Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Priest be involve helping screen writing the movie?

I wish he were, but he said that he didn't know they were making a movie, and that he hasn't been consulted about it. Here's the link.

http://lamerciepark.com/

That doesn't mean that the movie can't be good, but I think that Priest got the character more than any other writer has in the history of Black Panther. There is a lot of time in between when they start filming T'Challa's debut, so maybe they'll call him up some time in between then.

Maybe related, maybe not: but LL Cool J tweeted that he's hyped about being in an upcoming Marvel movie. The Internets instantly assumed he was talking Luke Cage, but he followed up his tweet by reaffirming that he's talking about a movie, not a TV show.

Bearing in mind that "Marvel movie" =/= "Marvel Studios movie" (it could be an X-Men or Spider-verse movie), I started wondering about LL Cool J as Erik Killmonger. Thoughts?

10704035_10152800580270539_1834641790905900215_n.jpg

I thought "oh a bighuge chart of all the superhero films so far" and then I realized THIS IS EVERYTHING THAT HASN'T COME OUT YET!!!

That's insane.

This hopefully will have a murder's row of black talent involved across the board. Panther's sister, the Queen Mother, his uncle, M'baku, Killmonger ect. There are a lot of important roles to fill.

I know, they better get Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje or Chiwetel Ejiofor in there somewhere or both.

I know, they better get Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje or Chiwetel Ejiofor in there somewhere or both.

Marvel won't do that because he was in Thor: The Dark World.

I take it from this restrained post that you'd prefer the latter when it comes to Shuri?

If it gives another black woman an opportunity to be in the MCU, then yes and only if the actress that plays her will be in multiple movies.

Should Priest be involve helping screen writing the movie?

Yes.
Have him add a touch of Kirby and McGregor as well.
Little to no Hudlin.

Unfortunately it is clear Hudlin is sticking around this project like a bad smell, probably just photo bombed Russo and stuck his ****** trade in his hand.

IN THE TRASH IT GOES!

Yes.
Have him add a touch of Kirby and McGregor as well.
Little to no Hudlin.

Unfortunately it is clear Hudlin is sticking around this project like a bad smell, probably just photo bombed Russo and stuck his ****** trade in his hand.

IN THE TRASH IT GOES!

Okay then...

Maybe related, maybe not: but LL Cool J tweeted that he's hyped about being in an upcoming Marvel movie. The Internets instantly assumed he was talking Luke Cage, but he followed up his tweet by reaffirming that he's talking about a movie, not a TV show.

Bearing in mind that "Marvel movie" =/= "Marvel Studios movie" (it could be an X-Men or Spider-verse movie), I started wondering about LL Cool J as Erik Killmonger. Thoughts?

I saw that. I have no idea who he could be playing though

Calling it now LL Cool J is going to be Cottonmouth or Bushmaster.

I hope this is actually filmed in Africa with lots of African actors. After all it is a bit pointless to say hey Black Panther diversity, but then just cast Americans for all the big roles.

I hope this is actually filmed in Africa with lots of African actors. After all it is a bit pointless to say hey Black Panther diversity, but then just cast Americans for all the big roles.
Eh, with the whole Ebola thing I doubt many Hollywood productions will be venturing to Africa for a while.

Eh, with the whole Ebola thing I doubt many Hollywood productions will be venturing to Africa for a while.

It;s only effecting west africa right? Pretty sure more people have had in the US than Eastern or Southern Africa

Ebola is only affecting West Africa.

BP will likely shoot in South Africa anyways.

If in this movie T'Challa keeps his mask on more than any of the other Marvel superheroes we take to the streets and we riot.

Do you guys think this is Marvels most highly anticipated solo movie to date? I mean it's been many, many, many years in the making………….

And btw, one of the thing's i'm most interested in seeing is the advanced city of Wakanda. Can't wait to see some concept art, or set pics of this….:up:

I think after all the money Marvel has made off of there other Movies, they finally have the finances to really give us something great with Wakanda's interior/exterior set pieces.

If in this movie T'Challa keeps his mask on more than any of the other Marvel superheroes we take to the streets and we riot.

No, we take to the streets and celebrate as it would prove it can be done on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"