• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight BOF update

batman44

Go Speed GO
Reaction score
Goyer Talks TDK
Author: Jett
Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - 10:03 AM CENTRAL TIME: David Goyer recently talked a bit about THE DARK KNIGHT with CBR NEWS. He confirmed what BOF has been telling y’all for a while: the project is further along than people have thought. Anyway, check this out:

How about THE DARK KNIGHT? Chris Nolan's finished with THE PRESTIGE and Heath Ledger has been cast as the Joker. I'm guessing the two of you and screenwriter Jonathan Nolan will be getting together pretty soon?

“That's already been done.”

Has the story already been completely worked out?

“It's gone into Jonathan's hands and it's now out of Jonathan's hands and now in Chris' hands.”

Have you had a chance to look over the final product and make some additional suggestions?

“Yup. It's really further along than people may think.”

From what I’ve been hearing, it’s in active pre-production as we speak and they’ll be ready to roll first thing in 2007. Thanks to "JT" for the lead...

http://batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

It's out of Jonathan's hands?

So there IS a script.

Boom said:
So there IS a script.

And, apparently, it is also good.

So Paul Levitz did not lie...

Great news indeed, So I guess we will really get a script review maybe before 07 begins?

So this means that the script is being finalised by Chris Nolan now, right? Excellent news. Can't wait to see the review.

Looks like LR may not have been bull****ting after all.

...i knew it!

i trust in latinos!

that means that Latino Review will have a script review of Jonathen Nolan's draft pretty soon... its probably been completed for a while and what Ledger read in order to be on board. I'm sure Nolan called Heath and said "hey, I want you to be the Joker, come read this script" a little before he was cast. People forget but in the time before Begins was in pre-production, and Christopher Nolan had just been announced as the guy who would be making the next one he was "in talks" with Ledger... and everyone assumed it was for Batman.

Im glad Goyers had the chance to look over the script.

Anyone has any hints on the general synopsis outside of the obvious (the Joker is in it)?

Well imagine that… a few months out from production and lo and behold there is a script after all! C’mon, did anyone really buy that smoke screen that there wasn’t a fairly realized draft? I didn’t, not for a second, not at this late date. It’s just common sense, and I didn’t need anyone to confirm that fact.

So, for anyone thinking Chris and Goyer reduced their involvement in the script, they´re still both very much into it. Of course the Latino Review script review will be based on a draft, not the final script.

BatScot said:
Well imagine that… a few months out from production and lo and behold there is a script after all! C’mon, did anyone really buy that smoke screen that there wasn’t a fairly realized draft? I didn’t, not for a second, not at this late date. It’s just common sense, and I didn’t need anyone to confirm that fact.
When producers say, "there isn´t a script yet", they usually mean the shooting script, we all knew at least some drafts should have been made by now. Jonathan was hired to pen it months ago and there has been a story treatment by Nolan and Goyer for longer than that.

Here's the original source:

cbrnews_thecomicreel.gif

1-ON-1: DAVID GOYER TALKS "BLADE" THE TV SERIES
by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer
Posted: September 6, 2006

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8291

... scroll down to find the TDK stuff.

sounds all great to me, Goyer knows the character then pass that off to Jonathon and Chris who are great story tellers/dialogue. Can't wait for some sort of review

ultimatefan said:
When producers say, "there isn´t a script yet", they usually mean the shooting script, we all knew at least some drafts should have been made by now. Jonathan was hired to pen it months ago and there has been a story treatment by Nolan and Goyer for longer than that.
Of course, but when LR didn’t post their review some people took this as some sort of proof that a valid treatment didn’t even exist. Well that's just people not using their heads. But one can say with high probability of being correct that a fairly complete draft does exists and has existed for some time, and that this draft—in whatever state it is currently in, though not final—will be fairly representative of the final film, as the Goyer draft was to BB… and I can confirm that I’ve been telling y’all that for awhile.

;)

Great news and soon we will get script review eh?

Boom said:
Looks like LR may not have been bull****ting after all.

Yep, that's true.

I hope we will get script review before November.

Maybe they're waiting for production to start.

^^^

There are only 3 varients:

A) They are waiting for release date of The Prestige (Oct. 20th)

B) They will post it in January (TDk Production starts)

C) They are keeping it for the spring'07.

i think we'll get it oct. 20th...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"