Black Men

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
This has been on my mind for a few days...

But I've been thinking about the way some have racist feelings towards blacks; and maybe I'm wrong about this, but is it just me or does it seem like people don't hate blacks in general but mostly black men?

I mean, with black women there aren't that many things to hate IMO, but black men seem to get the most hate from anyone.

Is it because of the stereotypes that most have about black men, maybe something more, or am I just being crazy?

I think many would argue that black women get stereotyped more.

I mean, with black women there aren't that many things to hate IMO.

Oh, I beg to differ.

And yes, please do elaborate.

I don't hate on anyone's skin color-I find the concept ridiculous, always have since a kid. I could never wrap my head around racism. But I am wary around anyone who act or dress like gang, thugs or thief's.

Well, I know the stereotypes with black women seem to involve them apparently having nasty attitudes and being loud and obnoxious; I'm sure there are probably more but those are the only ones I knew of.

With men, our's involve us being nothing but unintelligent criminals who care about nothing but money and harming someone for the stupidest reason (i.e. colors, being looked at wrong, not being intimidated by, etc.)

Well, I know the stereotypes with black women seem to involve them apparently having nasty attitudes and being loud and obnoxious; I'm sure there are probably more but those are the only ones I knew think of.

With men, our's involve us being nothing but unintelligent criminals who care about nothing but money and harming someone for the stupidest reason (i.e. colors, being looked at wrong, not backing down from them, etc.)
I blame the media for this.

Well, I know the stereotypes with black women seem to involve them apparently having nasty attitudes and being loud and obnoxious; I'm sure there are probably more but those are the only ones I knew of.

With men, our's involve us being nothing but unintelligent criminals who care about nothing but money and harming someone for the stupidest reason (i.e. colors, being looked at wrong, not being intimidated by, etc.)

Black women are also stereotyped as ignorant, unintelligent, single mothers due to being stupid enough to get pregnant and not hang onto a man, fat, etc etc. To name a few.

ALL ethnicities have pretty horrible stereotypes.

I feel like you've brought up this topic before, btw, I wish I could remember the thread :csad:

I feel like you've brought up this topic before, btw, I wish I could remember the thread :csad:
Eh I probably have, who knows. But like I said in the first post this has been on my mind for a while.

I think when it comes to race in general, a lot of non-black people, whether true in some cases or not, tend to think we all have chips on our shoulders about our place in the universe.

^What is are place in the universe anyways?

Feels like people around the world have picked up on those stereotypes we have here in the states. I've always wondered if blacks from other countries deal with those stereotypes also.

every race has a group that everyone hates, its not based on the color of their skin but based on their charterer
that goes to everyone, blacks, mexicans, whites, arabs, ect

I think some members of the black community definitely reinforce the negative stereotypes they have, just like any other race, which isn't helping the cause. Going to work this week I've seen these stereotypes reinforce twice, once with a guy and another with a girl.

Early in the week, going to work there were two girls on the el and between them had about 6-7 kids all probably no older than 6, neither looked much older than early to mid-20s, throughout the ride they were continuely yelling at the kids. It got so obnoxious I had to move to a different car. Today there was a guy on the el, dressed in a t-shirt and shorts talking to his friend about needed to go to court so he was wearing his very best t-shirt and shorts, then halfway through the ride he started singing a song about needing some p*ssy.

Although like I said every race, nationality, etc... has negative stereotypes and people who will reinforce that. Go to a Cubs game or just hang around that area during the summer and you'll see plenty examples of the negative sterotype of the Cubs fan reinforced, plus the stereotype of the *****ebag will be on full display.

Last edited:
I think some members of the black community definitely reinforce the negative stereotypes they have, just like any other race, which isn't helping the cause. Going to work this week I've seen these stereotypes reinforce twice, once with a guy and another with a girl.

Early in the week, going to work there were two girls on the el and between them had about 6-7 kids all probably no older than 6, neither looked much older than early to mid-20s, throughout the ride they were continuely yelling at the kids. It got so obnoxious I had to move to a different car. Today there was a guy on the el, dressed in a t-shirt and shorts talking to his friend about needed to go to court so he was wearing his very best t-shirt and shorts, then halfway through the ride he started singing a song about needing some p*ssy.

Although like I said every race, nationality, etc... has negative stereotypes and people who will reinforce that. Go to a Cubs game or just hang around that area during the summer and you'll see plenty examples of the negative sterotype of the Cubs fan reinforced, plus the stereotype of the *****ebag will be on full display.
What's the Cubs fan stereotype?

***redacted***

Last edited:

Well, isnt that true??
Just kidding of course, trying to recreate that "Chasing Amy" moment where Hooper X says that white people only think blacks desire to be white and Banky says "isnt that true?"

I will be 1000000% honest with you, because of 1) my line of work 2) maybe where I live finding a black man who isnt a criminal of some sort (or just generally worthless) and instead is an educated, hard working citizen is the exception, not the rule.
And, along those same lines, black women as well, but yes, the description you gave above regarding stereotypes applies more to black men than black women.

I think black women and men get stereotyped evenly, I just think the stereotypes the men have to deal with are much worse.

***redacted***

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"