• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight BOF update

Boom said:
Then people got all pissed when Ken Watanabe got cast as Ra's al Ghul. Comments like, "Dude that's so stupid!!!1 Ra's isn't Japanese!! WTf?!!?!"

While those of us who read the script laughed our asses off.

And then when Tom Wilkinson was cast, people were all like, "He's not Italian! We need the guy from The Sopranos! All is lost!". Blech. And Wilkinson provided, in my opinion, to be excellent in the role (minus his accent).

Boom said:
Then people got all pissed when Ken Watanabe got cast as Ra's al Ghul. Comments like, "Dude that's so stupid!!!1 Ra's isn't Japanese!! WTF?!!?!"

While those of us who read the script laughed our asses off.

Ahhhhh... good times...:D:up:

i never hung around the Non-Spoilers section so i couldnt relate.

why those who dont want to be spoiled kept coming intothe Spoiler section then bich about spoilers i could never figure out :rolleyes:

Good news. To me it seems te script is complete, bar any last minute tweeking by Chris Nolan. Now all we need is casting, costume, sets, props ect and we're off to the races.

Hell, pre-shhoting begins this upcoming Jan. he script better be done by now.

StorminNorman said:
I wasn't here for Begins - but I have heard horror stories about the Ra's/Ducard spoiler being mentioned in the Non-Spoilers board.
That's exactly what i'm talking about. I learned the Ra's/Ducard business after some jerk posted it in the *Non-Spoilers* forum , IN THE THREAD'S TITLE!

I've no problem with anyone posting spoilers, as long as they don't do something stupid like that. Keep it in the spoilers forum, and warn people in the thread's/post's title there's a spoiler without revealing it in the title. Unfortunately, I thoroughly believe if the script is leaked, this is exactly what will happen ... again.

Seen said:
And then when Tom Wilkinson was cast, people were all like, "He's not Italian! We need the guy from The Sopranos! All is lost!". Blech. And Wilkinson provided, in my opinion, to be excellent in the role (minus his accent).

Yeah, Tom was great in the role--the only problems came from the script (I would have at least kept the family-man part of his character, make him more balanced, instead of the living embodyment of the gangster stereotype).

I lie when I say Im laying low about TDK but reading all this gets me fired up all over again.(Dangit)

BatScot said:
Of course, but when LR didn’t post their review some people took this as some sort of proof that a valid treatment didn’t even exist. Well that's just people not using their heads. But one can say with high probability of being correct that a fairly complete draft does exists and has existed for some time, and that this draft—in whatever state it is currently in, though not final—will be fairly representative of the final film, as the Goyer draft was to BB… and I can confirm that I’ve been telling y’all that for awhile.

;)
Well, as I said before, some important story and character points were significantly different from the final product - the subject of revenge, for instance, is more upfront in the movie - so the word "final" here is an overstatement. Was it a mostly fair representation of the backbone? Yes, but God is in the details. At the very least, most things that some people here criticized VERY emphatically were corrected, like "Alfred doesn´t question Bruce" or "Bruce doesn´t have a turning point".

anyway, i don't hate BOF... i just think bof n jett became a joke in the last time...

Seen said:

People like that need to get laid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"