Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by flickchick85, May 8, 2019.

1. Morg Super Moderator

and next week they are airing Captain Marvel

2. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

I've always noticed it was more common for movies to show up on basic cable about 3 years after theatrical release.

3. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

That timeline is shortening now for obvious reasons.

4. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'd be more interested in how Steve got to Vormir without a ship, and how he simply handed over the soul stone to a remnant of his arc enemy.

He'd have gone to Asgard at some point too, not only to jab Jane, but also to drop the hammer off. I'd honestly have paid to watch all of this stuff happen.

Marvel's Avengers: The Delivery Guy - could easily be six 10/15min episodes showcasing the delivery of each stone.

5. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

I'd even be content with an animated series similar to "What If?" that fills in the blanks in the MCU. We could get an episode centering around Steve returning the stones, another about Thanos obtaining the Power Stone from Xandar, one that goes into more detail about what happened in the five years between the snap and the blip, etc.

6. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The likelihood of it ever becoming a thing is virtually impossible, but if they could convince some of the cast, they could easily throw in some Disney miniseries covering all of this.

I know the What If series is on Disney, but I'd prefer these events not be animated.
    • The Fall of Xandar
      • As you've stated. Four part miniseries? Doesn't even need to feature Thanos; his minions could've retrieved the stone for him.
    • The Five Year Story (five seasons?)
      • Maybe a documentary style show where we get to see the world, see the mourners, see the aftermath. Maybe some interviews with the remaining heroes?
    • Sticks and Stones
      • A six part miniseries, Steve returning the stones to the past. An episode per stone. Obviously some episodes could overlap because of where they're being dropped off at (time and mind?)
    • Stark Contrast
      • A single season about Tony & Nebula, including the scene where Carol shows up and whatever exchange happened between the two, with the series ending during her dropping off on Earth.
    Similar to the What If series, there's endless possibilities here.

7. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Reality Stone - Just imagining Steve showing up, Asguardians surrounding him until he raises Mjolnir.

Mind Stone - I'm not sure what he can do again in 2012. He had his moment in the elevator and fighting himself. But maybe meeting up with his younger self again? Some inspirational to him?

Power Stone - Probably battling Thanos's goons on his way to putting the stone back?

Space Stone - You'd think this should be last but I think seeing Peggy again just makes Steve question his future. He doesn't talk to Peggy here as I think it would take away from him just returning further in the past.

Soul Stone - Just a back and forth between him and Red Skull about the choices he's made.

Time Stone - I kept this last because I like to think the Ancient one is the one who guides him. Maybe almost a flashback episode of everything he's done, Peggy and what pushes him to think of his own happiness.

Returns to Peggy.

8. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

On my last movie in my Marvel rewatch! This definitely brought Superhero team up movies to a whole new level and it's fun going back to where it all began. But I just got to the part where Natasha sacrifices herself and im still not a fan of them getting rid of the only female OG Avenger.

It's great that Steve gets his happy ending and all but part of me dislikes it. He was Peggys greatest love but she moved on and had a family, I refuse to believe that she was always married to him. The Sharon of it all!

Seeing Americas booty with that hammer...probably one of the greatest superhero moments to turn someone one.
    [​IMG]

Tonys death remains the saddest and im sad that Pepper doesnt have to hear his nagging voice anymore.

Though what use is it returning the stones to their proper time when 2014 Thanos is no longer around, Gamora is in her "future" and thus a whole new future is created. Im surprised that Steve was even able to make it back to the "prime" future.

#783 Primal Slayer, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  9. ANTMANROCKET Registered

***spoilers*** (just in case)
    ((because someone ruined it for me via a YouTube thread response notification I received before my first viewing of ENDGAME - may they rot in... whoa! wait a second... breathe in JESUS, breathe out love))

Watched ENDGAME yesterday. (3rd or 4th time since release)
    It is the best movie ever. (except for JESUS OF NAZARETH)

So well done.

I cried when BLACK WIDOW died. The way NATASHA and CLINT try to save each other is so awesome.

After my very first viewing, I had to get out, be alone, go ride my bike and deal with TONY STARK's death. His death bothered me so much I didn't even recognize the rest of the film.

Every character has equal time and significant quality substance.
    No waste (save for the "gay date" scene)

Best characters: yeah right, can't be decided. They are all great!

Excellent soundtrack as well.

10. KevTravels Registered

I'm still annoyed that War Machine (though he got more screentime) did nothing this film. He cracked some one-liners and that was it. We didn't even see him kick ass in his new armor.

11. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I guess that's why they gave him Armor Wars.

WatchProtect likes this.
  12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

True :csad: He got better action in Infinity War.

He did get some great one liners though.

“So he’s an idiot” :hehe:

KevTravels likes this.
  13. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

In a few years all 12 combatants in the airport battle in Civil War will either have:

A Trilogy (IM, Cap, Thor, Spider-Man, Ant-Man)
    A Single Outing (Black Widow, Black Panther)
    or a streaming series (Wanda, Vision, Falcon, Bucky and War Machine)

14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

That’s quite the achievement. Will be good to go back to Civil War after all those have come out for added context.

15. Fosterson Registered

Sorry to be THAT guy, but Thor wasn't at the airport battle.

16. Mr. Peanut Registered

Also he won't have a trilogy...it'll be a..quadrilogy, I guess?

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It is damn impressive. Even more so when you think just about every major character whose been introduced will have had some sort of solo/series in some way. The fact that Peggy managed to get her own series is great.

18. Sogno Registered

If it's the only movie someone's watched definitely.

19. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

Iceman likes this.
  20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

21. AndrewGilkison Registered

Steve going back and being with Peggy basically created an alternate branch timeline. The rules of the time travel that the movie spelled out basically make changing your own past impossible.

From a character standpoint even if Steve was willing or able to change his own timeline to be with Peggy then I don't see why he would stop there. He would've also rescued Bucky so he never became the Winter Soldier. He would've made sure Hydra never infiltrated SHIELD. He would've prevented the deaths of the Stark's. I don't see him assuming a fake identity as Peggy's husband and letting all that other **** happen.

WatchProtect likes this.
  22. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

#797 The Caped Knight, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021 at 3:10 PM