The man's one of the only true movie stars left (i.e. his name can sell a movie, not an IP he's attached to). You can't get me to say anything bad about Rampage lol. So if this has that level of popcorn cheese / blockbuster fun, then I'm game. It just could have been so much more. Maybe it will be...

Agree on all counts. And to set the record straight, I've got nothing against Johnson. He's definitely lots of fun in the right role...

Having said that, I've never bought into this idea that he's a commercial juggernaut on his own. Look at the box office for films that he headlines by himself, like Rampage, Skyscraper, and San Andreas. Then check out the returns on films where he's part of an ensemble, like Fast & Furious and Jumanji. Big difference...

I'm not trying to argue that he's not a huge star or that he's not phenomenally successful, because obviously he is. I just don't think his presence alone is enough to save a mediocre film, which is what Black Adam looks like so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"