The greatest muppet movie of all time!!!

The DVD/Blu-ray comes out March 20th. It looks like the Blu-ray is going to have some incredible extras: bloopers, deleted scenes, an extended version of Tex Richman's rap, and footage from the table read. I can't wait to buy it.

The DVD/Blu-ray comes out March 20th. It looks like the Blu-ray is going to have some incredible extras: bloopers, deleted scenes, an extended version of Tex Richman's rap, and footage from the table read. I can't wait to buy it.
i've also heard it comes with a download code for the soundtrack, thats if people haven't got it yet.

Woot glad they did include delete scenes/bloopers. Since there was about 50mins worth of things I read that got cut for time.

Looks like a Sequel is a go:
http://www.vulture.com/2012/03/new-...-without-jason-segel.html?mid=twitter_vulture
New Muppets Movie Going Ahead, But Without Jason Segel As a Writer

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • ShareThis Counter
  • Email

A deal has been reached with The Muppets director James Bobin and original co-writer Nicholas Stoller to pen a sequel, but insiders also tell us that Stoller's original collaborator, Jason Segel, won't be returning to the keyboard. Segel, a star of How I Met Your Mother — now in its eighth season — has a burgeoning film career, and Disney insiders tell Vulture that between his commitment to the CBS sitcom, his other feature-writing efforts, and promotional work for Five Year Engagement (due out this coming April) and Judd Apatow's This Is Forty (in December), there won't be time to collaborate on a Muppets sequel.

Shame, really: Segel and Stoller first pitched their idea for a Muppets sequel to Disney in 2008, just before Segel had proven his genius for blood-sucking puppetry in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. We suspect he'll be missed. He is, after all, a muppet of a man.

A Segel spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment, but we're told by our Disney insiders that there's still a chance that the actor may star in a Muppets sequel, depending on how the Stoller-Bobin script turns out.

I can't stop listening to the soundtrack and I' am glad that there's a sequel on the way.

But will Bret McKenzie return to write the songs? I hope so.

Bret NEEDS to return, I'll be severely disappointed if he doesn't. Though I'd still go see it. :o

If they can't get Jason Segel to come back, it'd be awesome if they got Paul Rudd.

I don't see why he won't return for music. He has the love and care for it. As seen when he won oscar. And I do hope segal returns as gary. But that of course is up to his schedule for tv and film commitments. Also even though he isn't helping on script right now. Maybe he could do a draft later.

There's also a possibility he could give imput during filming if he returns.

It'd be interesting to see Segel return as Gary, I think that'd be the first time a human character was brought back for a Muppet movie. But it would be fantastic if Bret McKenzie came back to do the songs, his work on the new movie was fantastic.

It would be nice for him to return.. I enjoy gary and he and the others did well with script. So crossing fingers he will be back. And like I said he could always do touchups on script later or during filming.

Bret NEEDS to return, I'll be severely disappointed if he doesn't. Though I'd still go see it. :o

If they can't get Jason Segel to come back, it'd be awesome if they got Paul Rudd.

I've never thought about it but wow... Paul Rudd does seem to fit with the Muppets.

Funny thing is Paul Rudd was originally supposed to be "human" Walter in "Man or Muppet"

Screenshot2012-03-01at64001PM.png

Looks like Walmart is going to have their own exclusive release for the movie, complete with finger puppets!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Muppets-Blu-ray-DVD-with-Finger-Puppets-Exclusive-Widescreen/19596875

Those are some sweet looking finger puppets.

Also, if not Jason or Paul...maybe Neil Patrick Harris. I love that scene when he's on the phone for the fundraiser and you hear him say "Yeah, I don't know why they didn't ask me to host either."

so will the second focus again on walter or will he be reduced to a background character

No clue this early in. Since they are just starting to workk on script. We probably won't know for a few more months.

Well, it doesn't look like Jason Segel will be in the sequel. Ah well. The Muppets are still in good hands.
Jason Segel needs to take a break from the Muppets. Last week we heard that James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller, the director and co-writer of The Muppets, respectively, are working on a script for a sequel to the 2011 movie that brought Kermit the Frog back to the big screen along with all of his friends.

Jason Segel provided the prime momentum behind getting that movie made. He drove the development of the story and co-wrote the script in addition to starring in the movie. But the years of work required to make the film a reality have evidently filled his personal quota for working with felt co-stars, at least for the time being. The actor said this weekend that in addition to leaving the sequel writing duties to others, he won’t star in the sequel.

Segel told Collider,

It’s true [that I'm not involved writing the sequel] but it’s totally amicable. My goal was to bring The Muppets back and I did that, leaving them in very good hands, my writing partner and James Bobin the director. I did what I set out to do, and now I wanna pursue more human-related projects (laughs)… All I wanted to do was to set the stage for them to do whatever they wanted. I’m sure I’ll return in some capacity here and there, but that was half a decade of my life. Five years of hard work. I’m ready for a little puppet break.

His comments leave room for some sort of cameo or other small appearance in whatever the Muppets sequel ends up being, but it looks like we’ll see a lot more of Walter, the new Muppet Segel created as his co-star for last year’s movie, than we will of Segel himself.
http://www.slashfilm.com/jason-segel-wont-star-the-muppets-sequel/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"