BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Platforms-TBD)

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Arc System Works establishes North American branch[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago. 7 comments.

New branch to 'ensure the fans voices are heard and applied.'

Arc-Sys-NA-Branch_11-02-17.jpg

Arc System Works has announced the establishment of Arc System Works America, a North American branch based in Torrance, California, “in order to expand its operations and offerings to fans in the region.”

Find a statement from president and CEO Minoru Kidooka below.
“Since its inception almost 30 years ago, Arc System Works has been at the pinnacle of 2D Fighting game development — merging traditional Japanimation-like expression and technology to bring fans around the world entertainment the likes of which they have never seen.

“While we have been able to bring our games to North America with help from local business partners in the past, with our new branch ‘Arc System Works America, Inc.’ we will better be able to open the channels of communication between fan and developer, ensuring your voices are heard and most importantly applied.

“As we expand in these exciting times, I will personally ensure we never lose sight of the Arc System Works company slogan: ‘Action’ ‘Revolution’ ‘Challenge’. I look forward to our latest challenge of establishing a new branch and continuing to develop exciting and innovative experiences for all the fans who made this next stage in our company’s history possible.”

source:Gematsu

PlayStation 4, PC, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Arc System Works America to publish BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle in North America[/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 62 comments.

Newly established North American branch's first title confirmed.

Arc-Sys-America-BlazBlue-Cross-Tag-Battle_11-06-17.jpg

System Works America, the newly established North American branch of Arc System Works, will publish BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle in North America as its first title, the company announced.

The Japanese announcement of the North American branch also clarifies that Arc System Works America will handle the sales and distribution of products developed by Arc System Works, as well as marketing, promotion, support, licensing, and localization duties.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will be released for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC.

Sounds like they are going to reveal a new Personae character on their livestream on Fri.

[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle adds Gordeau, Yukiko Amagi, and Azrael[/FONT]

Published 53 mins ago. 7 comments.
Three more playable characters announced.

BlazBlue-CTB-Charas_11-17-17.jpg

Gordeau from Under Night In-Birth, Yukiko Amagi from Persona 4 Arena, and Azrael from BlazBlue will be playable in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, developer Arc System Works announced.

The newly announced characters join the previously announced Ragna the Bloodedge, Jin Kisaragi, Rachel Alucard, Hazama, and Noel Vermillion from BlazBlue; Yu Narukami, Yosuke Hanamura, and Chie Satonaka from Persona 4 Arena; Hyde, Linne, and Waldstein from Under Night In-Birth; and Ruby Rose and Weiss Schnee from RWBY.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in 2018.

Watch the fourth character introduction trailer below.

[YT]b9JNFpRS0c8[/YT]

View a set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

A few more than just Personae, which is good.

Now I am just going to wait impatiently for Blake and Yang to be revealed.

BlazBlue-10th-Anniversary_11-20-17-165x95.jpg

Industry
[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue 10th anniversary website opened[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 3 comments.
Series to celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2018.

BlazBlue-10th-Anniversary_11-20-17.jpg

Arc System Works has launched the official BlazBlue 10th anniversary website.

The website currently features an overview of the series, character descriptions, comments from the creators, and contests including a character popularity and illustration contest.

In the future it will be updated with various content, including the series’ history.
The first BlazBlue title, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, launched for arcades in Japan on November 19, 2008. It will celebrate its 10th anniversary next year.

The latest entry in the series, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC worldwide in 2018.

Fates Intersect In BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle’s PSX 2017 Trailer. December 9, 2017 . 5:00am

Arc System Works shared the latest trailer for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle at PlayStation Experience, where we get to see more from Ruby Rose, Ragna, Jin, Yu Narukami, Chie, Yukiko, Hyde, and others.

14 comments Read >

Arc System Works shared the latest trailer for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle at PlayStation Experience, where we get to see more from Ruby Rose, Ragna, Jin, Yu Narukami, Chie, Yukiko, Hyde, and others.

[YT]XaT0fDlZ2jE[/YT]
The trailer is an updated version of the very first BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle reveal trailer, featuring some of the new characters like Yukiko from Persona 4 and RWBY’s Weiss Schnee, and an updated UI.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle releases in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

source:[FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

I didn't see any Weiss in that new trailer. :(

Just announced a ton of BlazBlue characters.

Some Ruby and Weiss gameplay.

Weiss is looking good, though I really want some of her moves from the latest season.

Weiss does look good, as does Ruby.

can't wait to see Yang and Blake.

also, hoping they will add some Persona 5 characters into the mix as a "bonus."

as an aside, I'm finally getting caught up on the RWBY episodes. On Volume 4 right now.

and man, the animation sure has improved. and I'm overall loving the characters and world. But Volume 3 finale sure was pretty tough to watch. :(

in fact, RWBY is one of the reasons why I'm so looking forward to BB Cross Tag.

beyond the main 4 girls, I hope we get some more RWBY characters. and I hope this will lead to RWBY getting its own fighting game.

there are so many characters with unique weapons, moves, attacks, and fighting styles.

I also believe the writing and choreography take a step up with Vol 5. It has been fun watching the show improve. I'm just sad we are unlikely to get alternate costumes for RWBY. Plus, more moves I want to see. (Looking at Weiss, in particular)

I wonder when the next announcement will hit. Early 2018 suggests it will be earlier than EVO Japan, which is when I would've expected more news. Perhaps with the Nintendo Direct we are expecting this week.

^ why wouldn't we get alternate costumes for RWBY?

It's how ArcSystems designs the sprites. It is too complicated to do alternate costumes, so they just do alternate colors. A whole **** ton of alternate colors, sure, but not actual different costumes. They don't want to essentially animate a whole new character.

ah, I see.

well, that's unfortunate, cuz I really like the new Volume 4 looks for each character.

[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle launches May 31 in Japan and Asia, June 5 in North America; adds DLC character Blake Belladonna[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 19 comments.

20 characters in the base game, 20 characters are downloadable content.

BlazBlue-CTB_01-13-18_001.jpg

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America, developer Arc System Works announced.

The company also announced that Blake Belladonna from RWBY will appear as a playable character via downloadable content, and that a total of 20 characters will be playable in the base game, with an additional 20 planned as downloadable content.

BlazBlue-CTB_01-13-18_002.jpg

So far, all 20 characters in the base game have been revealed. Blake Belladonna is the first add-on character to be announced. Here is the list of planned downloadable content:

• DLC Character All-in-One Pack
  • DLC Character: Blake Belladonna
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 1: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 2: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 3: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 4: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 5: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character Set Vol. 6: ???, ???, and ???
  • DLC Character: ???
In Japan, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will cost 5,800 yen at retail and 5,370 yen via download. A BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Limited Box will also be available and include the following:

• Special box with special collaborative illustration by Tochimichi Mori (Arc System Works), Shigenori Soejima (Atlus), Seiichi Yoshihara (French-Bread), and Ein Lee (Rooster Teeth)
  • “Additional Character All-in-One Pack” download code
  • BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle art book
  • Acrylic standy (PS4 version-only)
  • Multi storage pouch (Switch version-only)
BlazBlue-CTB_01-13-18_003.jpg

Early purchases for both the Limited Box and standard edition in Japan will include the BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle original soundtrack.

Watch a new trailer below.

[YT]PHly_8M1YBY[/YT]
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

wait!! Blake is DLC??!! WTF??!!

And she's a separate DLC not included in any of the character packs? will she be included in the All-In-One pack??

and does this mean Yang will be a separate DLC, too??

Ruby and Weiss will be the only 2 RWBY reps in the base game??

and 20 DLC characters in total??

seriously......wtf??

my hype for this game just dropped dramatically. very disappointed. :(

Never played one of these before. Will have to try one out at some point.

Half the game being DLC is a disgrace.

yes. nevermind half of team RWBY will be DLC, too.

it is a disgrace. just.....smh.............:cmad:

it should be like 12 DLC characters, meaning 8 more characters, including Blake and Yang on the base roster.

it's a good thing out of RWBY, Ruby and Weiss, are my 2 favorites. but still, I'm pretty pissed. I can only imagine how Blake/Yang fans feel........:csad:

I mean. if half of your roster is DLC, then that means you're essentially selling us a half-complete game for full price. not good.

Last edited:
Yeah, half the characters as DLC is very... frustrating. As now it seems half of RWBY will be DLC. Really, really going to need the price for the All-in-one, which I am assuming is the season pass. And hopefully Yang isn't the last one on that list.

I wonder if we will get a special edition. I don't need the RWBY soundtrack, as I have them all already.

EDIT: Good news seems to be that it isn't going to be $60 for the base game, more like $40-50.

the all-in-one season pass better include ALL DLC, including Blake and presumably Yang or whoever the last separate DLC is.

also, with past Blazblue and Guilty Gear games, I seem to remember that some DLC characters were free for the first week or something.

wonder if they will do something like that here.

Yeah, half the characters as DLC is very... frustrating. As now it seems half of RWBY will be DLC. Really, really going to need the price for the All-in-one, which I am assuming is the season pass. And hopefully Yang isn't the last one on that list.

I wonder if we will get a special edition. I don't need the RWBY soundtrack, as I have them all already.

EDIT: Good news seems to be that it isn't going to be $60 for the base game, more like $40-50.

what gives you that idea about the price for base game??

Japanese price. Physical is apparently closer to $50, digital $40. So, we will see what happens.

I am curious how much of the RWBY soundtrack we will get in this. Hopefully Armed and Ready and This Life is Mine make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"