Black Lightning Black Lightning with the Arrowverse

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
It seems somewhat inevitable that this'll happen at some point down the road, but the two big questions are when, and how. When you've got characters like the Green Arrow, the Flash and Supergirl, what can a character like Black Lightning bring to the table?

Of the current CW DC shows, I'd say Black Lightning shares more with Arrow (and maybe Batwoman) in terms of theme and atmosphere than it does compared to the Flash, Supergirl and/or the Legends, simply because it's a more serious and darker show, so should there be a meet between Jefferson Pierce and Oliver Queen to kick things off, or should we have a similar scene to how Barry met Kara?

The Crisis event would seem the opportune … opportunity to throw this final show into the Arrowverse multiverse, because the event literally involves the entire multiverse (or at least, it should do) but is it the right time? Could the Black Lightning character offer anything to the other heroes at this time, and with the looming threat?

The big issue is that Black Lightning films in Atlanta, which makes crossovers extra difficult. I would not expect them to be integrated, especially given the distance from other Berlanti productions.

I expect Black Lightning to be its own thing for a few years and one of the showrunners already said they don't see BL having a crossover with one of the Arrowverse shows.

The big issue is that Black Lightning films in Atlanta, which makes crossovers extra difficult. I would not expect them to be integrated, especially given the distance from other Berlanti productions.
One of the earlier episodes of Supergirl (which, at the time, was filmed in a different place to Flash) had the Barry Allen / the Flash in it; IIRC, Gustin travelled for the crossover. The same could be asked of several members of the other shows if the need came about.

I expect Black Lightning to be its own thing for a few years and one of the showrunners already said they don't see BL having a crossover with one of the Arrowverse shows.
Again, pretty sure this was once said of Supergirl (that there were no plans for a crossover) and that changed fairly quickly.

I get that the showrunners don't want to explore the CW multiverse just yet, as I'm sure they feel as though they have their own story to tell, but if there's one scenario by where all of these shows could (and should) link up, it would be this Crisis event. Even if they don't want Pierce on the other shows, they should acknowledge somehow that the show is linked in; even if it's a scene like we've had with the Flash (whilst in the speedforce) seeing other Earths etc.

Grant was able to travel. Not the whole cast. Similar to who only Amell, Gustin, and Benoist traveled to Chicago for Elseworlds, not the whole cast that were in the episode. You can't just shut down production of Black Lightning by shipping the cast cross country.

Even in the normal crossovers, you can tell when they are filming them, as the secondary cast gets episodes focusing on them.

And what changed quickly for Supergirl was the move to Vancouver, with the other shows.

Grant was able to travel. Not the whole cast. Similar to who only Amell, Gustin, and Benoist traveled to Chicago for Elseworlds, not the whole cast that were in the episode. You can't just shut down production of Black Lightning by shipping the cast cross country.

Even in the normal crossovers, you can tell when they are filming them, as the secondary cast gets episodes focusing on them.

And what changed quickly for Supergirl was the move to Vancouver, with the other shows.
I'm not remotely suggesting that the entire cast from one show be moved to another state. I'm suggesting that the lead actor from one show travel to guest star in the other show(s). They don't necessarily need to do it in season either, they could do it out of normal filming hours and then simply edit it in for when they want to put the episode together.

I'm not remotely suggesting that the entire cast from one show be moved to another state. I'm suggesting that the lead actor from one show travel to guest star in the other show(s). They don't necessarily need to do it in season either, they could do it out of normal filming hours and then simply edit it in for when they want to put the episode together.
Agreed they do need to cross him on one of the other shows.

im starting to watch this i would love to see a crossover with the Arrowverse, or at least with whom they can, so far it's been awesome

I've just finished the season 1 box set (haven't seen season 2 yet). The tone of BL is so different to The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. I would have said that a crossover with Arrow might work best (not saying that I want one) but that show's finishing. Maybe Batwoman?

Now that they paired up Black Lightening with All American on Monday nights, maybe they can have a crossover episode with eachother. lol

For me, Black Lightning fits in with the DC Universe streaming service than the CW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"