1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Playstation Bloodborne

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Benstamania, May 3, 2014.

1. OtherwiseKnownAs We live inside a dream (P)(he/him/his)

Really hope the rumours of a PC port are true. I've already Platinumed this thing, and have sunk hundreds of hours into it, but the possibility of playing this in [email protected] is too good to pass up.

Iceman likes this.
  2. OtherwiseKnownAs We live inside a dream (P)(he/him/his)

If you haven't already, try not to look up anything about the influences or lore of the game. For the first half, you think it's going one way, and then the horror completely changes.

Iceman likes this.
  3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Oh right. Appreciate the advice. :up:

4. Marvolo Registered

Bluepoint doing the remaster is great news. FromSoftware did a lazy ass job with the Dark Souls remaster.

5. The Infernal Mky Mk

A sequel would be great, but if they do a remaster too I would hope they add additional content to that also.

6. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    I don’t think it really needs a remaster this game has aged really well really hope they do a sequel

7. OtherwiseKnownAs We live inside a dream (P)(he/him/his)

I’m okay with Bluepoint doing a remaster, and I’m very okay with them doing a PC port, but I’m not sure I want them to do a sequel.

Well.. they can do a sequel just call it Castlevania.

Iceman likes this.
  8. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    From The Last of Us to Uncharted trilogy to Uncharted 4 and then to this. I think Sony will remaster their ps4 games for the ps5 (similar to ps3 classics being ported/remastered for the ps4). If not a remaster, a remake like Shadow of the Colossus/Demons Soul.

9. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

I don't know how I feel about a sequel without Miyazaki involved. It reminds me of Dark Souls 2 case.

I don't doubt Bluepoint's quality, but Miyazaki's brain is just different.

10. Marvolo Registered

It might be good to get a fresh and different perspective for the franchise. Miyazaki hasn't really brought anything new to the franchise, aside from minor mechanic alterations, after 5 games, and he's very stuck in his ways.

11. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

This is why I say "soulslike" is in its infancy as a genre. Its still basically just the work of one dude, with other studios perhaps trying to clone his efforts but not otherwise bringing anything new to the field. As a genre, it has its Doom and Quake, but it doesn't yet have its Half-Life or Unreal or Goldeneye.

12. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Just beat this one today, really loved it, the world design is just amazing, playing with the threaded cane made this feel more like a 3d Castlevania game than the actual 3d Castlevania games, and while tough it rarely felt unfair, got all the trophies except the Yharnam Queen, but the chalice dungeons just bore me so I'll probably either skip that one or come back later. I just wish the last bosses were tougher, Gherman and Moon Presence should get some kind of buff if you've done the DLC's, they felt so easy after Laurence and the absolute hell that was fighting Orphan of Kos.

#688 KillerMcQueen, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022