BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Platforms-TBD)

^ ah, interesting.

well, if base game is < $60, that would make me feel better.

guess we'll see.

but man, what a way to deflate the hype for the game. :(

Last edited:
No doubt. Hopefully, they price the DLC correctly, since most of them will be reusing sprites, I imagine. Which is also another frustrating thing about this, as most of the characters are reused sprites, so a lot of the work was already done.

But, I am a fan of RWBY, and quickly got interested in Blazblue after I started check out some streams of it. And it is support for Switch, so I am in.

yeah, I'm a fan of RWBY, too. and that's actually the main reason why I was so excited for this game - to play as RWBY characters in a fighting game. I figured at least the main 4 girls would be in the base game - it was anyone beyond that I thought would be DLC ( JNPR, Cinder, Mercury, Emerald, etc. ).

which is why I'm more annoyed ( and shocked, quite frankly ) that only half of team RWBY will be in the base game. the good thing, as I said above, is that Ruby and Weiss are my 2 favorites. but still........

wonder if there will be a story reason for why only Weiss and Ruby are there initially ( team RWBY gets separated and Weiss and Ruby get sucked into the Blazblue world, for example? ).

at this point I'd say I'm still in, too ( for the PS4 ). but my hype sure has taken a hit.

hopefully, the All-In-One DLC pass is priced reasonably and/or we get a cool collector's edition here in the West to sweeten the deal.

still though..........a big letdown today.

and Blake looks so good, gameplay and design wise, too. :(

Last edited:
No doubt. Hopefully, they price the DLC correctly, since most of them will be reusing sprites, I imagine. Which is also another frustrating thing about this, as most of the characters are reused sprites, so a lot of the work was already done.

But, I am a fan of RWBY, and quickly got interested in Blazblue after I started check out some streams of it. And it is support for Switch, so I am in.
Have you played one of their games? The DLC is always ridiculous priced.

I mean, I am expecting Blake and Yang to be the same price as those packs of three characters, due to the fact that RWBY are the only new characters we are likely to get. A lot is going to depend on price and timeline. Because only getting half of RWBY is extremely frustrating. But $40 for the base game and then $40 for DLC feels fair, in the end.

But then again, I am someone who was tempted by $60 Doom for Switch...

I mean, I am expecting Blake and Yang to be the same price as those packs of three characters, due to the fact that RWBY are the only new characters we are likely to get. A lot is going to depend on price and timeline. Because only getting half of RWBY is extremely frustrating. But $40 for the base game and then $40 for DLC feels fair, in the end.

But then again, I am someone who was tempted by $60 Doom for Switch...

that's if the base game is indeed $40.

hopefully, we get Western pricing info soon.

and the point about timeline is a good one, too. it would be extremely frustrating if we'd have to wait 6 months or whatever for Blake and Yang, since both should have been in the base game.

Last edited:
I hope there is a large enough backlash that generates a response from Arcsys.

The DLC controversy this game is getting and how people are pissed about it is why it amuses whenever I see people acting like Capcom is the be all, end all of bad DLC practices. Because whenever Capcom does something like announcing DLC before launch, people will snipe at them for doing scummy and shady practices and call them "Crapcom" or "Cashcom" and other "clever" nicknames which illustrates how childish they are. But usually if another company does the same thing, they either let it completely slide or they aren't as vocal about it.

PlayStation 4, PC, Switch
[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle producer discusses lack of arcade version, DLC pricing[/FONT]
Published 21 hours ago. 230 comments.

Game + DLC price not much greater than normal price of a full game.

BBCTB-Mag-Interview_01-24-18.jpg

The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has an interview with BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle producer Toshimichi Mori, who discusses the game’s reasons for being a home console and PC title versus an arcade title, as well as the price of its 20 downloadable content characters.

Get the notable tidbits below.

• If there is support for it, they would like to continue the series.

• BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is a home console and PC game, as opposed to an arcade game, mainly because they wanted to get rid of any situation where there would be an gap in ability between overseas and Japanese players. (In other words, Japanese players would get it in arcades first, giving them more time to practice.)

• The game is being made under the premise of playing with a game pad.

• By releasing the main game at a lower cost (5,800 yen for the physical version / 5,370 yen for the digital version), as many people as possible will be able to play, and those that find it interesting can purchase the downloadable content.

• It is being set up so that even if you purchase all of the downloadable content, the price will not far exceed what a full game would normally cost.
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America.

Thanks, Ryokutya2089.

source:
Gematsu

So, $40 for base game and $40 for DLC sounds like the price point the would be going for. I hope.

Make it $30 for each and I'd buy.

There are a few ways to interpret that last statement. I just figure assuming "complete game" means base game and DLC. Seems safer to assume.

$40-$50 for base game, and $30 for all DLC if bought separately or $20 if bought with Season Pass.

hope we get Western pricing info soon.

So, $40 for base game and $40 for DLC sounds like the price point the would be going for. I hope.

I for got to put this up last night due to meabsing tired from work . but I should have done so regardless .

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Director Talks About DLC Pricing

By Sato . January 24, 2018 . 3:30amArc System Works recently revealed that half the 40-character roster of BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle will be available via paid DLC. Director Toshimichi Mori had more to share on that in an interview.

292 comments Read >

The pricing for the game in Japan is 5,800 yen. That’s pretty cheap compared to the average 6,800~8,400 yen we see in Japan. That said, sounds like getting all the DLC characters will go for somewhere around 2,000 yen ($18.26 USD) to 3,000 yen ($27.39 USD).

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle releases for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Japan and Asia on May 31, 2018. It’ll release in North America on June 5, 2018. Check our previous report for more information on the game’s DLC plans.

ok here's whatsmore recent

PlayStation 4, PC, Switch
[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle screenshots, character artworks[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 4 comments.

Over 90 new images.

BB-CTB-Screenshots_01-26-18.jpg

Arc System Works has launched the Japanese official website for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, which features over 90 screenshots and character artworks from the upcoming crossover fighter.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America. It will have a base roster of 20 characters and 20 downloadable content characters. Read more here.

View the screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source:
[FONT=&quot]Siliconera& [/FONT]Gematsu

Last edited:
will be interesting to see how they address the DLC issue.

and for me, the issue isn't even really the base roster of 20 or 20 DLC characters. The part that bugs me the most is that Blake and Yang will be DLC and not part of the main roster. The full Team RWBY should have been in the base game, give RWBY a full 4 character representation, the same as Persona ( 4 characters ) and UNIEL ( 4 characters ).

so, the base roster should have been 22 characters, including Blake and Yang. then add 18 more characters as DLC.

cuz that makes you wonder, will Blake and Yang not be part of the game's story mode assuming there will be one? will any of the DLC characters be part of the story mode? is there a story reason why not all of Team RWBY or the entire Persona 4 Investigation team didn't make the base roster?

hopefully, the story mode will be updated/continued to include the DLC characters. but that's not usually the case ( look at Injustice 2 or SF V story modes - they don't include any of the DLC characters ).

Last edited:
I have two things one I found in the gematsu comments of the last article I put up t6he one with yukiko

[FONT=&quot]Arc sysworks said on twitter that they have planned something to do.

[/FONT]
ArcSystemWorks @ArcSystemWorksU

We hear your voices, and will have something to present very soon.

Keep an eye out for more information regarding BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle DLC
5:30 PM - Jan 25, 2018
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
I found formerly.

the other is this below

Arc System Works America Will Share Info On BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’s DLC In The West Soon. January 26, 2018 . 5:00am

Fans have been concerned about how BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle’s DLC pricing will be handled in the West, and the recently established Arc System Works America Branch said it will share info on it soon.

41 comments Read >

To bring you up to speed, earlier this month, Arc System Works announced BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will add RWBY’s Blake Belladonna as a DLC character, who will be part of the 20 additional characters from DLC to be added to the core game with 20 characters for a total of 40 characters.

To address some fan concern, director Toshimichi Mori said in a recent interview that Arc System Works plan to release BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle at a lower price so more people can get a chance to play the game. He also added that those who purchase all the DLC plus the base game won’t be paying much more than they would in a full-priced game.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle releases for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Japan and Asia on May 31, 2018. It’ll release in North America on June 5, 2018.

And lastly, something I nearly missed this week

BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Character Popularity Poll – Midterm Rankings . January 22, 2018 . 7:00am

Arc System Works started a character popularity poll back in November as part of the BlazBlue series’ 10th anniversary this year. Here are the midterm rankings’ top-10 most popular characters.

86 comments Read >

Arc System Works started a character popularity poll back in November as part of the BlazBlue series’ 10th anniversary this year. Here are the midterm rankings’ top-10 most popular characters.

Here are the top-10 from 58,550 votes as of January 11:

• Ragna the Bloodedge – 5,029 votes
  • Hazama – 3,752 votes
  • Yuuki Terumi – 3,328 votes
  • Jin Kisaragi – 3,268 votes
  • Hibiki Kohaku – 3,202 votes
  • Mai Natsume – 2,553 votes
  • Noel Vermillion – 2,443 votes
  • Celica A. Mercury – 2,284 votes
  • Nu-13 – 2,027 votes
  • Es – 1,943 votes
If you haven’t done it yet, you can also throw in your votes for the BlazBlue 10th anniversary character popularity poll here. On the page, simply click on the blue ?? (Vote) button under your character of choice, followed by a confirmation. You can vote once per day.

The poll will be available until January 31 and the results will be announced sometime in early March.

BlazBlue’s first title was BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger which first released for arcades in Japan back in November 2008.

source:
[FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Last edited:
here's a new short gameplay vid.

[YT]bx541n0MxsM[/YT]

this game is looking so good.

guess I'm part of the "rewarding companies for bad DLC practices problem.....lol.

but I still think this game is a Day One for me, especially if the West gets a cool collector's/limited edition.

here's a new short gameplay vid.

guess I'm part of the "rewarding companies for bad DLC practices problem.....lol.

but I still think this game is a Day One for me, especially if the West gets a cool collector's/limited edition.
I re edited the article above on the middle article from siliconera and it's in both bold & REDabove you .. Fallowing up on what I picked up from Gematsu from a nother commenter there.

I re edited the article above on the middle article from siliconera and it's in both bold & REDabove you .. Fallowing up on what I picked up from Gematsu from a nother commenter there.

but so far, there hasn't been any official Western pricing info for base game and DLC. they just say......"soon."

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Invites New Players With Simpler Commands And Auto-Combos. January 29, 2018 . 1:00pm

Siliconera got to check out a demonstration of BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle at EVO Japan this weekend, where all 20 of the base game’s characters were made playable to try out in the crossover fighter.

65 comments Read >

Siliconera got to check out a demonstration of BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle at EVO Japan this weekend, where all 20 of the base game’s characters were made playable to try out in the crossover fighter.

The latest build that was shown off at EVO Japan 2018 featured all 20 characters from the base game, basically all the characters we’ve seen revealed thus far minus RWBY’s Blake Belladonna who will be available as a DLC character in addition to 19 others for a total of 40 with the base characters included.

At the BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle demonstration booth, Arc System Works’ Riku Ozawa of the development team was there to guide us through the demo and talked about some of its development. He recommends new players to go with Persona 4: Arena’s Yu Narukami or RWBY’s Ruby Rose as they’re both pretty easy to handle.

With that said, Arc System Works is focusing on simple commands and making BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle easier for beginners to pick up. The reason for this is so that new players who might be fans of RWBY can jump into it without feeling too intimidated by difficult moves and commands, especially if they’re not familiar with fighting games. Fans of the other series shouldn’t have any trouble picking up the game, but there are some small changes that might take some getting used to at first.

The first thing that is noticeable is that characters have more simplified commands. For example, the DP (Dragon Punch or Shoryuken) is performed by pressing two buttons at the same time, similar to the way Persona 4 Arena handles it. While it is easier to execute, it may feel a bit off for some of for BlazBlue veterans with changes such as Ragna’s Inferno Divider or Jin’s Rehhyo being performed by pressing square and X at the same time instead of the regular DP movement.

Those of you who’ve played BlazBlue, Guilty Gear,and other Arc System Works fighting games are familiar with the double tap to dash system, but in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle you dash the moment you press forward. However, you still have to double tap to dash in the air or backwards.

These aren’t the only changes, as several other moves from characters of BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, and Under Night In-Birth have been simplified for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, although according to Ozawa-san, you can more or less learn all the ins and outs of a character by putting in about an hour of practice time.

To further help new players, the game has an auto-combo system called “Smart Combo” where you can button mash the square or triangle button to pull off combos, including some aerials depending on the character. This feature isn’t anything new, as we’ve seen it in recent titles like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but from what we’ve noticed there isn’t much of a difference in damage output between using the Smart Combos and performing combos using the regular commands.

In the end you still need to learn how to pull off combos the old fashioned way to be optimal, but those who simply want to enjoy the game without going through hours of practice should be fine sticking with Smart Combos.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle releases for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Japan and Asia on May 31, 2018. It’ll release in North America on June 5, 2018. Check out our previous report for some info from the game’s producer on DLC pricing.

source:
[FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Same approach as Dragonball FighterZ then. Makes sense.

as a casual player, I don't mind the simplified approach, especially when it comes to combos. That's one thing I actually liked about MvCI.

anyways, it looks like the RoosterTeeth convention is this weekend. so, maybe we will get some more Western pricing info then.

maybe they'll surprise us and announce Blake and Yang will be included in the base roster after all.......lol.

cuz I'd imagine the RoosterTeeth/RWBY audience at the convention would be pretty salty about having to pay for half of Team RWBY as DLC........

Last edited:
Blake and Yang are free DLC, so that issue is taken care of. I think they may have been wanting the game out in time for EVO.

Which worked, because this game is going to be one of the events at EVO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"