The Game Awards 2016

Congrats to Overwatch. Glad Doom and TitanFall 2 made the list.

Uncharted 4 is still my game of the year. No problem with what got the awards this year. We all have our own favorites and views.

Providing none of the following get delayed, i'm going to go ahead and give my predictions for next years Game of the Year nominees:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

- Mass Effect: Andromeda

- some unannounced indie game

WINNER: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

So we are clear.

- The show was boring.

- The categories not only didn't make sense, no explanation for who won and the awards continually went to the wrong games.

- Two of the musical acts were irrelevant and provided nothing but length to the show.

- The "voters" basically gave the awards to themselves and their friends.

- We were told we'd avoid pre-rendered footage... and got a lot of pre-rendered footage.

- A ton of advertising and shilling.

- Very little time dedicated to the awards.

God it was bad.

The advertising and shilling is the only reason most people, including myself, are interested in these things. The awards part if the show is super dumb and always has been.

Yeah, every year i only care about the world premieres rather than the actual awards.

The advertising and shilling is the only reason most people, including myself, are interested in these things. The awards part if the show is super dumb and always has been.
I am not talking about trailers. I am talking about all the other stuff. Trailers are apart of the event. Trying to sell stuff on the show, especially with the awards, that is different.

I am not talking about trailers. I am talking about all the other stuff. Trailers are apart of the event. Trying to sell stuff on the show, especially with the awards, that is different.

Come now Darth, you know those dirty dew-chugging neckbeards need a shave, and what better way to promote that then The Schick Hydrobot

CypQGtHXAAA749g.jpg

Geoff knows what we want. :o

Image approved by Hideo Kojima

Providing none of the following get delayed, i'm going to go ahead and give my predictions for next years Game of the Year nominees:

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Horizon: Zero Dawn

- Mass Effect: Andromeda

- some unannounced indie game

WINNER: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I'm one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys around, but I doubt Zelda is gonna top Red Dead 2. That game is gonna be a juggernaut.

I'm one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys around, but I doubt Zelda is gonna top Red Dead 2. That game is gonna be a juggernaut.

Red dead beat a main Zelda game? Impossible.

Based on what we've seen so far, I have no doubt that Zelda will be anything less than good, but I'm not convinced it's going to be some amazing game.

On the other hand, we've seen literally no gameplay of Red Dead, combining that with the fact that I think Red Dead Redemption is an overrated game (though still great), I'm not convinced RDR 2 is going to be anything special either.

Having said that, I'm certain they'll be both be GOTY contenders next year. I would also throw in Persona 5 as a strong contender. Horizon as well. I would also mention Scalebound as a potential dark horse.

Red dead beat a main Zelda game? Impossible.

Considering the last main 3D Zelda game was trash, I wouldn't be surprised if Red Dead did beat it. The nostalgia goggles are off for a lot folks these days. Nintendo is going to have really bring it with Breath of the Wild.

The new Zelda is gonna be great, no doubt there, but my money is on Red Dead.

Wow, I watched some of the highlights from last night....oh boy. I'm really glad I decided to wait to watch it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"