Blizzard's Overwatch shared(more games beside TF2 style) game univers

Overwatch walks players through the addition of competitive play

April 7, 2016 6 Comments

Are you ready to compete against other Overwatch players to see who is truly the best person playing the game? If you answered in the negative, well, this post is probably not going to change your mind.

But you might still be happy with the way that the game is handling its competitive side, as detailed extensively in a new video about the most recent test patch introducing competitive play.

Competitive play is locked until players reach level 25 to ensure that you have some time and space to get decent at the game before jumping into the deep end while also allowing players who live for the competition to get in reasonably quickly. It’s also set up to account for varying queue sizes organically, allowing you to enter competitive matches with as many or as few friends as you’d like. Check out the full walkthrough of this first iteration in the video below.
Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/
http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/07/overwatch-walks-players-through-the-addition-of-competitive-play/

Overwatch : Closed Beta to End on April 25th

Posted Apr 18, 2016

Blizzard has announced that the closed beta phase of development for Overwatch will end on April 25th.
From May 5th to 9th, everyone is invited to participate in the open beta, with official launch taking place on May 24th.
Our sincerest thanks to all of our Closed Beta testers and everyone in the Overwatch community for participating in this critical part of the game’s development process. Over the past several months, you've shared tons of amazing feedback—and we've collected payloads of useful data—to help us balance, tweak, and fine-tune our heroes, maps, core game systems, and more. We hope you had a blast, and we can't wait to fight alongside everyone on May 24.
Read the full announcement on the Overwatch site.

[YT]OoYGzPtehBQ[/YT]

Permalink | 2 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#lJ6HwS7oxRJqZ4JZ.99

source: MMORPG.com

Blizzard begins distributing Overwatch’s digital goodies

April 20, 2016 5 Comments

If you haven’t noticed, Blizzard sure does love to cross-promote its games through special edition extras. Encouraging players to explore the entire Blizzard ecosystem is a sound strategy to keep the money somewhere in the studio’s domain.

In this spirit, Overwatch has started to distribute digital goods in Blizzard’s other titles to players who have pre-purchased the Origins Edition of the upcoming multiplayer shooter through the Battle.net shop. The $60 edition includes a Baby Winston pet in World of Warcraft, Mercy’s Gaze wings in Diablo III, several player portraits in Starcraft II, Tracer as a playable character in Heroes of the Storm, and an Overwatch card backing for Hearthstone.

The edition also includes Origins skins for Overwatch, which will unlock when the game goes live. Players who pre-ordered somewhere else or who might elect to wait to buy until a later date can nab these digital items on or after the game’s May 24th launch.
Read more

Via: Massivelyop.com/

source: Overwatch

Overwatch : McCree Stars in Free Digital Comic, Train Hopper

Posted Apr 21, 2016

McCree fans who love the Clint Eastwood-esque character will be happy to hear that he is starring in brand new digital (and free!) comic called Train Hopper.
McCree's story is the first in a series designed to introduce Overwatch players to the characters in the game.
The comic is written by Blizzard's Robert Brooks and illustrated by Bengal who has also created artwork for Spider-Gwen, All-New Wolverine and Batgirl.
Check out McCree's comic by visiting the special Overwatch comic site.
[FONT=arial !important]
[/FONT]

Permalink | 1 Comment

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#BWkd6pCctQ6O6bbX.99

ok Here's something in case the article from pc gamesN wasn't good enough. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1202/

Overwatch : The Fall Of Titan, The Rise Of Overwatch

Posted Apr 24, 2016

GameSpot has produced a trio of videos featuring interviews with several members of the Blizzard development team behind the cancelled project Titan.
In these candid interviews developers acknowledge mistakes made on Titan and the pain of the failure. However, out of the ashes of Titan came Overwatch, set to be released in May. You can watch all three videos, about an hour's worth of interviews, below. Let us know what you think in the comments!
In other news, it appears that the Overwatch-branded Ford F650 truck driven by Soldier 76 in partnership with Uber was involved in a fender bender yesterday. Fortunately, no one was injured, though the car that was hit by the massive truck didn't fare so well.

[YT]jq-HwvYjLLg[/YT]

Permalink | 44 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#7M31FmmSsd5IGqtX.99

Overwatch : Adding Depth to the Game & Ready for Release

Posted Apr 25, 2016

Just weeks before its release Overwatch had a huge presence at PAX East this year. We got the chance to play a few games which is always fun, but also we had time to sit with the development team and ask a few questions going into launch. Fans certainly lined up in droves as happens with most Blizzard games, but this year Overwatch has added depth to the game right before release. Something the fans had been asking about.
Read more of Garrett Fuller's Overwatch: Adding Depth to the Game & Ready for Release.
[FONT=arial !important]
We asked the team how feedback has gone since the early closed beta this fall. In working directly with their community the team has been able to implement feedback much faster than expected. It has maintained a very positive attitude from the fans and devs working together. A lot of highly competitive tournaments have begun as the team keeps very close watch on statistics. These tournaments and the huge level of metrics the team captures have really led to a fine tuning for balance that is required in Overwatch.
Progression is something the team takes very seriously. Fans of the game did not want to see a power progression creep into the game. The team felt strongly that once you added levels it would quickly eliminate playing with your friends. They did not want tiers of players based on power. So all of the progression is about customization. Rewards are given through loot boxes which drop to surprise players will different rewards.
OW1_t.jpg
The lore of Overwatch has also been something that continues to expand. Blizzard has plans for more animated shorts, digital comics, and even a graphic novel down the line. They want the world to continue to grow and create a more in depth future as players build up within the game.
Next we asked about what goes into building a hero. There is basically a three prong approach to hero builds. Sometimes the team has a great story they want to put into the game Hero ‘76 was this type of character. He also fills the need of bringing in a certain player type who might like shooters. Other times heroes may appear in a piece of concept art. The character has such a great look, they suddenly are scrambling to find the right abilities and story that fit such an amazing work of art. Last way is that they have a list of abilities they really want to add into the game and need to find the right character to pull them off.
OW2.jpg
Once they have a hero balanced they keep a close eye on how well the hero does and what role they play in the game. This allows them to keep balance on certain heroes and watch how well they do with team combos. Overwatch wants to make sure players have a lot of options. They do not want to see just one team winning all the time, so they are very mindful of making sure the combinations remain open.
Right now the team is focused to ship the game. Once done there will be plenty of ideas for characters and maps coming in the future. Overwatch is now a solid game ready to hit the masses. We’re excited for launch.

Article By: Garrett Fuller
Created On: April 25, 2016

[/FONT]

Overwatch comic has dragons, smashes them

18 hours ago

The second issue of Blizzard’s Overwatch comic has been published online, allowing you another glimpse into the hero shooter’s colourful...
Read more

next up

Overwatch open beta - everything you need to know

18 hours ago
Comments 3

After what probably feels like a full decade of waiting, Overwatch will finally be publicly playable in early May for a scant week before final...
Read more

lastly

The best Overwatch characters in each class

13 hours ago
Comments 1

Overwatch is now entering open beta, soon to be released on May 24, and its cast of heroes is now locked down. 21 men, women, robots and every...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

Overwatch : Winston Asks, 'Are You With Us?'

Posted May 02, 2016

Blizzard has released a new Overwatch http://buyoverwatch.comtrailer that seems to be a continuation of the first look at one of the game's main stars, Winston.

In this new video to get players excited for tomorrow's open beta launch, Winston asks, 'Are you with us?" Well, are you? Check it out!
[YT]pwFu8kEsUW4[/YT]
Permalink | 13 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#cpWw6k3H8gt5bUUB.99

Trying the beta for this now, its pretty solid but basic shooter, all looks very clean and straight forward to pick up and play but nothing groundbreaking. The characters are also nicely drawn and animated it has that certain style to it and reminds me a bit of Timesplitters, fast manic mayhem.

Not sold on it being a full price purchase as its not especially deep but for a quick pick up and play its alright.

I was super on the fence about this, but my buddy gave me a beta code and I've been playing all night. I'm having a ball. Definitely pre-ordering tomorrow.

I don't see it being better than Battleborn for me, I just don't. BB has a legit campaign.. And it's fun and funny as all hell. Everything I've seen on OW just looks like a rather paint by numbers online shooter. I'll try the beta and maybe it will change my mind.. But I highly doubt it.

Trying the beta for this now, its pretty solid but basic shooter, all looks very clean and straight forward to pick up and play but nothing groundbreaking. The characters are also nicely drawn and animated it has that certain style to it and reminds me a bit of Timesplitters, fast manic mayhem.

Not sold on it being a full price purchase as its not especially deep but for a quick pick up and play its alright.

I agree with that it is basic, but I think that's one of the reasons I'm enjoying the beta as much as I am. But yeah, not sure if I'll plop down for it at full price.

I don't see it being better than Battleborn for me, I just don't. BB has a legit campaign.. And it's fun and funny as all hell. Everything I've seen on OW just looks like a rather paint by numbers online shooter. I'll try the beta and maybe it will change my mind.. But I highly doubt it.

Is Battleborn a shooter? I was thinking it was like a strategy game or something. I like the artstyle much more in Overwatch, but does Battleborn have an actual campaign? That's pretty cool, pretty sure that OW won't if I recall right.

wait??!! Battleborn has a campaign?? a single player story mode??

I thought both BB and Overwatch were online MP only.

I mean......I'd love if Overwatch had a single player story campaign, because the characters and lore are so interesting.

I just didn't care for anything about Battleborn. The humor and most of the designs are ripped straight out of the Borderlands games. I wished they had just made Borderlands 3 instead of Battleborn. I found that beta awful.

I'm more interested in Overwatch than Battleborn.

I like the style of OW more, but I really don't know anything about Battleborn. I haven't been following it at all. Not really been following this either, but I got a beta code.

Isn't the beta opened to everyone starting tomorrow?

Isn't the beta opened to everyone starting tomorrow?

Yes. I got an early access code from a friend who pre-ordered the game through Amazon. They gave out two, apparently. But yes, tomorrow I think is open access to everyone

Thank you Tron. Very excited to finally play this. :up:

thanks guys.

so, I can just go to the PS store and download the beta for free starting tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"