Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2020

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Many stores started their sales online early to dissuade crowds in the stores, some stores decided to be closed Thanksgiving (yay!), and others are posting their sales now.

What did you pick up? Share your wares/hauls here!

Threads of Yesteryear:
Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019
Black Friday 2018
Black Friday 2017
Black Friday thread: Shop Like a Beast! (2015)

Black Friday (2010)
2007 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Thread

The day after thanksgiving, Aka the black friday thread

I'm buying my mom an 85" TV from Best Buy and having it mounted on her wall. She loves movies and her series and so forth. She's elderly, can't really go to the movies anymore, and has a hard time reading some of the words on her current TV. It'll cost me a bit, but I'd like her to enjoy what time she has left as much as possible. She has an office where she makes her own covers for her DVDs, puts her movies and so forth in them, has them alphabetized in some shelves I built for her, has a spreadsheet that tracks what she has, and has written her own reviews for everything (some of them are pretty damn funny....she prolly should have been a movie critic, but, like me, she likes pretty much everything okay). Anyway, her hobbies all revolve around watching TV so I figured WTF.

I'm buying my mom an 85" TV from Best Buy and having it mounted on her wall. She loves movies and her series and so forth. She's elderly, can't really go to the movies anymore, and has a hard time reading some of the words on her current TV. It'll cost me a bit, but I'd like her to enjoy what time she has left as much as possible. She has an office where she makes her own covers for her DVDs, puts her movies and so forth in them, has them alphabetized in some shelves I built for her, has a spreadsheet that tracks what she has, and has written her own reviews for everything (some of them are pretty damn funny....she prolly should have been a movie critic, but, like me, she likes pretty much everything okay). Anyway, her hobbies all revolve around watching TV so I figured WTF.
That’s a pretty awesome gift! :up:

A little off subject, but I never understood why kids got presents on their birthdays instead of the moms. They're the ones who did the heavy lifting.

i want to hang out with your mom!

This was my Amazon Black Friday Haul:

Amazon
Bombshell (Slip) - 5.99
Breakthrough - 5.99
Cats - 7.96
Clueless (slip) - 6.99
The Dark Knight 4K - 9.99
Doctor Sleep (slip) - $4
The Gentlemen 4K (slip) - 9.99
Nobody's Fool - 6.99
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 7.99
Reign of the Supermen - 4.40
Playing with Fire 7.99
Westworld S3 - 12.96
What Men Want - 6.51

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty Vinyl - 19.79
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park Vinyl - 18.59
Sam Hunt - Montevallo Vinyl - free

the vinyl was free with the Buy 2, Get 1 Free promo they ran. and i probably only paid half the total out of pocket due to AMZ credit and Gift Cards
i also bought some mascara, serving spoons etc but nobody cares about that lol

i want to hang out with your mom!

She's pretty funny, but her language would cause a marine drill sergeant to blush.

I remember some time ago, we were watching a baseball game with some friends of hers. The guy at bat hit a foul tip that hit home plate, bounced up and caught the catcher in exactly the wrong spot. He was acting as you would expect; flat on the ground and in obvious discomfort (to put it mildly). My mom's friend, a very kind woman, said "Oh that poor man". My mom's response was "I'll bet his wife just had a heart attack". Plenty more of those stories.

Sales were horrible this year, didn't buy anything.

This was my Amazon Black Friday Haul:

Amazon
Bombshell (Slip) - 5.99
Breakthrough - 5.99
Cats - 7.96
Clueless (slip) - 6.99
The Dark Knight 4K - 9.99
Doctor Sleep (slip) - $4
The Gentlemen 4K (slip) - 9.99
Nobody's Fool - 6.99
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - 7.99
Reign of the Supermen - 4.40
Playing with Fire 7.99
Westworld S3 - 12.96
What Men Want - 6.51

Carrie Underwood - Cry Pretty Vinyl - 19.79
Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer, Different Park Vinyl - 18.59
Sam Hunt - Montevallo Vinyl - free

the vinyl was free with the Buy 2, Get 1 Free promo they ran. and i probably only paid half the total out of pocket due to AMZ credit and Gift Cards
i also bought some mascara, serving spoons etc but nobody cares about that lol

I think I’ll get some 4K movies and a 4K player. I spent a bunch to buy an 86 inch TV for home so I might as well get some benefit. The 4K content from my cable company sucks. Any ideas out there for more 4K content?

The only Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping I did was get Ghost of Tsushima on sale for $40 at Target.

I think I’ll get some 4K movies and a 4K player. I spent a bunch to buy an 86 inch TV for home so I might as well get some benefit. The 4K content from my cable company sucks. Any ideas out there for more 4K content?

depends on what you're into. i recommend the reviews on blu-ray.com as they generally encompass audio and visual comparisons to regular blu. many times they have screenshots as well. and they have forums where you'll find a few Hypesters out there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"