Deadpool 3 post-credits appearance?

KManX89

Civilian
Reaction score
So, since we know Deadpool 3 will be R-rated AND set in the MCU, it's a foregone conclusion that there will be a post-credits scene and it lends itself to many different possibilities. Who would you like to see featured? I narrowed it down to the best possible choices that I could think of.

Punisher to me would be the perfect choice to show up in DP3's post-credits scene. Two gung-ho mercenaries that would lend themselves to plenty of banter. Bernthal's Castle showing up DP like only he can in a surprise cameo would be priceless. As an added bonus, it could set up (and give them free advertising for, if they're really worried about monies) an R-rated Punisher solo film that his character (and S2 arc) needs, even as a one-off.

Blade would be another intriguing choice for their combination of guns and swords/blades (no pun intended). Oddly enough, Blade was planned for MvC3 at one point, but was scrapped because they feared he'd play too similarly to Deadpool.

Nick Fury, that's a no-brainer, it would introduce him to the grander MCU at large (surely after a post-DP2 universe jump similar to Mysterio's in Spider-Man: Far From Home) and future Avengers crossovers (the signature F-bombs and slices n' dices will obviously have to be bleeped/cut around for those).

Thor and DP have history in the comics and Doctor Strange would be an obvious choice seeing how he's rumored to appear in Doctor Strange 2. It could also explain the reality-altering/universe-jumping.

Seeing Matt Murdock suit up as DareDevil for the first time in the MCU (proper) after appearing in No Way Home simply as Peter's lawyer would show nice progression and be a surprise treat.

Vanessa showing up as Copycat would be a nice twist and reunite her with Wade and potentially mark the beginning of mutants in the MCU all in one fell swoop.

Moon Knight and Deadpool would go well together because of the whole split personalities thing.

I know a lot people might be tempted to say Wolverine, but really think about how that fits the narrative when (perhaps) nothing has established or even hinted at mutants existing in the MCU up to this point and they might not have an actor cast or eyed for the role yet. It would be great IF all the stars somehow aligned, though, big if.

I don't think Taskmaster shows up in post-credits, because I want him to show up in the movie and be totally confused by Deadpool, making him frustrated he can't replicate Wade's moves to the point where he gives up and they form a temporary alliance.

Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern appearing and killing Deadpool.

I don't really understand the question here.

Both previous Deadpool films have had post-credits scenes, so it's not like that's anything new. And they used established X-Man Colossus for jokes in the main movie and Deadpool 2 had a joke-cameo of the X-Men Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix cast in the main movie. So if there is an MCU character appearance it could just as well be in the main movie as in post-credits.

I'm not sure a post-credits scene would be best suited for having a 1 to 3 minute scene of Deadpool meeting some other MCU character when it's probably not going to go anywhere.

I say Hugh Jackman recruits Deadpool for the Fox universe X-men team and Deadpool kills him and then is recruited by Nick Fury into the MCU.

200.gif

I would’ve voted wolverine but if it’s not high jackman then pass!! I voted Spider-Man but daredevil or nick fury would be good

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"