• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Black Panther The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could cut some kind of deal
However, they won't agree to cut some kind of deal
Even if they could agree, they probably wouldn't bother because I don't think they want Storm
Even if they would have Storm, it wouldn't be Halle Berry for many reasons.

Hope that clears everything up.

Boseman is cast so get over it. I know I have. He and Cumberbatch wasn't the pick I wanted but I'm satisfied with both of them. Now lets just support them. They both a good actors. I'm sure Marvel has screen tested actors and Boseman came off the most convincing to play BP. None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes and what the casting directors see in the actors. It may be a good actor that we all like and think yeah he'd or she is going to work. They test for the part and it end up not being the case. I wasn't sold on Evans as Cap but it turned out great. Marvel know what they are doing and even though I can't see Boseman as T'challa I have a feeling that i'm going to be saying when he shows up that I was wrong. This isn't Fox casting the movie.

Imagine a Russo bros Cap vs. Black Panther fight in Civil War. Holy crap.

Here's one for you: Black Panther vs Cap vs Iron Man as BP tries to break up the first fight about halfway through the film. Now that could be pretty awesome.

I like Boseman and think he will do an amazing job. He has serious acting chops.

Boseman is cast so get over it. I know I have. He and Cumberbatch wasn't the pick I wanted but I'm satisfied with both of them. Now lets just support them. They both a good actors. I'm sure Marvel has screen tested actors and Boseman came off the most convincing to play BP. None of us knows what goes on behind the scenes and what the casting directors see in the actors. It may be a good actor that we all like and think yeah he'd or she is going to work. They test for the part and it end up not being the case. I wasn't sold on Evans as Cap but it turned out great. Marvel know what they are doing and even though I can't see Boseman as T'challa I have a feeling that i'm going to be saying when he shows up that I was wrong. This isn't Fox casting the movie.

Im pretty sure its confirmed the Cumberbatch casting was a rumor.

Everything is a rumor until it's true. It wasn't confirmed to be a false rumor. I do agree it's not official and may not be true, though.

BP in the Lego Marvel Superheroes Videogame:

Lego_black_panther.jpg

I don't know if this has been brought up recently, but what are everyone's thoughts on the "heart-shaped herb" that give BP his enhanced senses and reflexes? Should they be forgotten for the big-screen adaptation, with BP just being a "peak human" who is exceptional only due to training? Or should the background behind BP getting his powers from the HSH be shown/explained in-depth? Should there be a ceremony where he uses the herb?

I always liked the heart-shaped herb, as it's a unique idea for a power source and adds to the mythos of Wakanda. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been brought up recently, but what are everyone's thoughts on the "heart-shaped herb" that give BP his enhanced senses and reflexes? Should they be forgotten for the big-screen adaptation, with BP just being a "peak human" who is exceptional only due to training? Or should the background behind BP getting his powers from the HSH be shown/explained in-depth? Should there be a ceremony where he uses the herb?

I always liked the heart-shaped herb, as it's a unique idea for a power source and adds to the mythos of Wakanda. Thoughts?

The heart shaped herb is cool because unlike most Marvel superpowers it's not science based, it's nature based.

Which makes sense since many indigenous cultures,like that of Wakanda, believe that plants have mystical healing powers and some plants have been scientifically proven to do just that.

I would say have him use it, but don't overplay it. Either have him take the herb during a coronation ceremony or use it when he needs to recover from a fight. There's no need to explain it to death but there's no reason it shouldn't be part of the story. But I'd leave it ambiguous as to whether it gives him super powers or it's just something he thinks helps. You obviously don't want to detract from him being just that good.

That concept art should really be on every page of this thread. I want to marry it, personally.

Though I have to find a way to tell my husband ;)

I always liked the heart shaped herb. I thought that it was cool that young T'Challa already was good enough to beat his uncle, who was the Black Panther at the time, before even having to beat six other top Wakandans in a fight, and then he gets to ingest the herb. That shows that he has to be a badass before he gets his powers, so you know how great he is to have to prove himself tremendously to get to that level.

I also like the Panther god/goddess connection. I don't know if they'll use the nameless Panther God or go the Bast route that they went with later on, but it's cool that Black Panther has a connection to his deity at times. It could look cool to see him meditating, and in his thoughts he's surrounded by a bunch of panthers speaking for the Panther god. That might be a nice visual to see that could set him apart even more.

The heart shaped herb is cool because unlike most Marvel superpowers it's not science based, it's nature based.

Which makes sense since many indigenous cultures,like that of Wakanda, believe that plants have mystical healing powers and some plants have been scientifically proven to do just that.

I would say have him use it, but don't overplay it. Either have him take the herb during a coronation ceremony or use it when he needs to recover from a fight. There's no need to explain it to death but there's no reason it shouldn't be part of the story. But I'd leave it ambiguous as to whether it gives him super powers or it's just something he thinks helps. You obviously don't want to detract from him being just that good.

I always liked the heart shaped herb. I thought that it was cool that young T'Challa already was good enough to beat his uncle, who was the Black Panther at the time, before even having to beat six other top Wakandans in a fight, and then he gets to ingest the herb. That shows that he has to be a badass before he gets his powers, so you know how great he is to have to prove himself tremendously to get to that level.

I also like the Panther god/goddess connection. I don't know if they'll use the nameless Panther God or go the Bast route that they went with later on, but it's cool that Black Panther has a connection to his deity at times. It could look cool to see him meditating, and in his thoughts he's surrounded by a bunch of panthers speaking for the Panther god. That might be a nice visual to see that could set him apart even more.

Really good points, guys. I like the idea of using it to heal BP after a serious fight, and I'd definitely like to see the ceremonial and mystical side of Wakandan culture.

I think if T'chall is going to be on the level of MCU Cap, or close in physical ability, then some sort of reason should be on display, and thankfully the Heart Shaped Herb is already there. That's the Wakandan king's Super Soldier Serum. It enhances him physically and expands his senses. Sorry, but MCU Cap is a beast that can make opponents fly 20 feet back from a punch or kick. T'challa needs to be on that level and the HSH is a good rationale for the super human physical abilities of the Panther.

Perhaps the MCU version of the T'Challa/Monica Lynne story will have a happy ending, unlike in the comics.

I still have the sneaking suspicion that Boseman will be popping up in AoU in some capacity. Either he was cast and shot his part already or it will be done in a super secret pick up shot soon. I know they wanted the buzz it created around the phase 3 lineup but I honestly think he will pop up in some capacity and that is another of the reasons he was announced so early

I never knew much backstory about this Panther god. Is that him along with the Egyptian Gods. Bast is it? So is this Egyptian god dabbling in Wakanda?

egafrica.gif

Still apart of Africa. So it's not all that far-fetched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"