Blade Runner 2049 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's 2 hours 43 minutes with credits, and that's 11 minutes of credits.

This was posted elsewhere. I checked with a friend who got to see the movie at one of the screenings last week and he confirmed that it's legit. Anyway, this is a HUGE spoiler, so if you haven't read the spoiler summary posted earlier and don't want a huge reveal spoiled for you, then DON'T open it.

Again... SPOILERS!

When Carla Juri was cast, a lot of people noticed pretty quickly that she does look like someone who could play the child of Harrison and Sean. Well, looks like that was indeed correct. Dr. Stelline IS Deckard and Rachel's daughter.

t3_73i75y.jpg

Last edited:
Some things you don't have to spoil.
You could delete that you know

So,, any behinds the scene special on TV or cable scheduled for this film?

Yeah, I don't see how DarthMuppet could have put any more [clear] disclaimers in there - if someone opens that and then claims foul well, that's their problem. Don't see how he/she simply HAS to delete it either.

Just watched the original for the first time in at least a decade!

Just watched the original for the first time in at least a decade!

Same here, they aired the original theatrical version.
Saturday evening was awesome for movies on TV, I ended up watching The Accountant, Blade Runner and Sin City all in a row.:woot:

Same here, they aired the original theatrical version.
Saturday evening was awesome for movies on TV, I ended up watching The Accountant, Blade Runner and Sin City all in a row.:woot:
Sounds like quite the trifecta.
Me, I am just going to be watching. Blade Runner: The Final Cut
for the first time.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/blade-runner-2049-social-media-rave-reviews-1202577840/

“Blade Runner 2049” topped social media buzz last week with 83,000 new conversations in the wake of the movie’s strong reviews, according to media-measurement firm comScore and its PreAct service.

The follow-up to Ridley Scott’s 1982 sci-fi classic “Blade Runner” has earned an impressive 96% score on Rotten Tomatoes. Variety’s Peter Debruge wrote in his review that the film “delves deep into the existential concerns suggested by the earlier film, as screenwriters Hampton Fancher (who also co-wrote the original) and Michael Green raise evocative questions about human-android relations and the nuances that will one day be used to tell them apart.”

“Blade Runner 2049” is being distributed domestically by Warner Bros. through its output deal with Alcon Entertainment. Sony is the international distributor and production partner with Alcon Entertainment. The reboot, directed by Denis Villeneuve, stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford, who reprises his role of Rick Deckard.

Early box office forecasts had projected a domestic launch of at least $40 million.

most-talked-about-movies-october-2017.jpg

Another bad review from Jake Coyle. Of course he puts this in there which leads me to discredit much of his opinion:
"...and some other bad habits common to today's sequel machinery - such as glaring product placement - have broken the Blade Runner spell."

The original had product placement all over the place. The world was run by corporations that put their logos EVERYWHERE. Why would the sequel be any different?

"...and some other bad habits common to today's sequel machinery - such as glaring product placement - have broken the Blade Runner spell."

I don't think he's ever watched the original Blade Runner...

From one of the TV spots... spoiler warning for those who want to stay totally in the dark, but again, this shot is in one of the TV spots and there isn't any real explanation necessary for those who choose to look... you'll immediately what this is.

IMG_6539.png

I mean the Atari stuff in Blade Runner was so blatant that it's almost become a meme at this point.

I mean the Atari stuff in Blade Runner was so blatant that it's almost become a meme at this point.
I watched the movie countless times, but, to be honest, I remember only Atari and Coca Cola. And NOODLES! This damn movie makes me want to eat ramen so much... Comparable only to the hamburger scene from Pulp Fiction.

From one of the TV spots... spoiler warning for those who want to stay totally in the dark, but again, this shot is in one of the TV spots and there isn't any real explanation necessary for those who choose to look... you'll immediately what this is.

IMG_6539.png
The last time that I saw Blade Runner was the theatrical release and even I know what that image means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"