Wal-Mart and Black Friday

If we hear another trampling tragedy this year there should be a national ban on Black Friday in this country.

A prefect example of the greed and not caring of the human race. Anyway about wal-mart letting people pick their stuff out at anytime but having to wait till 5 before the sale starts will stop rampages into the store but I believe this will only increase the # of fights over items at the store. People will be saying foul at the number of people who grab their goods 2 hours early and will want to fight over it.

The bolded is exactly why I hate everything about Black Friday, and see the shopping population as scum.

I'm not one of those cynics that thinks the human race is inherently evil, stupid, and all that jazz, and we'd be better off without them. But there are certain mentalities within this species that are absolutely pathetic, and the "Black Friday" mentality disgusts me to no end.

The mentality that says that saving 30% off of an item is more important than treating your fellow man with decency and respect. The mentality that says that somebody dying is worth getting a cheap TV for.

If we hear another trampling tragedy this year there should be a national ban on Black Friday in this country.

There should be a ban on Black Friday period.

There is nothing good that comes out of Black Friday.

ok so the sales that will be instore for stores, will they be online as well? i only want one thing, and its from target. i'm working 6am-noon black friday so i am not trying to go all the way to target to fight people for it

ok so the sales that will be instore for stores, will they be online as well? i only want one thing, and its from target. i'm working 6am-noon black friday so i am not trying to go all the way to target to fight people for it

then look for Cyber Monday, its the Monday after Black Friday
http://www.cybermonday.com/

Home depot is safe I went there for 3 years now. no problems great deals.

The bolded is exactly why I hate everything about Black Friday, and see the shopping population as scum.

I'm not one of those cynics that thinks the human race is inherently evil, stupid, and all that jazz, and we'd be better off without them. But there are certain mentalities within this species that are absolutely pathetic, and the "Black Friday" mentality disgusts me to no end.

The mentality that says that saving 30% off of an item is more important than treating your fellow man with decency and respect. The mentality that says that somebody dying is worth getting a cheap TV for.

That's a little dramatic, don't you think? Black Friday has been around for years, with thousands of stores opening early with thousands more attending without incident, and you're basing this off a handful of events that you've seen on the news?

The bad things that have happened were due to bad crowd control - like C. Lee said, the same thing happened at a Who concert in the 70s. Similar things have happened at sporting events and just about anything else which attracts a big crowd.

I know lots of people who do Black Friday every year and they actually have fun. To my knowledge no one has ever been trampled, nor have they trampled anyone. My cousin did it last year because their dryer broke that week and they took advantage of the sales to get a new one.

I'm actually going to Toys R Us this year for Black Friday with my mom and sister - I have 7 kids (4 nephews and 3 friend's kids) to shop for, and they have some great sales going on that day. It should make shopping a bit easier this year.

That's a little dramatic, don't you think? Black Friday has been around for years, with thousands of stores opening early with thousands more attending without incident, and you're basing this off a handful of events that you've seen on the news?

The bad things that have happened were due to bad crowd control - like C. Lee said, the same thing happened at a Who concert in the 70s. Similar things have happened at sporting events and just about anything else which attracts a big crowd.

I know lots of people who do Black Friday every year and they actually have fun. To my knowledge no one has ever been trampled, nor have they trampled anyone. My cousin did it last year because their dryer broke that week and they took advantage of the sales to get a new one.

I'm actually going to Toys R Us this year for Black Friday with my mom and sister - I have 7 kids (4 nephews and 3 friend's kids) to shop for, and they have some great sales going on that day. It should make shopping a bit easier this year.

No I'm not basing it off of what I see on TV, I'm basing it off of working Black Friday in retail for years, and constantly being talked down to, disrespected, and overall treated like garbage because of the shopping communities general sense of entitlement over a sale.

No I'm not basing it off of what I see on TV, I'm basing it off of working Black Friday in retail for years, and constantly being talked down to, disrespected, and overall treated like garbage because of the shopping communities general sense of entitlement over a sale.

I've worked Black Friday too, and as much as I've hated it, I haven't had the same experience. People were obnoxious anytime we had a sale, the only thing that was different about Black Friday was that it was more crowded.

You have massive sales for a limited time, expect some craziness. Not everyone is sane that goes to these things. Get more security, make sure there are more workers on the floor than usual, etc.

You have massive sales for a limited time, expect some craziness. Not everyone is sane that goes to these things. Get more security, make sure there are more workers on the floor than usual, etc.

Exactly. If you're selling video games for next to nothing and blu-ray players for $50 or whatever they're doing this year...make sure to be prepared for the crowds.

I worked at the mall years ago, we started having meetings about Black Friday/Christmas season in August just to start getting ready.

I wish a ***** would try and trample me when I walk in the store. I'll take one of those hangars and stab the **** out you.

I've worked Black Friday too, and as much as I've hated it, I haven't had the same experience. People were obnoxious anytime we had a sale, the only thing that was different about Black Friday was that it was more crowded.

Then bless you for having a more positive experience.

My many experiences working Black Fridays have been nothing but absolute hell.

Not to change the subject on Black Friday... but have any of you been in a walmart past 1AM? Theirs some scary people that shop that late I tell you what :ninja:

We went to a midnight movie, and went to walmart afterwords to get some stuff, and yeah. Pretty freaky place.

I never go to these big sale things. I'd rather not get hurt/robbed/killed over a good deal. :D

have any of you been in a walmart past 1AM? Theirs some scary people that shop that late I tell you what

The few times that I've done it was pretty empty. :huh: I'm more of a Target person but my experience with Wal-Mart is that it's pretty empty in the after hours and in the morning. It's packed during the afternoon and evening. Then again, I'd imagine during the holiday season it's probably packed 24/7. I tend to avoid Wal-Mart during the holidays. The one time I went to Wal-Mart during the holiday season it was pretty crazy. Luckily I avoided the masses since I wasn't shopping for anything electronic. I had already bought those type of gifts at Target and Best Buy. Yet, it literally took me 30 minutes to leave the parking lot. :csad:

Wow, those videos are really depressing. I do shop on black friday, but I got for deals on things I collect, and dVDs. I don't storm the damn stores out for blood like these stupid people.

I wonder what the prices will be like at the Apple Store on Black Friday?

all i want is a Western Digital 1 TB External Hard Drive from Target, which is supposed to be on sale for only 69 bucks. so someone who will be going to Target, pick me up one :)

I have to work that day, wish me luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"