Solo The Scoundrel - Alden Ehrenreich is Han Solo

Point being that the multiple picture deal doesn’t mean much.

They don't when the intention was to kill the main character. The multi-picture deal thing was probably a power thing, and before Jones read the script and knew they wanted to kill her. Like, "hey, we want you for this, we'll pay you X amount of money, sign on the dotted line for 3 movies", but knowing they never intended to actually pursue more than one.

Jyn is hardly Han, it's apples & oranges. I'd put money on Ehrenreich & Glover (maybe even Clarke) appearing again somewhere down the road. Whether that's "Solo 2" or more of a general ensemble underworld type of movie who knows.

Last edited:
I thought he did great and it’s a shame we won’t see him reprise the role in any possible sequels. However, I hope he gets to show up in some other anthology movies as Han.

Yeah, I would have liked to see him again.

Isn't he coming back?

Or are you suggesting this based on the poor BO performance?

Isn't he coming back?

Or are you suggesting this based on the poor BO performance?

Yeah based on the BO. If WOM picks up we may see an upturn in receipts but considering how much this cost I don't think it will make enough to warrant a direct sequel.

Hopefully he shows up as Han in Boba Fett.

Yeah, he might pop up in Boba Fett, unless the BO for Solo ends up being so bad that they just want to wash their hands of the whole thing.

Yeah, he might pop up in Boba Fett, unless the BO for Solo ends up being so bad that they just want to wash their hands of the whole thing.

Hopefully not in regards to the BO, but it ain’t looking good at the moment that’s for sure. But yeah, would love to see him pop up again at some point.

I REALLY hope we get another chance to see him in the role again, for me he was the best part of the movie. As I was watching the last scene I remember thinking that I really want to see more of this version of Han and Chewie...bummer.

IF Disney chalks up the box office problems to:

-A poor release date (right after Infinity War and Deapool 2 came out).

-Poor marketing (in part due to bad release date).

-The budget ballooning because they basically had to reshoot a big chunk of the movie once they swapped out directors.

Then maybe there's hope.

Hope for...Alden Ehrenreich returning as the character?

Totally. He was like 90% of the way to what you'd want from this - feeling like Solo without doing a straight-up Ford mimic.

It's a hard thing to quantify, that "feel/vibe", but he more or less nailed all that. It's just the voice and mannerisms that were a little off - but I even kind of like that in a way, different point in the guy's life, he's proto-Han but not quite that guy yet. It fit.

Yeah I thought he was great, I actually forgot it was a different actor portraying Han at certain points, which to me is a good thing.

He wasn't bad. He was much better than I expected. I don't think they could have made a better choice for the role. Of course he is not Harrison Ford but he did good job.

I really liked him. He just felt very natural in the role. He’s every bit as good as Han as Chris Pine was as Captain Kirk, and that’s saying something. I hope he shows up again in Boba Fett or Obi-Wan or whatever.

Right now I'd say the Boba Fett and Obi-Wan movies are going to be indefinitely shelved. The box office is telling Disney that fans don't want the anthology movies, so my guess is they aren't going to get them. After IX we probably won't see another SW movie for another 5-10 years, maybe longer.

Right now I'd say the Boba Fett and Obi-Wan movies are going to be indefinitely shelved. The box office is telling Disney that fans don't want the anthology movies, so my guess is they aren't going to get them. After IX we probably won't see another SW movie for another 5-10 years, maybe longer.

Oh, for sure. In fact, I bet Disney will never make another Star Wars movie again and scrap all the plans for their Star Wars theme park. I wouldn't be surprised if they just washed their hands of all of it and sold Lucasfilm to Comcast because it's clearly worthless now. :o

Anyone curious about what would happen if Ingruber had been casted ? I'm always curious to see his Solo.

Alden did a very good job btw.

If Ingruber got cast?

We'd have a bad lead actor in the movie.

Last edited:
Alden was pretty good for the most part, aside from a couple moments.

Alden nailed it IMO as a young Solo. There are some things that I didn't like but after thinking about it they were smart character choices. It helped show how Solo became Solo in the OG Trilogy and how he got there.

Yeah, that's how I felt. It's a shame we probably won't see him again.

He could easily show up in the Boba Fett movie.

He didn't impress me in the slightest. "I'm a drivurr....and...a flyurr..." UGH

Alden nailed it IMO as a young Solo. There are some things that I didn't like but after thinking about it they were smart character choices. It helped show how Solo became Solo in the OG Trilogy and how he got there.

Agreed, really hope we get to see him in the role again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"