BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (Platforms-TBD)

Blake and Yang are free DLC, so that issue is taken care of. I think they may have been wanting the game out in time for EVO.

Which worked, because this game is going to be one of the events at EVO.

yes!!

but where did you see/read this?

did they reveal Western pricing for base game and DLC?

^awesome, thanks!!

sucks Blake and Yang aren't on the base roster, but free is free. :)

now they just need to confirm Western pricing, limited editions, etc. and get the preorders open at retailers.

Blake and Yang are free DLC, so that issue is taken care of. I think they may have been wanting the game out in time for EVO.

Which worked, because this game is going to be one of the events at EVO.
yep

PlayStation 4, PC, Switch
[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle adds DLC character Yang Xiao Long; Blake and Yang to be free of charge[/FONT]

Published 5 hours ago. 50 comments.

Play the full RWBY team at no additional charge.

BlazBlue-CTB-DLC_02-06-18.jpg

Yang Xiao Long from RWBY will be a downloadable add-on character for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, and both she and the previously announced Blake Belladonna will be free of charge, developer Arc System Works announced.

The other two representatives from RWBY, Ruby Rose and Weiss Schnee, will be available as part of the game’s base roster.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America. It will have a base roster of 20 characters and 20 downloadable content characters. Read more here.

Prior to that

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Gameplay Shows Weiss, Yukiko, Noel, Hyde, And More In Action. February 5, 2018 . 2:00am

Arc System Works got to show off some BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle gameplay footage during a demonstration session at Taipei Game Show 2018, and we got a look at some of its action in an off-screen video.

67 comments Read >

Arc System Works got to show off some BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle gameplay footage during a demonstration session at Taipei Game Show 2018, and we got a look at some of its action in an off-screen video from Bahamut.

[YT]J0QuraSEra0[/YT]

The footage starts out with a tag team battle between Yukiko and Weiss vs. Hyde and Noel for the first match. The second one features a match up of Ruby and Linne vs. Noel and Linne. The third features Yu Narukami and Gordeau vs Ragna and Makoto. Lastly, the fourth matchup is Nu-13 and Yusuke against Waldstein and Yu.

In case you missed it, check out Siliconera’s play report on the game from a recent demo that took place in Japan during EVO Japan 2018. You can also read more about DLC pricing from the game’s director in our previous report

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle releases for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Japan and Asia on May 31, 2018. It’ll release in North America on June 5, 2018.
source:[FONT=&quot]Siliconera& [/FONT]Gematsu

damn!! Yang is stacked!! lol

I mean, she always has been.

I wonder what the release dates on the DLC will be. I imagine only having 20 characters for EVO will... annoy some people.

I mean, she always has been.

I wonder what the release dates on the DLC will be. I imagine only having 20 characters for EVO will... annoy some people.

that's true about Yang.....lol. but now it's even more so.

but I guess even Ruby is stacked in this game........lol.

I'm just surprised we don't have official Western pricing info yet. and no preorders yet.

one hour stream with new gameplay

[YT]m5XnQIou6-o[/YT]

I haven't seen the whole thing, but apparently, from what I've read about it, it seems they confirm Blake and Yang will be free DLC forever ( yay!! ). also, it seems there may be an English dub?

I mean, we have seen Ruby with her American voice actress. So it makes sense that they would be dubbing the game.

I mean, we have seen Ruby with her American voice actress. So it makes sense that they would be dubbing the game.

but ppl weren't sure if only RWBY characters got dubs or the whole game.

one hour stream with new gameplay

[YT]m5XnQIou6-o[/YT]

I haven't seen the whole thing, but apparently, from what I've read about it, it seems they confirm Blake and Yang will be free DLC forever ( yay!! ). also, it seems there may be an English dub?
indeed it is with the latter

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Confirmed To Have English Dubs. February 8, 2018 . 12:30am

During a recent live stream hosted by Arc System Works America, it was confirmed that the upcoming crossover fighter BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will come with English dubs.

112 comments Read >

source:[FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Blake gameplay

Definitely looks good.

damn!! Blake looks so good!!

can't wait to see her super move(s) and Yang in action.

hope we get Western pricing soon ( thought I read somewhere it could be today ). I'm ready to preorder this, especially if there's a cool limited edition.

so, finally some info on Western pricing and Dubs.

http://shoryuken.com/2018/02/15/bla...s-pricing-english-dubbing-questions-answered/

to sum up:

- Full English dub ( for all characters ) plus dual audio option
- Pricing:

• Retail price for physical and digital: $49.99
  • Individual DLC packs (there are six): $4.99
  • Complete DLC bundle: $19.99
  • Deluxe Digital Edition (the game with all the DLC): $69.99
  • The first DLC pack, which includes Platinum, Orie, and Kanji, is free for everyone at launch.
  • Per earlier confirmation, Blake Belladona and Yang Xiao Long will be free to download
Disappointed no word on a limited/collectors edition. still holding out hope for that.

Base game at $50, full DLC at $20, and $70 for everything isn't so bad. If I can get this at Best Buy, then my GC discount would bring the base game down to $40 and $60 for everything.

hopefully the preorder pages will go up now that we have prices.

Last edited:
It's a pity Yang will likely be the last character. Sadly, this rushing it seems to have worked, since it is at Evo. Hopefully the game doesn't suffer for it.

so, finally some info on Western pricing and Dubs.

http://shoryuken.com/2018/02/15/bla...s-pricing-english-dubbing-questions-answered/

to sum up:

- Full English dub ( for all characters ) plus dual audio option
- Pricing:

• Retail price for physical and digital: $49.99
  • Individual DLC packs (there are six): $4.99
  • Complete DLC bundle: $19.99
  • Deluxe Digital Edition (the game with all the DLC): $69.99
  • The first DLC pack, which includes Platinum, Orie, and Kanji, is free for everyone at launch.
  • Per earlier confirmation, Blake Belladona and Yang Xiao Long will be free to download
Disappointed no word on a limited/collectors edition. still holding out hope for that.

Base game at $50, full DLC at $20, and $70 for everything isn't so bad. If I can get this at Best Buy, then my GC discount would bring the base game down to $40 and $60 for everything.

hopefully the preorder pages will go up now that we have prices.
hmm this is about correct. butthe head of ark systems said some too. it's in red below

PlayStation 4, PC, Switch
[FONT=&quot]BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle U.S. game and DLC pricing announced[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 31 comments.

$49.99 for the base game, $69.99 for base game and all DLC characters.

BB-CTB-Pricing_02-15-18.jpg

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will cost $49.99 and be released both physically and digitally in North America, publisher and developer Arc System Works announced.

The six “Cross Tag Character Packs,” which includes three characters per pack, will cost $4.99 each.

A “Cross Tag Character Collection” including all six Cross Tag Character Packs can be purchased for $19.99, which is $9.95 less than purchasing each pack individually.

The first Cross Tag Character Pack, which includes additional characters Platinum The Trinity, Orie, and Kanji Tatsumi, will be available for free for the first two weeks following release.

A Digital Deluxe Edition including the full game and all six Cross Tag Character Packs will also be available for $69.99.

Speaking to
Destructoid
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Batle
producer Toshimichi Mori discussed Arc System Works’
faulty initial messaging
regarding the downloadable content.

“I’m in total agreement,” Mori said. “We’ve been making efforts to make the price accessible for everyone, but we should have communicated it a lot more clearly though so we didn’t have that misunderstanding. Our first mistake was announcing [fighter] Blake as downloadable content before saying he was free.

What should have happened is that we should have said Blake is coming as downloadable content for free. But because of so many events late last year and early this year, we wanted to announce things little by little. Unfortunately the first announcement was muddled. We said Blake was downloadable content but we should have announced it all at once. That caused confusion and Arc is very sorry for that.”
Mori added, “But at the same time not everyone is going to agree or understand what the developer thinks. From the development side it’s hard to convince everyone, but if we listen to everyone we’ll go bankrupt. So what we can do is try to design downloadable content in a way where more people are understanding about it, which is basically all that we can do. I do agree with some people that downloadable content should be in the game to begin with, but thinking about the business side that isn’t always the case. As creators it’s always fun to continue developing for a certain title, but without the gamer’s support it’s hard. For more people to understand what downloadable content stands for, we can make efforts to clarify in the future how it fits into the game as a whole. Hopefully we’ll create a broader perspective.”

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America.
source:Gematsu

yeah, when they announced the release date and DLC plans, they should have also given the full pricing info and explained which DLC will be free.

anyways, I still see people online ******** about the price and DLC. it's like they expect the base game to cost $30 or something or the DLC to be free........

paying $70 for everything is a lot better than paying $90 or $100 or more as you would with some other games.

I mean, Injustice 2 was $60 for base game and $40 for the all-in DLC package. And that DLC only gave you, what, 9 additional characters?

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite was $60 ( at launch ) and the Season Pass with 6 characters is $30.

Here, we are getting 18 paid DLC characters ( since Blake and Yang will be free forever ) for $20, with the 1st 3 of those characters being free for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is bargain price DLC. Which is good, because most of these characters are just reused assets. They only reason they aren't in the game are because they wanted it out for Evo.

I can understand the reused assets argument. and I'm hoping there will be at least a few more RWBY characters included in the DLC. I think we should at least get a villain like Cinder and maybe someone from Team JNPR.

and I'm still holding out hope for a surprise Persona 5 character as DLC.

I am half tempted to get the Blazblue collection on sale on Steam. Also kind of eyeing a joystick, since I seem to be looking at a few fighting games for Switch.

yeah, when they announced the release date and DLC plans, they should have also given the full pricing info and explained which DLC will be free.

anyways, I still see people online ******** about the price and DLC. it's like they expect the base game to cost $30 or something or the DLC to be free........

paying $70 for everything is a lot better than paying $90 or $100 or more as you would with some other games.

I mean, Injustice 2 was $60 for base game and $40 for the all-in DLC package. And that DLC only gave you, what, 9 additional characters?

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite was $60 ( at launch ) and the Season Pass with 6 characters is $30.

Here, we are getting 18 paid DLC characters ( since Blake and Yang will be free forever ) for $20, with the 1st 3 of those characters being free for 2 weeks.

oh there wasone last thing that Gematus didsn't put up. but siliconera did.

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle DLC Pricing For The United States, Comments From The Producer . February 16, 2018 . 12:00am

Arc System Works announced the DLC pricing for Japan earlier and they followed up with information on pricing for the United States. Producer Toshimichi Mori also shared some comments about the game’s DLC.

77 comments Read >

Mori also shared his opinion on the current state of DLC and how necessary it is for fighting games:
“For me, DLC can present a bit of a surprise for gamers. It also helps games to survive in the long term. But at the same time not everyone is going to agree or understand what the developer thinks. From the development side it’s hard to convince everyone, but if we listen to everyone we’ll go bankrupt. So what we can do is try to design DLC in a way where more people are understanding about it, which is basically all that we can do. I do agree with some people that DLC should be in the game to begin with, but thinking about the business side that isn’t always the case. As creators it’s always fun to continue developing for a certain title, but without the gamer’s support it’s hard. For more people to understand what DLC stands for, we can make efforts to clarify in the future how it fits into the game as a whole. Hopefully we’ll create a broader perspective.”

Lastly, Mori was asked how the development of BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is going for the Switch, considering it’s one of the first times the developers worked on it:
“We are having some trouble, but mostly because it’s a new console. But we planned to release on the Switch in the beginning, so there was always R&D taking place. One of the key concepts for Cross Tag Battle was to play a fighter using a gamepad. The Switch allows that but in order to provide the full experience we had to make sure it would run well. I’ve been playing the game on Switch at my office and it’s running smoothly and really fun to play on the Switch. For future games it is a possibility for us.”

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle releases for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in Japan and Asia on May 31, 2018. You can check out its latest trailer revealing the three new DLC characters Platinum the Trinity, Kanji Tatsumi, and Orie in our previous report.

source:[FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Last edited:
Welp, bought the BlazBlue collection on steam. Nice deal. Time to devour the anime fighting.

some new gameplay

[YT]-6UPpaoRKbk[/YT]

Weiss and Ruby look really good. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"