Blazing Saddles is being remade as a cats versus dogs movie called Blazing Samurai

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Blazing Saddles Is Being Remade as an Animated Samurai Movie About Cats and Dogs

Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles is considered a film classic, even though it's stirred up some controversy over the years. Now the film is being retold in an entirely new medium, as well as an entirely new genre.

The Los Angeles film company Align is helping develop an animated film titled Blazing Samurai. The film takes the basic premise of Blazing Saddles and transplants it to the Samurai era. The story follows a dog named Hank who dreams of becoming a Samurai. When he becomes in charge of protecting Kakamucho, he learns that the town is populated entirely by cats.

Geez it’s going to take me a lot to bring me round to this

That doesn't sound anything like 'Blazing Saddles' except for the very basic premise of an outsider becoming a protector of a town of opposites who don't want him there.

I'm not even that big a fan of the original Blazing Saddles! I'll pass on this.

They couldn't think of an animal word to put in the title?

"Someone's gonna have to back...and get a ****LOAD of treats..."

So they're doing a dog saviour type story where it's the dog saving the cats?

Doesn't this seem a bit like the Last Samurai instead of Blazing Saddles?
That's why the title is portmanteau of both?

How very brave!

don’t forget creative!

geez talk about corporate sanitisation. It’s funny because, like if ever there was a time to talk about the awkwardness of race relations surely now would be it. But just being like “make them cats and dogs so no one gets offended”. It’s so crass but hilarious.

oh well. Good to see some silliness every now and then I think

don’t forget creative!

geez talk about corporate sanitisation. It’s funny because, like if ever there was a time to talk about the awkwardness of race relations surely now would be it. But just being like “make them cats and dogs so no one gets offended”. It’s so crass but hilarious.

oh well. Good to see some silliness every now and then I think

Eh... This is not new:

Maus-web-640x342.jpg

R-13263668-1550972216-4820.jpeg.jpg

Nor is it automatically, sight unseen, crass or what not.

This scene from An American Tail is specifically an allusion to Antisemetic pogroms which were common in Russia and Eastern Europe for a very long time.

I would also look at the pedigree of the people involved before jumping to any conclusions:

The film is directed by Mark Koetsier and produced by animation legend Rob Minkoff, who directed The Lion King (1994). Its voice cast includes Michael Cera, Samuel L. Jackson, Ricky Gervais, George Takei, Michelle Yeoh, Djimon Hounsou and Mel Brooks.

And without seeing anything from it yet... I can't tell whether this is gonna be closer to Sausage Party or Shreck, and neither can anyone else. Let's keep the powder dry.

I was hoping this would be a satirical article.

It isn't, and I'm all the more concerned for the future.

Judging completely by this old poster, and the fact we’re 3 years out from its original release date (2017!), I bet this will hit straight to streaming and lost to the avalanche of other crap out there.

5321c71caf2e6589f4c47e613331aad5.png

Judging completely by this old poster, and the fact we’re 3 years out from its original release date (2017!), I bet this will hit straight to streaming and lost to the avalanche of other crap out there.

5321c71caf2e6589f4c47e613331aad5.png
3z4lj1zwd5521.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"