Black Pessimism at 20 year high!

Meh. :down :up:

Even I have to admit that the Clinton years were better for minorities (and really everyone who wasn't rich). The only reason African Americans are more bummed out now is because the Government really does not have their interests at the fore. It's a Republican-driven deal right now, which is geared towards rich, upper-class white families. Bush has been in power for a while now, so of course things have not improved...and not just for blacks either--even middle-class white suburban families are worse off because the economy is the utter suck.

I agree.

What I see in a lot of black kids my age tend to have this mentality that things won't change, so they don't make an effort. Not that things for them are bad. In the area I live in, there are a lot of them richer than me, and are the stereotype of a black person in personality. The majority though, just don't really care about what's going on, so they're messing up in High School and not thinking clearly until too late. :csad:

on the mentality issue....You have black people in their late 20's and early 30's with the same mentality as the teenagers. It's this big circle of indifference....

blacks complain to much, slavery was over a long ass time ago. GET OVER IT the white man isnt the devil, the man isnt keeping you down, and IT IS possible for you to get a job

blacks complain to much

We complain too much compared to whom?

There are many groups complaining in today's society so Blacks have every right to do so too...especially if there is some weight behind it.

I have a feeling though that you have no clue nor do I feel you really care one way or another about the issues and concerns of black people.

If you would listen to some of these complaints and then investigate them with an open mind and critical eye maybe you may find that some of these complains have some validity rather than your generalized sweeping indictment that we are merely whiners.

, slavery was over a long ass time ago.

Slavery was 141 years ago. There are people living in this country who are over
100. So it wasn't a long time ago. You show your ignorance by assuming that the end of slavery brought freedom, justice, and equality to all African Americans. Are you not familiar with the Jim Crow laws that began right after slavery and didn't end until 1964 and 1965? There was places that a people could not go because of race just 42 years ago.

Is that a long azz time to you?

If you are 12 years old then I guess from your perspective it would be.

GET OVER IT the white man isnt the devil, the man isnt keeping you down, and IT IS possible for you to get a job

Get over it? Son you have to know and understand what generations of African Americans have experiences over the past 400 years to say that.

In short, you are not qualified to make that statement.

Of course the white man isn't the devil, but this country's government tolerated, ignored and in some cases enforced some very devilish treatment against non-white Americans for decades and history will show that any person or group of people are capable of evil but when many of those people are in various levels of Government making policy it can have devastating effects on a group of people.

You misunderstand though that we as African Americans are merely looking for jobs.

We want much much more than that.

We are striving to become a viable group of people on all levels of society and
leverage our economic base that will reach 1 trillion dollars soon to position us
become a leader in areas of education, politics, and business among many others.

Don't feed the trolls, Bryant! :cmad:

jag

Th upper class is indifferent to whatever colors they hold down.

I don't mean to feed the flame, but I think what he was trying to get at was that the time when slavery and racism were at large has passed. Yes people remember, but the best thing to do would be to move on because holding a grudge and using the excuse of discrimination and such from the past as an excuse for now isn't going to work with today's government. Of course, minorities need a little extra boost because racism IS still here, so I understand the need for a president to focus on that some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"