Playstation Bloodborne

Got the email without getting a code for the theme. Just finished talking with Sony chat and I had to send them a picture of my Plat trophy so they can get around to sending me the code. Odd way to do things.

Edit: Got my code and the theme is nice. :D

Last edited:
They sent me 2 emails. One saying that I dominated the game. Then, two days later, another with the code for the theme. So they were probably still going to send you.

I'm thinking of playing New Game +, but this time with an Arcane build. There's so much stuff there that I wasn't able to use and they look really cool.

Well if I get another code then someone else can have it and act like they beat Bloodborne. :p

I don't think so, unfortunately.
People are betting on Tenchu or Shadow Tower. I don't know any of those.

They've given us Dark Souls and Bloodborne. The next thing will probably have Shadow in the title. Might be Shadowborne. Or From Software may be doing a reboot or a sequel to Shadow Tower.

Shadow Tower is a game from the 90s. This is what Wikipedia says about Shadow Tower:

The game is set on the continent of Eclipse, in the Holy Land of Zeptar. The player takes the role of a mercenary named Ruus Hardy. Returning home to Zeptar, he finds that the entire city, as well as the central tower, have been sucked into the underworld. He meets an old man who gives him the Dark One's sword, the only weapon which can injure the demons responsible. Swearing to rescue the old woman who raised him, as well as the rest of Zeptar, Ruus descends into the underworld.

It's been 8 months and I still have my Plat theme up.

It's really nice. :D

There has been so much demand for this game to come to PC proper. 5 years ago I still would have said no way, but things are very different in this day and age.

One of the biggest rumors about the Ps5 reveal event is a Demon's Souls remake as a launch title. If it turns out being true, it's definitely going to reinvigorate demand for a Bloodborne sequel.
On one hand, a Demon Souls remake would probably be a lot better then the original, which would be nice. On the otherhand, I'd much rather have Bloodborne 2, which has a lot of rumors attached to it as well.

On one hand, a Demon Souls remake would probably be a lot better then the original, which would be nice. On the otherhand, I'd much rather have Bloodborne 2, which has a lot of rumors attached to it as well.
Well that's (potential) good news for you. If the rumored Demon's Souls remake is real, and it turns out to be hugely successful, that would pave the way for Bluepoint games to develop the sequel to Bloodborne. That's the way I see it, it anyway.

Well that's (potential) good news for you. If the rumored Demon's Souls remake is real, and it turns out to be hugely successful, that would pave the way for Bluepoint games to develop the sequel to Bloodborne. That's the way I see it, it anyway.
A proper Bloodeborne 2 would come from FromSoft and no one else. There isn't really a point of it without Miyazaki.

I don't think that's happening man. Miyazaki said he's done with Souls & Bloodborne.
Bloodborne is his favorite game. He has said before he isn't responsible for making the decision on a sequel though, it's Sony. So if Sony signs off on it, he'll make Bloodborne 2 imo. Especially as he has a few regrets about the game, like the gems and chalice dungeons.

Honestly, I don't think they will ever be done with these types of games. Sekiro, for all that was different about it, was very much in the same style. Elden Ring will be as well. Bloodborne 2 will happen imo. It is just a question of when. Considering the first was early in the PS4 life cycle, I can see that happening again with the sequel.

Bloodborne is his favorite game. He has said before he isn't responsible for making the decision on a sequel though, it's Sony. So if Sony signs off on it, he'll make Bloodborne 2 imo. Especially as he has a few regrets about the game, like the gems and chalice dungeons.

Honestly, I don't think they will ever be done with these types of games. Sekiro, for all that was different about it, was very much in the same style. Elden Ring will be as well. Bloodborne 2 will happen imo. It is just a question of when. Considering the first was early in the PS4 life cycle, I can see that happening again with the sequel.
My interpretation of what he said is that he doesn't want to make another Souls game or a Bloodborne sequel but since Sony owns the Bloodborne IP, if they wanted a sequel, they could put it into production even if that means without him.

Sekiro as a new IP was meant to be separate from the Souls series although I know for longtime fans of the series it's seen as pretty much another Souls game, same with the upcoming Elden Ring

Bloodborne is a different IP from Souls though. Just like Sekiro. We will see what happens. After what happened with Dark Souls 2, I have a hard time seeing him let someone else direct one of his babies. But I have been wrong before.

What is Bloodborne like compared to Souls? How similar? I haven’t played it.

Bloodborne is a different IP from Souls though. Just like Sekiro. We will see what happens. After what happened with Dark Souls 2, I have a hard time seeing him let someone else direct one of his babies. But I have been wrong before.
Well I'm not tryna say who's been right or wrong, I'm just going based off of what he's said and fan reception. Bloodborne is a different IP from Souls, but the Souls series itself is comprised of two IPs, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. On top of that, fans have pretty much grouped them all as one series anyway; the whole "Soulsborne" shxt.

Here's his actual statement, promoting Dark Souls 3 and talking about what is later revealed to be Sekiro:

I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future... I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.

What is Bloodborne like compared to Souls? How similar? I haven’t played it.
It's "angrier". They encourage you to be more offensive.
While Dark Souls gives you a shield, Bloodborne gives you a gun. With this, you can stun/riposte enemies if you do it on the right time. If you're hit, there's a small window of time you can use to hit the enemy back and regain some of the lost health.

In Dark Souls, you can defend; in Bloodborne, only dodge. You don't want to be defensive in this game. They want you to attack.
It's a bad place of a lot scarier, too. The scenery alone had me at the edge of my seat.

Stamina control is the same, but in Bloodborne you don't have to worry about the weight of clothes/armor. You do not gain all of your health regen itens back when you die, you gotta farm them or buy more.

All else feels like the same. You die, enemies spawn back. The doors/gates you open stay open. You kill a boss, you feel great.

It's "angrier". They encourage you to be more offensive.
While Dark Souls gives you a shield, Bloodborne gives you a gun. With this, you can stun/riposte enemies if you do it on the right time. If you're hit, there's a small window of time you can use to hit the enemy back and regain some of the lost health.

In Dark Souls, you can defend; in Bloodborne, only dodge. You don't want to be defensive in this game. They want you to attack.
It's a bad place of a lot scarier, too. The scenery alone had me at the edge of my seat.

Stamina control is the same, but in Bloodborne you don't have to worry about the weight of clothes/armor. You do not gain all of your health regen itens back when you die, you gotta farm them or buy more.

All else feels like the same. You die, enemies spawn back. The doors/gates you open stay open. You kill a boss, you feel great.
Thanks for that. Sounds like I’d like it.

I bet you would. It was the first game I played from FromSoftware and one of the best and most innovative experiences I had playing games.

Should probably warn that Father Gascoigne is a real testing point for many when first playing Bloodborne. Personally I found Shadows of Yharnam another big sticking point to get past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"