Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by flickchick85, May 8, 2019.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I do too! That’s about as epic as it gets. This combo is up there with my other favourites Star Wars OT and LotR.

Tymminator likes this.
  2. CB Fan The Watcher

I gotta give another point to this movie for detail! In Homecoming Peter assumes Tony is going for a hug and Tony was actually just opening the door for him to get out the car saying “We’re not there yet”. After the snap brings Peter back Tony then goes for an actual hug. Love catching things like this over a year after release.

Flash525, BobJM, Iceman and 2 others like this.
  3. LoganPool father | veteran | musician

Just finished Endgame, and something just occurred to me that they didn't do, that could've easily been done. At the end, when Cap is getting ready to return the Infinity Stones back to the point in time that they were taken, Bruce specifically mentions how much he misses Nat. All Steve had to do is, when returning the Soul Stone, retrieve Nat from Vormir, and send her to the present. Right? Or am I missing something?

4. elgaz Registered

I think it was alluded to in the film (and stated by the filmmakers) that there was no way for Nat to come back. That when a soul was given up to the soul stone as a sacrifice for something - regardless of time travel or going back and changing things or any other loophole, it was basically a done deal.

#754 elgaz, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    LoganPool likes this.
  5. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

6. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

If you have 17 min, I found this fascinating analysis of both Tony's and Steve's character arcs from Iron Man through Endgame.

Personally, if someone has a nitpick of Steven choosing to stay in the past instead of rebuild after Thanos, this may change your mind.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  7. Fosterson Registered

Sorry, but I just had to post this here:

Just watch the first minute. Its fairly self-explanatory.

8. Gladius Nova Registered

FYI....sad news...Chadwick Boseman died today from colon cancer. I really liked that guy too.....smh

9. spideyfan77 Registered

Having just watched the main mcu movies (avengers movies + cap movies + iron man movies + thor movies except ragnarok + guardians 1). I love the MCU.

Endgame is strangely the movie where its a love some of it and dont like some of it. 1st hour is incredible. 2nd time travel hour (except nat sacrifice) is just so strange to me. Seems like it was different directors and writers for an hour. Constantly making fun of themselves. Very strange tone.

The final hour is probably the best of the MCU. Like legit so emotional. Cap and iron man had perfect arcs. Thor and hulk got shafted by this movie. Widow was awesome. Hawkeye was awesome.

Very strange movie watching it back to back from infinity war which is just epic and probably my favourite mcu movie.

So i love 2/3 of the movie but really dont like 1/3. So weird how one movie can shift like that from one act to the other.

Infinity War
    Age of Ultron
    Winter Soldier (probably tied with ultron)
    Endgame
    Civil War

That is probably how I have my top 5. Winter soldier is probably the most polished and well made movie out of the bunch.

#759 spideyfan77, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Just posted this in the Last Movie You Watched thread:

Started watching Endgame on cable late last night even though I could watch it on disc or Disney + any time. Ended up staying up till about 5 with it lol, throwing out some other plans for this coming morning, but it was well worth it. Just an awesome send off after a decade of an unprecedented comic book universe that was so much more successful that could have been expected. The deaths still hit me hard after all this time and knowing about them in advance. IW and EG were an amazing way to go out and I’m so glad they got this film out before the virus emerged.

11. NewYorkSpider EndGame

Even if he grabbed Nat from Vormir, she wouldn't have gone with him. At that point in time she was on a mission to retrieve the soul stone. I don't think she would have abandoned her mission since it would have been another timeline in which they failed.

Even grabbing her from another point in time would have been hard. Imagine someone coming to grab you from your timeline and telling you have to come with them because you sacrificed yourself in the future? I sure has heck wouldn't leave all my friends and family.

12. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I'm sure there's some weird paradox stuff if they try that.

13. Fosterson Registered

Agreed. I mean Gamora only came forward in time because she was still serving Thanos at that point.

14. BobJM Uncle Charlie

I’ll have to check this out!

15. Gold Samurai Registered

16. Mr. Peanut Registered

Ah man, I can't even imagine how frustrating it'd be if the timing had been just a little different and Endgame ended up in Black Widow's situation. Yeesh.

17. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

IW and Endgame really is a fantastic back to back, I rewatched it yesterday (it's so good I didn't even need the watch TA and AOU as prelims). It's pure comic book and childhood come to life.

The Thor portrayal between the two films is fascinating but ruined by unnecessary jokes. Man they could of done that arc without the "lol fat" awkwardness, if they did Hemsworth could of been up for an Oscar. He's capable.

I like Banner in Endgame but in IW he's still horrendous two years on.

18. Filmfan93 The Man in Black

I just re-watched all 4 Avengers films back-to-back and i agree that the IW + EG combo is amazing.

Also don't like Thor's portrayal in EG. It's the only thing that makes the film imperfect, especially if you watch him right after IW. It felt weird on my 1st viewing, it still feels weird on my 12th one.

They could've gone for the same arc and message without making him cracking jokes all the time and essentially being the comic relief.

Kev4000 and Flash525 like this.
  19. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Thor was kinda' ruined a little I felt, especially after his development in Ragnarok.

His whole coming of age and finding himself and his purpose was practically reversed and he was turned into a joke.

I also know that it's just another element to overlook, but why did future Nebula need to wait until after they'd made the Stark-gauntlet before allowing future Thanos to come back in time?

He could've come back with his army at any point in time, as he'd have had his own gauntlet by that point too.

I don't get why he waited, or more to the point, why our Nebula didn't simply jump back the moment she regained consciousness, but rather she attempted to warn the others when they'd have been safe anyway.

20. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

They're showing it on TNT right now I decided to just rewatch it again. That opening still gets me.

21. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I can't. I won't get anything done if I start watching it. LOL.

terry78 likes this.
  22. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

How is Endgame on TNT already? Or did the turnaround time between theatrical release and basic cable premiere shrink recently?

23. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Probably.

24. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It’s been 20 months,

25. Filmfan93 The Man in Black

In 3 months, it will be 2 years since Endgme was released theatrically.

I mean, they are already showing IW on TV back in my home country and they barely show any new movies at all lol