Blade Runner 2049 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started watching that but gave up around the 5th episode.

So... I went and watched this movie from start to finish and.... were they really setting up a sequel with Jared Leto's character? Is that why he didn't fight Ryan Gosling at the end?

Lol I feel like they were setting up for a third installment but not because Leto didn’t fight Ryan Gosling. I mean, I don’t think that would be much of a fight, would it? A super soldier vs. a blind guy?

But anyway, they seemed to be planting seeds for a full-scale revolution, along with expanding upon the story of Deckard and his daughter and the implications her existence could have for this world. But I guess this 2099 series will focus on the aftermath of those things.

Last edited:
Not sure what you would do with a third movie.

At the end, K rejects the Replicant revolution as well. He makes a moral choice to help Deckard reunite with his daughter. Even though humanity has grown decadent and cruel, the Replicants aren't that much better I suppose. K is the only one who was willing to make a moral, compassionate choice. The Replicants wanted Deckard sacrificed and the child for themselves to exploit. The humans wanted Deckard's child to exploit or to erase it.

I think if we see new material it will be things like Black Lotus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"