Stand-Alone Movies BOBA FETT and Young HAN SOLO Spin-Offs Being Planned?

The whole, "its a Disney" movie is getting real, real old. Why do people not realize just what kind of movies have been released under their watch. People also seem to be giving the Story Group more power than what they have. I mean, the Darth Vader comic is a pretty good blueprint on how to do a story with a villain.

Kennedy seems pretty certain that the Anthologies are not the Trilogies, and will be the place more more experimentation in the Star Wars universe.

The Story Group is the decider of what is canon in the comics. But yea, you may be right. They might green light a dark adult oriented film. I hope they do. :boba:

The Story Group is the decider of what is canon in the comics. But yea, you may be right. They might green light a dark adult oriented film. I hope they do. :boba:

Rogue One from what I've gleaned is pretty damn dark, so I don't think a Boba Fett film will be a problem.

Oh and Manu Bennett as Boba Fett....

Seeing as Temuera Morrison is boba fett in canon it would only work as a pass the torch story if its set after episode 6

Last edited:
Seeing as Temuera Morrison is boba fett in canon it would only work as a pass the torch story if its set after episode 6

No way. Bennett absolutely passes as a younger Temuera Morrison. That role is all him.

No way. Bennett absolutely passes as a younger Temuera Morrison. That role is all him.

While that probably wouldn't work for a movie set after episode 6 since its over probably over 30 years after Episode 2 so Temuera Morrison probably would be fine to play him at the age he is now

if its set before episode 4 that one could possibly work

If they can recast Han Solo, there's no reason they need to bring Morrison back.

If Boba survived the Sarlaac, which he apparently did (his armor didn't just walk out of the pit on it's own. See "Star Wars: Aftermath"), what would his priority be? The plot and the setting will depend on what's established in TFA and the comics. There's a 30 year gap to work with.

Oh and Manu Bennett as Boba Fett....

tumblr_nn0aasfWqp1r91o39o1_500.jpg

The Michael B Jordan rumor is false.

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/news/fett-fact-check/spin-off-film/

I've been saying this guy's absolutely perfect for about two years now. I hope they make this Han Solo movie a "cat and mouse" type of movie between these two.

I am not saying he'd be bad in the role at all... but, since the latest rumored names that came up for young Han were all in their earily to mid 20's, they'll probably be looking for a younger actor for him too, unfortunately

I mean Manu is already older then Morrison was in the prequels

I am not saying he'd be bad in the role at all... but, since the latest rumored names that came up for young Han were all in their earily to mid 20's, they'll probably be looking for a younger actor for him too, unfortunately

They will need to work out how old boba fett would be in whatever time they set the young han solo in

Last edited:
Only because harrison ford can't play someone in his mid-20s, if the age matches with morrison then there is no reason to recast

My point is, if they can recast a character and actor thought of together so much, why do they need to bring back Morrison? What would be the benefit? He's not a draw and it's not like he put some stamp on the character in his voice dubbing apart from sounding bored, same if you want to count his Jango performance. They can cast better.

My point is, if they can recast a character and actor thought of together so much, why do they need to bring back Morrison? What would be the benefit? He's not a draw and it's not like he put some stamp on the character in his voice dubbing apart from sounding bored, same if you want to count his Jango performance. They can cast better.

Lets be honest if they recast they will have to get someone who will pretty much do an impression of morrison since Fett in canon is a clone of jango just like every clone is and clone wars and rebels have pretty much done the same

if they set it as a young boba fett in his 20s then they could probably get someone who looks like morrison and can sound abit like him to play a slightly more different fett but thats probably the most realistic way of looking at it

If its set after episode 6 then morrison could easy play that role and it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did a pass the torch story since they ain't gonna wanna forget about the fetts as they continue forward

Last edited:
If its set after episode 6 then morrison could easy play that role and it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did a pass the torch story since they ain't gonna wanna forget about the fetts as they continue forward

Fett would be in his 30s if it was set shortly after ROTJ.

Fett would be in his 30s if it was set shortly after ROTJ.

Would that be the case though? He is a child in AOTC and he is in the clone wars cartoon as a kid although not sure how old he is in clone wars but still there is a couple of years between AOTC and ROTS and then 20 years in between Episode 3 and episode 4 and then there is there is a certain amount of time In between the OT to get to episode 6

I wouldn't want to guess since I don't know what the gaps were between the OT films but I imagine mid 40s would be the most plausible

Last edited:
Would that be the case though? He is a child in AOTC and he is in the clone wars cartoon as a kid although not sure how old he is in clone wars but still there is a couple of years between AOTC and ROTS and then 20 years in between Episode 3 and episode 4 and then there is there is a certain amount of time In between the OT to get to episode 6

I wouldn't want to guess since I don't know what the gaps were between the OT films but I imagine mid to late 40s would be the most plausible

Let's say 12 in AOTC. 15 by the end of Clone Wars. 35 by the start of the original. 4 years from the original to ROTJ. He's 39.

Let's say 12 in AOTC. 15 by the end of Clone Wars. 35 by the start of the original. 4 years from the original to ROTJ. He's 39.

That's a good guess but I recall Temuera Morrison saying he was 10 during AOTC. It was in the "Bucket Head" special feature.

To me, it doesn't matter who looks like what since I want Boba to not take off his helmet. I don't care for as a character; I care for his badassery. He should be like Judge Dredd: Masked the entire time but surround him with characters with depth who can act as surrogates for the audience.

IMO a Boba Fett film should be a combination of Dredd, John Wick, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: a very gritty sci-fi neo-noir crime western where the protagonist is mysterious and there is very little exposition.

IMO a Boba Fett film should be a combination of Dredd, John Wick, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: a very gritty sci-fi neo-noir crime western where the protagonist is mysterious and there is very little exposition.

They could just photoshop Fett and his weapons in Dredd(2012) and it'd be my favorite movie of all time, as far as I'm concerned.

The latest:

How the Star Wars Standalone Movies Will Be Different And Is Boba Fett Still Alive?

Continuing my coverage from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens junket, today I bring you Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy, who helps to explain how the Star Wars anthology movies (i.e., the “A Star Wars Story” films) will be different from the Star Wars Saga movies. Along the way we might even learn something about the rumored Boba Fett movie. Hit the jump and learn how the Star Wars standalone movies will be different.
It is hinted that the BF film may take place after ROTJ.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"