Blade Runner 2049 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very familiar with the writers' previous work, but the showrunner (Silka Luisa) worked on Halo which could be worrying.
To be fair she only co-wrote one episode of Halo. She did, however, develop Shining Girls, which I thought was a pretty good show. Still not enough to give me much confidence for the time being.

A show set in this world is long over due. Both Blade Runner films are masterpieces and I think there's a ton left of that franchise to explore.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s set after the events of the last movie or sometime before.

Interesting that they are moving it so far forward. I guess that can help them avoid reusing actors and delving into new territory that wasn’t explored in the previous films. Though I still wish 2049 had been a hit and we would have gotten a third film with Deckard and (maybe) a new replicant version of Officer K. I know that might make the end of 2049 feel meaningless but I really liked Gosling and would have loved to see him come back.

I'm actually interested how the world will look in 2099. There was a pretty drastic difference between the 2019 of the first film and the 2049 of the second.

I was told that they advanced it 50 years into the future so they don’t have to work with Jared Leto.

To be fair, I thought he was great in 2049 haha. It's the only movie I like him in.
Honestly, I thought he was decent for what little he was in. However, whenever he's brought up regarding this movie, I'll always remember two things.

One is his cringe-worthy method acting tactics where he reportedly blinded himself with contact lenses so he could understand the character better, even though it was a really small part, and the other is that the role was originally written with David Bowie in mind and went to Leto after his unfortunate passing in the dreadful year of 2016. He would have been a perfect fit, but alas...

Honestly, I thought he was decent for what little he was in. However, whenever he's brought up regarding this movie, I'll always remember two things.

One is his cringe-worthy method acting tactics where he reportedly blinded himself with contact lenses so he could understand the character better, even though it was a really small part, and the other is that the role was originally written with David Bowie in mind and went to Leto after his unfortunate passing in the dreadful year of 2016. He would have been a perfect fit, but alas...
Bowie would've been phenomenal. How did I not know he was the original choice?

I wonder if Leto blinding himself meant that he had to take extra long bathroom breaks as he felt his way down the hallway.

So they are going to go 50 years into the future from Blade Runner 2049... on a TV/streaming budget?

And with the usual cheap and glossy cinematography feel that most Amazon shows have it's probably going to be one hell of a step down from best of the best of the DPs mister Deakins.

And with the usual cheap and glossy cinematography feel that most Amazon shows have it's probably going to be one hell of a step down from best of the best of the DPs mister Deakins.
If it can look at least as good as RoP, I'll be happy.

I don't have super high hopes for 2099, but guess we'll find out. Did Black Lotus end up being worth watching?

Let’s hope it’s not as shiny and clean as their Lord of the Rings show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"