Bond Films

1) Craig
2) Dalton
3) Connery
4) Brosnan
5) Moore
6) Lazenby

IMO
I like your ranking! Perhaps would switch Dalton with Craig, other than that. But the two last deserve their ranking... a lot...

It does have a superb pre-title sequence (until the slapstick with Jaws at the end).

Thats whats wrong with Moonraker. Everytime its starting to get good they find a way to screw it up.

Thats whats wrong with Moonraker. Everytime its starting to get good they find a way to screw it up.

True, but there are films like Diamonds are Forever and Die Another Day which never start to get good in the first place.

I still feel that the pre-title sequence of Die Another Day was of one the most extraordinary sequences in Bond history. The action was superb, intense and thrilling. Bond getting captured wasn't tacky. It seemed like it would serve as an anchor the entire film.

In the end, it didn't, but it was still a good beginning.

Exactly! Heck, Brosnan got some of the finest Bond opening sequences in the whole franchise, they were all awesome at different levels!

The high tech crap in DAD was really lame imo.

Lee Tamahori was the wrong choice to direct Die Another Day. However, without him, EON wouldn't have fixed themselves, and decided to bring quality to the franchise again. They are now hiring directors that are something, rather than bad directors and nobodies.

Exactly! Heck, Brosnan got some of the finest Bond opening sequences in the whole franchise, they were all awesome at different levels!

I agree with that. Even DAD opening kicked ass.

I still feel that the pre-title sequence of Die Another Day was of one the most extraordinary sequences in Bond history. The action was superb, intense and thrilling. Bond getting captured wasn't tacky. It seemed like it would serve as an anchor the entire film.

In the end, it didn't, but it was still a good beginning.

I think that was a very bad opening title sequence. The sound track alone was low grade mess. Brosnans worst film IMO.

What was the pre title sequence in tomorrow never dies...I cant remember. Brosnan had some good pts but they were more spectacle-styled sequences. They lacked a lot of charm and class. GF's PTS beats all of Brosnan's imo. It had action, charm and class.

TND had a bad pre-title sequence. TWINE had a good one, though. I like the pre-title sequence for DAD, too.

What was your favorite Bond theme?

(Try to only name up to five)

Theme song.

1. YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - NANCY SINATRA
[YT]K_byjAZ9FlU[/YT]

2. GOLDFINGER - SHIRLEY BASSEY
[YT]_7leX_BBcOA[/YT]

3. LIVE AND LET DIE - PAUL McCARTNEY
[YT]Ti655DC6xMU[/YT]

4. NOBODY DOES IT BETTER - CARLY SIMON
[YT]dlxlP9pYq1A[/YT]

5. WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD - LOUIS ARMSTRONG
[YT]h2Js2TdZGk0[/YT]

1. LIVE AND LET DIE by Paul McCartney
2. NOBODY DOES IT BETTER by Carly Simon
3. WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD by Louis Armstrong
4. GOLDFINGER by Shirley Bassey
5. ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE by John Barry

1. Duran Duran - A VIEW TO A KILL

2. Paul McCartney & Wings - LIVE AND LET DIE

3. Chris Cornell - YOU'LL KNOW MY NAME

4. Nancy Sinatra - YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE

5. Sheryl Crow - TOMORROW NEVER DIES

It's really the only great song from the `80s. The other ones were just good. I think the `60s was the best decade for the Bond songs AND score. The `70s and `80s were alright. The `90s were decent. And the 2000s, SO FAR, has been disappointing. :csad:

Madonna's song for DAD is meh. I love Chris Cornell's song for CR, though. I was a big Audioslave and Soundgarden fan. Chris Cornell was my favorite lead singer when he was with Audioslave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"