Stand-Alone Movies BOBA FETT and Young HAN SOLO Spin-Offs Being Planned?

Cad Bane should be the villain in Fett's film.

boba-fett-vs-cad-bane.jpg

Meh. That could be settled in the video game. On the other hand:

Tales_Volume_5_078.jpg

"Before their kind was made extinct that is". That's a film worthy story right there. :drl:

So is one involving Cad Bane but I'd rather see the former.

No kidding:

Star Wars Spin-off Rumor: Boba Fett Challenging to adapt into a protagonist

We have a very minor rumor to share about Boba Fett from the Executive Breakfast that took place in Florida today at Disneyworld. While there still are things we haven’t been able to confirm from the breakfast, we did hear some chatter about what was discussed openly during the most important meal of the day.

This rumor was relayed by staff to other staff. So take it as you will. I have received a lot of direct messages requesting I share what we heard from the event. So I’m doing just that. I’m an enthusiastic Star Wars fan and I thought the info was fun to hear, just not highly notable. So I’m sharing it because I think if I enjoyed hearing it, you might too. I don’t expect this information to be perceived as groundbreaking news.

From what we have heard about the event, there was a lot of discussion about Boba Fett at the breakfast. The executives are apparently enthusiastic about the rocket man. There are some minor problems going forward with a film about a villain, however. The general problem with Boba Fett is how to use him effectively without ruining his evil essence to make him the protagonist of a Star Wars Spin-off film. The executive was overheard (paraphrased) as saying

Lucasfilm wants Boba Fett to remain menacing and scary but we have to make him the hero of the film and it is a real challenge.
If that's they're concern then the Story Group didn't make it any easier, since they approved of this:

boba-fett-interrogates-chalmuns-cantina-1.jpg

boba-fett-interrogates-chalmuns-cantina-2_1.jpg

Star-Wars-5-Boba-Fett.png
boba-fett-interrogates-chalmuns-cantina-4.jpg

Star-Wars-005-009.jpg

He kills him because he's a loose end.

Last edited:
Boba Fett has always been a guy who kills for money. Nothing too heroic about that. Protagonist does not equal hero. Maybe they should take inspiration from John Wick.Fett has retired from the life for one reason or another and is dragged back in via a bounty hunter looking to make a name for himself.

He was overly cruel in the comics (so far). I like it but don't like it.

About the only way you can really get away with a character like that without changing him would be to put him up against someone that is even darker. Give him an opponent that the audience would be happy to see him take down. So I would say keep the story away from having him hunting the "Good Guys" and stick to his involvement with the criminal underworld where the audience would be happier to see him let loose. Hehe if they want to go for an old classic storyline they could base it on Kurosawa's Yojimbo (Fistful of Dollars for those that only know the western remake).

There are 3 ways Boba can work as the protagonist:

1- The story of a young Boba between Episode III and IV, as he starts being less "innocent" and to understand what is necessary to survive as a bounty hunter.
2- Something a la For a Few Dollars More, where he might team up with someone else in order to take down a bigger threat. Show that bounty hunters might be merciless, but between them they still have deep respect and a code of honor.
3- Something set right after Episode VI where he gets out of the sarlaac pit and starts searching for redemption after realising the type of person he has become.

In short: Loss of innocence, code of honor or redemption arc.

I realy hope Disney finds a way to make it work, would love to see a SW film centered on darker characters.

Last edited:
IF I had a choice, I'd pick option two. I dont really wanna see Kid/teen Boba unless theyre flashbacks
and I dont really wanna see redemption for the character

Yeah if I was to pick I would go with something influenced by the Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood westerns, have him show up, be cool, then move on without ever really going into who he is. In the Leone westerns we never learn anything about the main characters backstory, and its not something we ever need to learn.

I'm not a fan of the trend of going back and creating stories about how a character became the way they are, I find its often better to keep some mystery with some characters.

Skipping the "feelings" stuff and backstory means they can just stick to making a tight, action packed film without needing to waste time on stuff people ultimately don't really care about.

Last edited:
He was overly cruel in the comics (so far). I like it but don't like it.

The raw truth is that he wouldn't be the best if allowed loose ends to walk away. Its unfortunate but that's the nature of the business.

One of the ways I think he could work as the protagonist is if they make him like one of my other favorite characters:

Uma-Thurman-Like-a-Boss-In-Kill-Bill-Gif.gif

tumblr_mwf7y8Tv9S1rwjvh4o2_250.gif

It could be a revenge story like Kill Bill, I guess. Black Mamba was an assassin.

Or it could just break all the rules and be like so:

giphy1_1.gif

I prefer the latter. :woot:

Last edited:
Yeah but neither of those films are aimed at the same demographics as the Star Wars films, as a Star Wars film it will need to be at worst PG-13 family film. That will have a big impact on what they can do with the character.

There are 3 ways Boba can work as the protagonist:

1- The story of a young Boba between Episode III and IV, as he starts being less "innocent" and to understand what is necessary to survive as a bounty hunter.
2- Something a la For a Few Dollars More, where he might team up with someone else in order to take down a bigger threat. Show that bounty hunters might be merciless, but between them they still have deep respect and a code of honor.
3- Something set right after Episode VI where he gets out of the sarlaac pit and starts searching for redemption after realising the type of person he has become.

In short: Loss of innocence, code of honor or redemption arc.

I realy hope Disney finds a way to make it work, would love to see a SW film centered on darker characters.

If I might take a crack at some version if these ideas with some modifications:

1- The Greatest Game: In the early years of the Empire, the greatest bounties lie on the heads of the few remaining Jedi and the last desperate Separatist holdouts. On the criminal world of Nar Shada, these two forces have combined, with the "Butcher of the Mid-Rim," a war-criminal and Separatist general in his twilight years, is attempting to enjoy a depraved retirement deep inside the city's underbelly. His newest bodyguard is a fallen, spice-addicted ex-Jedi, who ensures that no single assassin or bounty-hunter can get close enough to collect the bounty on either of their heads.

So, instead of single mercenaries going for the bounty, teams arrange themselves to uncover his location and find him. One team consists of brutal and messy pirates, one of professionals which includes the young Fett, and a quieter, third faction under Imperial contract lead by Cad Bane which seeks to actually find a way to recruit the Butcher under the table for the new regime. Since the hunt is taking place on a Hutt world, there is also an official gambling game going on for all possible outcomes, and cameras and other such devices record the first two teams' adventures.

Fett starts out the film a bit more sociable, but his party soon starts taking massive casualties, eventually ending with him as the sole remaining member and the only one aware of both the Jedi and Bane's involvement, though not his mission. He ends up betting heavily on himself and taking out credit to buy a suit of armor similar to his father's, and ends up out-fighting Bane and outfoxing the Jedi, and escapes Imperial anger by proving that he killed and disintegrated the Jedi to Vader.

2- Thiefs and Spies: Sometime between ANH and ESB, a small orbital dock becomes a battleground between multiple gangs. Fett arrives so he can collect on all of them. But to make sure he doesn't have to split the bounty with anyone else, and to keep the gangs from calling on the local corrupt Imperial official, he takes to coercing the cooperation of a young Bothan thief, who is our main protagonist compared to Boba as the mostly silent star.

So it's effectively like A Fistful Of Dollars, but using someone else as the viewpoint character to give even more emphasis to Fett's mysterious nature and moral ambiguity. The Bothan thief, meanwhile, learns a few things under Fett's manipulations and gets really good at lying and deceiving these crime bosses.
The thief also starts making contact with some Rebel spy cells.

Fett ends up weakening all the organizations via this method, and takes them all out, killing those worth more or the same dead as alive. The Bothan spy a manages to leave and join the Rebellion as a spy.

3- Predator and Prey:A few Years after ROTJ, Fett has finally recovered from his on-screen escape from the Sarlacc Pit. The Galaxy is a different place; the main force of the Empire has fallen, with the largest die hard faction fleeing to the Outer Rim. Some roving fleets remain, running as bandits or trying to set up minor fiefdoms to rule as despots. The New Republic is mopping up most of these hold-outs, but one group remains at large; an Imperial Inquisitor and a task force under his control which have become slavers, especially for some of those Outer Rim Imperials looking for a new kind of Stormtrooper...

Fett himself actually finds a bounty on his head; the New Republic will not tolerate freelance head-hunters, and in an era where Galactic Peace is now becoming the norm, his kind of occupation is quickly evaporating. Now restricted to Hut space where he can find a modicum of sanctuary, Fett is approached by representatives of both New Republic Intelligence and a new Imperial faction, the First Order. The former is willing to pardon Fett and pay him a bounty for setting the Inquisitor's forces up for an ambush, while also levying a threat of having special teams sent after Fett for his numerous crimes. The latter, meanwhile, is offering a bounty on the Inquisitor's head for "insubordination to the First Order" and wants his fleet to bring their latest catch and ships to the First Orders headquarters, offering money and even a commission as the First Hunter for their government.

Fett has some small allies now, and the theme of the film is whether or not Fett will try and find a way to adapt to the New Republic's status quo, or help the First Order set up a smaller arena in which he is already comfortable. He ends up taking the New Republic's offer, but still displays his ruthlessness and ambiguity by personally killing the Inquisitor for the First Order Bounty and keeping both sides in the dark about what he's actually done, so the NR doesn't know that he has info on the First Order and the First Order doesn't know he set up the task force. He ends the film with a new calling, possibly as a Mandalorian leader or wealthy law enforcement officer in Hutt Space.

This may be the solution they were looking for:

(UPDATE) HOT RUMOR: Looks Like Han Solo AND Boba Fett Are in the Second Star Wars Anthology Film!

star-wars-spinoff-han-solo-boba-fett1.jpg

Ever since Disney first bought the rights to Lucasfilm back in October of 2012, it was clear that we would be seeing a broad future of Star Wars material released outside of the new trilogy. The announcement of spinoffs has left many doubtful, but Celebration Anaheim’s confirmation of the Anthology series has sparked a lot of interest in the series as a compliment to the overall Star Wars mythos.

Though the first film in the series, Star Wars Anthology: Rouge One, doesn’t hit theatres until December of 2016, there’s already been speculation regarding the 2018 film, whose director spot was vacated by Josh Trank. Jeff Sneider of The Wrap recently reported that Boba Fett would be the focus of the film. However, an exclusive source has revealed some new info regarding the project.

Let’s classify this as a rumor to start as things are in motion quite a bit. But over and over again, my source is hearing the same thing: Han Solo and Boba Fett will be the focus of the second Star Wars Anthology film set for release in 2018. This is not a new rumor per se’, as Latino Review has previously reported the same rumor. What my source is stating is that it looks to be happening with some interesting additions.

The source reports that the conflict between Fett and Solo that was only hinted at in the original trilogy (and seen countless times in the Expanded Universe) will finally be onscreen in a film taking place between Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope. Additionally, it’s been mentioned that characters such as Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, and Bossk will make appearances throughout the film.

Also, according to the source, Disney really wants to delve into the “hive of scum and villainy” that Star Wars has been known for. As Rouge One definitely seems to be playing off of the influences of War films (the Zero Dark Thirty/Saving Private Ryan of the Star Wars Universe) this Anthology film will explore the influence of Westerns and bounty hunter films. Though no director is attached following Trank’s departure, my source is saying that both Jon Faverau and Matthew Vaughn have been thought to be circling the project.

As a Star Wars fan, this is a really exciting prospect. Boba Fett and Han Solo are, arguably, two of the most popular characters in Star Wars history, and though it’ll be exciting to see Harrison Ford return in Star wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens, it’s cool to see the characters themselves back in their “prime.” It also brings up interesting questions: how did the little boy from Attack of the Clones become the galaxy’s most fearsome bounty hunters, and what events led Han Solo to become the cocky, wisecracking scoundrel he is?

If this is true and we do, in fact, get to see a Young Han Solo (which was rumored to have his own spin-off titled Solo at one point) it will also be interesting to see how they explore the back story we’ve only known in the Expanded Universe. Though that content may be lost, events such as the A.C. Crispin Han Solo trilogy of novels and Boba Fett’s numerous adventures, including Tales of the Bounty Hunters, perhaps, will have a little bit of influence in this proposed movie. Expanding the events that we’ve heard about such as Han’s Ord Mantell bounty hunter encounter or winning of the Millennium Falcon can set up countless potential storylines. I’d love to see Disney’s take on the story.

It’s understandable that some may still be weary of a spin-off series, but unlike most Cinematic Universes where there’s unnecessary prequels, the Anthology films look to be telling a story we want to see, and it definitely seems to be in fan service. It’ll be hard for anyone to step into the roles of these iconic characters, but there’s a lot of talent out there (I personally think Jack O’Connell would make a badass Boba Fett). Also, that’s assuming they recast Boba Fett which would contradict Lucas’ own revisionist history in making Temuera Morrison’s voice heard in Empire. We shall see.

The source has also said another interesting bit of information regarding a currently untitled THIRD Star Wars Anthology Film that is possibly set for release in 2020. While Rouge One will be a war film and the 2018 film will be a western, the third Anthology film will be much more “mythological and spiritual” based. While it was once reported that a Mace Windu movie may be in the works, there’s been strong speculation that this could be an origin story regarding Yoda. While the backstory of Yoda has been a closely guarded secret for some time it seems, the fact that this would be a possible final Anthology film, is an interesting notion.

So there’s a HOT RUMOR for you, Schmoeville. We’ll have to wait and see what shakes out but for now, this is a report of some serious behind the scenes conversations. Also, be sure and keep your eyes here on Schmoesknow.com for the second story we’ll drop later today.
^^
There's a $$$ maker for ya!

Last edited:
Eh...see this isn't what I wanted out of the Anthology films. I dont want "young Yoda" "MAce Windu spin off", etc. I'd like more project like Rogue One which is new characters and a different kind of movie.

That being said, if they're good, they're good. But I just think they'll be limiting themselves if theyre just doing solo films of already established characters

As for the Fett and Solo thing. I'm still not that stoked to see a Han Solo prequel, but if they are gonna do it, I say keep the Boba Fett movie and the Han Solo one separate and then maybe have the meet up in a sequel.

I'm not even the biggest fan of Boba Fett, but I'd rather see him in a movie by himself

Well since the second anthology film has been confirmed to be a Young Han Solo film, I'm pretty sure we can discount that rumor.

I mean a Young Han Solo movie doesn't mean Boba can't show up

If I might take a crack at some version if these ideas with some modifications:

3- Predator and Prey: A few Years after ROTJ, Fett has finally recovered from his on-screen escape from the Sarlacc Pit. The Galaxy is a different place; the main force of the Empire has fallen, with the largest die hard faction fleeing to the Outer Rim. Some roving fleets remain, running as bandits or trying to set up minor fiefdoms to rule as despots. The New Republic is mopping up most of these hold-outs, but one group remains at large; an Imperial Inquisitor and a task force under his control which have become slavers, especially for some of those Outer Rim Imperials looking for a new kind of Stormtrooper...

Fett himself actually finds a bounty on his head; the New Republic will not tolerate freelance head-hunters, and in an era where Galactic Peace is now becoming the norm, his kind of occupation is quickly evaporating. Now restricted to Hut space where he can find a modicum of sanctuary, Fett is approached by representatives of both New Republic Intelligence and a new Imperial faction, the First Order. The former is willing to pardon Fett and pay him a bounty for setting the Inquisitor's forces up for an ambush, while also levying a threat of having special teams sent after Fett for his numerous crimes. The latter, meanwhile, is offering a bounty on the Inquisitor's head for "insubordination to the First Order" and wants his fleet to bring their latest catch and ships to the First Orders headquarters, offering money and even a commission as the First Hunter for their government.

Fett has some small allies now, and the theme of the film is whether or not Fett will try and find a way to adapt to the New Republic's status quo, or help the First Order set up a smaller arena in which he is already comfortable. He ends up taking the New Republic's offer, but still displays his ruthlessness and ambiguity by personally killing the Inquisitor for the First Order Bounty and keeping both sides in the dark about what he's actually done, so the NR doesn't know that he has info on the First Order and the First Order doesn't know he set up the task force. He ends the film with a new calling, possibly as a Mandalorian leader or wealthy law enforcement officer in Hutt Space.

I like this take the most. He's neutral but there is still enough good deed in there to keep the audience on his side, which is I think, Lucasfilm's main concern.

Last edited:
I would've preferred if they merged the Han Solo and Boba Fett movies into 1 film just like what FOX did with X-men: First Class when it was originally going to be X-men Origins: Magneto.

No kidding:

If that's they're concern then the Story Group didn't make it any easier, since they approved of this:

boba-fett-interrogates-chalmuns-cantina-1.jpg

boba-fett-interrogates-chalmuns-cantina-2_1.jpg

Star-Wars-5-Boba-Fett.png
boba-fett-interrogates-chalmuns-cantina-4.jpg

Star-Wars-005-009.jpg

He kills him because he's a loose end.
:atp::atp::atp:

I would've preferred if they merged the Han Solo and Boba Fett movies into 1 film just like what FOX did with X-men: First Class when it was originally going to be X-men Origins: Magneto.
I hate that they did that with Megneto and Id hate it if they did it with Boba and Han. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"