Blade (1998) or Deadpool (2016)?

They took way more risk with Blade. Had one of the best character intro's in movie history, Wesley's skills as a Martial Artist was on full display and the soundtrack itself was just the icing on the cake (Techno, Drum and Bass). Yes its a little outdated and the villians are hit and miss but Its a solidly made film and i have a special place for it. Deadpool was good but it doesn't have any redeeming qualities that get better after every watch. It was abit too self absorbed aswell ,Kinda takes me out of the film but Ryan was born for that role. Just like Wesley was for Blade.

Surprised with the lack of respect for Marvel and what they achieved with Blade, It was unknown territory back then in 98.

I love Blade, but Deadpool is better. Then again, Deadpool is one of absolute best CBMs of the past 10 years.

Both of these are extremely important to the genre. They’re full of really creative ideas. Whereas the dialogue in Deadpool is better, the plot in Blade is better. I think Reynolds and Snipes were both born for their respective roles, so I don’t think either of them is better.

Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost is still one of my favorite Marvel villains, and that late 90s aesthetic in Blade just does it for me. I love both of these movies but I like Blade better.

Surprised with the lack of respect for Marvel and what they achieved with Blade, It was unknown territory back then in 98.
You kind of answered your own question. Blade was pretty much a D-lister back then and even now I'd say he's a C-lister at best until the MCU Blade comes out since it's been 17 years since Blade: Trinity. People tend to forget that he's a Marvel character. But Blade's success paved the way for X-Men, which paved the way for Spider-Man which just blew the doors wide open.

Blade would probably have a stronger pop culture presence if the TV show didn't get prematurely murdered due to the "crime" of being extremely popular with the wrong sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"